Derry v Galway AISF Sat 9th July 5.30pm Croke Park

Started by screenexile, June 26, 2022, 07:50:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Loughshore2022

If anyone here likes to collect memorabilia and miss paper tickets just print out the ticket on Kodak photo paper. You would need to crop out the stuff at the bottom. That is what I do, it just looks like a proper ticket. I still use the phone ticket for entry though.

A lot of music fans hate mobile tickets, there is even a few sites that create paper tickets for collectors now. Stubforge for example.

Loughshore2022

I can remember Heron at school but I don't know what he was like.
I remember I used to avoid anyone carrying Ballinascreen bags as you knew they were going to hassle you in some way. I won't name any names though, I can't remember one of their surnames anyway.

Rossfan

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

weareros

Intriguing game. Two of the best and most versatile forwards in Ireland in Walsh and McGuigan. I think both teams will sit back, play cagey, hope to score on counter, but that would be worse for Derry because I feel Galway have more players that can pick off long points in that defensive type of game. Both teams have had a tougher route in that Derry beat 3 division 1 teams and Galway beat 2 plus 1 new promoted team (not that we were any great shakes). But well earned spots. I'll sit on the fence a bit more on this one before I enter predictions.

Throw It Up Ref

Quote from: weareros on July 06, 2022, 01:45:25 PM
Intriguing game. Two of the best and most versatile forwards in Ireland in Walsh and McGuigan. I think both teams will sit back, play cagey, hope to score on counter, but that would be worse for Derry because I feel Galway have more players that can pick off long points in that defensive type of game. Both teams have had a tougher route in that Derry beat 3 division 1 teams and Galway beat 2 plus 1 new promoted team (not that we were any great shakes). But well earned spots. I'll sit on the fence a bit more on this one before I enter predictions.

If Galway come out and try to play they're normal game and take risks, Derry could take them for 10 points. I don't mean that Derry are a far superior team but they will punish any team that coughs up possession. Wouldn't be surprised to see a really cage 50 minutes or so.

oakleaflad

I see the 3 guys on The Football Pod all went for Galway. It's an interesting one, neither side are close to perfect and a lot of variables go into it. Just think Galway's scoring power will give them the edge. I hope i'm wrong.

Mario

Quote from: oakleaflad on July 06, 2022, 01:57:33 PM
I see the 3 guys on The Football Pod all went for Galway. It's an interesting one, neither side are close to perfect and a lot of variables go into it. Just think Galway's scoring power will give them the edge. I hope i'm wrong.
The 2 lads on the BBC tipped Derry, maybe a north/south divide. I find a lot of these southern pundits can only talk about Derry's system and Gallagher and don't actually know any of the players outside of Glass, McGuigan, McKaigue and Rogers.

galwayman

Quote from: Mario on July 06, 2022, 02:52:17 PM
The 2 lads on the BBC tipped Derry, maybe a north/south divide. I find a lot of these southern pundits can only talk about Derry's system and Gallagher and don't actually know any of the players outside of Glass, McGuigan, McKaigue and Rogers.
They don't know much about our lads either outside of Walsh, Comer or Conroy to be honest. Most of he pundits know little about teams outside of the top 4 3/4 teams.
I heard it said this year recently about how we have lads like Michael Daly to come in etc. He hasn't been in the squad since 2020 like.

Wildweasel74

I take Derry to beat them if Galway try play the same Game plan as, Armagh. Derry better than alot of people think.

bennydorano

I would like to see Derry win but think Galway will win, I also think Kerry will take care of Dublin fairly handily tbh.

Mario

Quote from: galwayman on July 06, 2022, 04:33:10 PM
Quote from: Mario on July 06, 2022, 02:52:17 PM
They don't know much about our lads either outside of Walsh, Comer or Conroy to be honest. Most of he pundits know little about teams outside of the top 4 3/4 teams.
I heard it said this year recently about how we have lads like Michael Daly to come in etc. He hasn't been in the squad since 2020 like.
Yeah that's true, reflected by the fact most podcasts are spending twice as much time talking about the other semi

Cunny Funt

How much Rory Gallagher has learnt from his last two games against Galway will be a likely decider. Last spring in the league and a few years ago as Donegal manager in the round 4 qualifier his sides conceded a whopping 8-28 as they were destroyed on the kick outs and turn overs

If Derry bring the required intensity and aggression into this match I'd expect this match to be decided on fine margins if not Galway to win by a bit to spare.

On another note i watched back on the 1998 Derry v Galway All-Ireland semi final the other night. How bad was Joe Brolly? Seen better performances from Junior B club players after a feed of drink. Joe was eventually subbed off on 45 minutes yapping away to himself.