Derry v Galway AISF Sat 9th July 5.30pm Croke Park

Started by screenexile, June 26, 2022, 07:50:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

marty34

Good luck to south Derry on Saturday evening.

Gallagher will have his homework done.

Manning18

Have Derry any set routine with regards what jersey they wear? I always assumed the white one was the home one so was surprised to see the red again the last day. Assume it'll be white on Saturday to avoid yet another slight GAA kit clash? We do seem to love them so much for some unknown reason, the hurling last Saturday being a classic example

seafoid

Quote from: Rossfan on July 06, 2022, 01:42:01 PM
Have ye any hope at all SeaifĂ­n?
I think it's the best team we have had for some time. Galway teams that are the business tend to improve as the competition develops.
They would be  good tournament team in soccer.
Derry are obviously good but I think we might nick it.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Derryman forever

Quote from: Cunny Funt on July 06, 2022, 06:16:35 PM
How much Rory Gallagher has learnt from his last two games against Galway will be a likely decider. Last spring in the league and a few years ago as Donegal manager in the round 4 qualifier his sides conceded a whopping 8-28 as they were destroyed on the kick outs and turn overs

If Derry bring the required intensity and aggression into this match I'd expect this match to be decided on fine margins if not Galway to win by a bit to spare.

On another note i watched back on the 1998 Derry v Galway All-Ireland semi final the other night. How bad was Joe Brolly? Seen better performances from Junior B club players after a feed of drink. Joe was eventually subbed off on 45 minutes yapping away to himself.

Only guessing here, but I think 1998 will have little impact on 2022.

Cunny Funt

Quote from: Derryman forever on July 06, 2022, 06:48:26 PM
Only guessing here, but I think 1998 will have little impact on 2022.
Did i say it would?

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Derry by 5 . End of the day it's about fitness cohesiveness and system. Derry have that. Gaelic football not a very skillful sport so if you have all of the above ye go far

seafoid

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on July 06, 2022, 08:12:47 PM
Derry by 5 . End of the day it's about fitness cohesiveness and system. Derry have that. Gaelic football not a very skillful sport so if you have all of the above ye go far
Mayo have had fitness, cohesiveness and system for a decade. You also need at least 3 scoring forwards.  8)

Blowitupref

Galways fitness and conditioning is as good as it's been for many years. cohesiveness and system has got them this far and i think it will get them to AI final. Galway to win by a point or two.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: seafoid on July 06, 2022, 08:27:43 PM
Mayo have had fitness, cohesiveness and system for a decade. You also need at least 3 scoring forwards.  8)

Honestly,not that hard, that's my point

lenny

Quote from: Blowitupref on July 06, 2022, 08:52:32 PM

Galways fitness and conditioning is as good as it's been for many years. cohesiveness and system has got them this far and i think it will get them to AI final. Galway to win by a point or two.

I think Galway will win by 4 or 5. Derry have had a brilliant season and are in bonus territory. They've a very small panel and I think tiredness will catch up with them. Galway seem to be improving nicely and they've been up around the top level a bit longer.

Blowitupref

Quote from: lenny on July 06, 2022, 09:16:43 PM

I think Galway will win by 4 or 5. Derry have had a brilliant season and are in bonus territory. They've a very small panel and I think tiredness will catch up with them. Galway seem to be improving nicely and they've been up around the top level a bit longer.

Don't think tiredness will be issue for Derry. Good rest after the Ulster final and had a stroll against Clare. This is semi final that both will be expecting to win will be zero talk of bonus territory. Next few years the semi final opponents could be Kerry or Dublin if Galway, Derry reach the last 4 so this is opportunity to grasp.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

An Fhairche Abu

Fools game trying to predict this match, all on the day, much like the Armagh game, a good case can be made for either team it's so tight.
If Galway turn up and play well we've every chance, all I want to see is a good performance, I liked what I saw against Armagh for the most part, obviously there are a number of flaws that Derry will be looking to expolit but up to Galway to improve on those and to up it again on the things that are being done right.

seafoid

A tight match bring the winner on a lot for the final.

Silver hill

Quote from: lenny on July 06, 2022, 09:16:43 PM

....maybe if they'd played their last game 2 days ago but a two week break takes tiredness out of the equation. Derry are the fittest of the 4 teams left and showed in all games thus far that they have the legs coming down the stretch. Just look at glass's GPS for the Ulster final- 18km ( even allowing for the extra 20 mins) that's off the charts running.
Our bench might be our Achilles heel if we pick up a couple of injuries. Emmett Bradley is a super option and would love to see a fully fit Paudie Tad unleashed in CP. after that, it's light enough. A full press on our kickout is also a worry if Galway decide to go down that route though unlikely as I think Joyce will keep cover to try to prevent exposure when we break quickly. It's intriguing, looking forward to it.

TheMistro

Quote from: seafoid on July 06, 2022, 10:02:13 PM
A tight match bring the winner on a lot for the final.

Can't see Derry or Galweigens getting near kerry in the final.