Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GlenMan

Quote from: LeoMc on July 21, 2023, 09:26:04 AM
The Tyrone website shows the games as going ahead but if you click on Cookstown it brings up their u14, u16 & u18 games as postponed.
I am not sure how the same website can give to different results depending on how you search but it is a mess.
Who is actually responsible for the website?
Even scrolling down through the competitions there is no consistency in naming them.
Under 14 League grade 2
Under 14 grade 1 League
Under 14 grade 3a League
Under 14 gd3 development League

AFAIK, the fixtures are pulled from the central servasport/gms system. Can only assume that whoever setup the comps (someone on CCC?) didn't consistently name them and that's pulled through to the site.

clarshack

Quote from: Onthe40 on July 21, 2023, 08:39:05 AM
Is there controversy around the g3 16 final too? Hearing Stown not going to show due to holidays and Co board insisting it goes ahead

Yes some controversy there too I believe. Our U-16's have several players away on holidays atm and the club genuinely wouldn't even be able to field 13 players tomorrow but I heard earlier that the game has been moved to the first week in August I think.
Heard that ourselves and Drumragh had agreed to play the game at the end of August when both clubs had nobody away on holidays but the county board didn't agree to that.
The county board probably need to take a bit of responsibilty here too as they could have had the competition finished before the holiday period even with the Regional Feile being held in Stewartstown on the 1st July which affected both clubs. Don't see why they couldn't have fixed the semi-finals for the middle of the week before the Feile on the 28th June with the Final on the 6th July.

Onthe40

trailer

Quote from: LeoMc on July 21, 2023, 09:26:04 AM
The Tyrone website shows the games as going ahead but if you click on Cookstown it brings up their u14, u16 & u18 games as postponed.
I am not sure how the same website can give to different results depending on how you search but it is a mess.
Who is actually responsible for the website?
Even scrolling down through the competitions there is no consistency in naming them.
Under 14 League grade 2
Under 14 grade 1 League
Under 14 grade 3a League
Under 14 gd3 development League

Absolute mindfuck that website.

trueblue1234

Quote from: clarshack on July 21, 2023, 10:30:59 AM
Quote from: Onthe40 on July 21, 2023, 08:39:05 AM
Is there controversy around the g3 16 final too? Hearing Stown not going to show due to holidays and Co board insisting it goes ahead

Yes some controversy there too I believe. Our U-16's have several players away on holidays atm and the club genuinely wouldn't even be able to field 13 players tomorrow but I heard earlier that the game has been moved to the first week in August I think.
Heard that ourselves and Drumragh had agreed to play the game at the end of August when both clubs had nobody away on holidays but the county board didn't agree to that.
The county board probably need to take a bit of responsibilty here too as they could have had the competition finished before the holiday period even with the Regional Feile being held in Stewartstown on the 1st July which affected both clubs. Don't see why they couldn't have fixed the semi-finals for the middle of the week before the Feile on the 28th June with the Final on the 6th July.
There's now a bereavement in Drumragh as well. Game called off last night.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

Jim Bob

Fianna v galbally off too. Bereavement in Coalisland

Moonshine

Quote from: redzone on July 20, 2023, 09:54:15 PM
What is going on with Cookstown. Refusing to play both u16 finals. Members contine to receive councilling and support from healthcare professionals and the professional advice is that the players aren't ready to play the finals this weekend.WTF

Few on holidays no doubt.

GaaGPT

Another weekend off football complete.
D1 - Moortown and Greencastle with another defeat. Look favorites now to be relegated
D2 - Yet another win for Clonoe, looks like they could walk this league although i see they have a big fixture this weekend. Kileshil still struggling, great win for Rock and also Beragh
D3 - Another 'nearly' year for Drumragh. Fintona still going strong

Quote from: GaaGPT on July 24, 2023, 09:00:35 AM
Another weekend off football complete.
D1 - Moortown and Greencastle with another defeat. Look favorites now to be relegated
D2 - Yet another win for Clonoe, looks like they could walk this league although i see they have a big fixture this weekend. Kileshil still struggling, great win for Rock and also Beragh
D3 - Another 'nearly' year for Drumragh. Fintona still going strong

Coalisland in the mix to go down as well

Jerome

Teams at the bottom of 1 and 2 seem to the teams that are going to be there the reminder of the year.

GaaGPT

I think Edendork will move up the table

Tyrone11234

superstar_

Moortown at home to Coalisland on Friday is a big game in the whole relegation picture. Some turnaround from a year ago when Coalisland were giving points out to make sure Clonoe got relegated.

rrhf

Couldn't see it. They are too talented and are as capable of having a run in the o Neill cup as anyone. Are Coalisland one of the couple of teams carmen as well that have never been in division 2?

clarshack

Quote from: rrhf on July 25, 2023, 04:04:53 PM
Couldn't see it. They are too talented and are as capable of having a run in the o Neill cup as anyone. Are Coalisland one of the couple of teams carmen as well that have never been in division 2?

If Clonoe can go down then so can Coalisland.
The Fianna were last Intermediate in 1984.
They were also out of the top league division (Division 1A) in 2003 but still Senior Championship.
Carrickmore are the only team in Tyrone never to be out of Division1/1A/Senior Championship if you believe Ballygawley and Errigal are the same club as Ballygawley were Intermediate in 1985.
It's a while though since Dromore and Omagh last played Intermediate (1970's). Killyclogher were last Intermediate around 1996. Ardboe 1990.