Kerry v Mayo - Super 8s Round 1

Started by Mayo4Sam14, July 07, 2019, 10:23:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Farrandeelin

Shouldn't have gone to a replay either.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Lar Naparka

Quote from: Farrandeelin on July 11, 2019, 04:43:14 PM
Shouldn't have gone to a replay either.
Yeah and I kinda blame the manager for that.  Maybe not for the drawn game but certainly for the replay. Donaghy. Even without Leeroy Mayo were in control up till Donaghy was brought on. It became very obvious that he had the beating of Caff in the air. I couldn't believe it when I saw Caff was going to be left on Donaghy for the replay and Donaghy went to town on him.
Caff can't be blamed for that as he was left isolated and Jamesy O'D was allowed to pick up the breaking balls Donaghy directed to him. Again, he was left on his own- not even a sweeper to contest any breaking balls.
Horan was always bang on on most things but he had at least one fatal flaw and I hope it doesn't return to haunt us on Sunday. He could be extremely reluctant to make changes when things were obviously going wrong on the field and this game was one of those times.
I can't recall this happening since he returned and I just hope it don't happen again on Sunday.
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

Whishtup

I'll go for Kerry all day long.  Mayo shcraping past tier2, tier3 teams until now, much like last year before Kildare match.  Kerry will be angered by the league final and the crowd will be like a 16th man.  Would be better for the group to tee up a Mayo/Donegal finale (assuming Meath don't pull off a few shocks).  Game of the qualifiers.

weareros

I was just thinking isn't it interesting that the Kerry, Mayo, Donegal And Meath group is the green and something group, the super greens.  It should provide an opportunity to give a good airing to the second geansai.

Ball Hopper

Quote from: weareros on July 11, 2019, 11:50:48 PM
I was just thinking isn't it interesting that the Kerry, Mayo, Donegal And Meath group is the green and something group, the super greens.  It should provide an opportunity to give a good airing to the second geansai.

Don't like the Kerry Gold geansai at all at all.

macdanger2

Quote from: Ball Hopper on July 12, 2019, 01:47:38 AM
Quote from: weareros on July 11, 2019, 11:50:48 PM

Don't like the Kerry Gold geansai at all at all.

There's some awful moaning going on about the gold jersey on the kerry forum   ;D

Farrandeelin

Quote from: Whishtup on July 11, 2019, 11:09:01 PM
I'll go for Kerry all day long.  Mayo shcraping past tier2, tier3 teams until now, much like last year before Kildare match.  Kerry will be angered by the league final and the crowd will be like a 16th man.  Would be better for the group to tee up a Mayo/Donegal finale (assuming Meath don't pull off a few shocks).  Game of the qualifiers.

Agree with the jist of what you're saying. But Galway are now tier.2 or 3?

Halfquarter

Anyone thinking of going to Killarney would want to bring their own sandwiches with them.
Had a meal there this week, rip off prices, worse than New York.

kerryforsam19

Quote from: Halfquarter on July 12, 2019, 11:13:17 AM
Anyone thinking of going to Killarney would want to bring their own sandwiches with them.
Had a meal there this week, rip off prices, worse than New York.

Nonsense you wont get better than Killarney

Cunny Funt

Quote from: Farrandeelin on July 12, 2019, 07:36:05 AM
Quote from: Whishtup on July 11, 2019, 11:09:01 PM

Agree with the jist of what you're saying. But Galway are now tier.2 or 3?

There is no tiers yet thankfully. What about Kerry "shcraping" past Cork and they were no more convincing v Clare as Mayo was v Down (similar quality teams are Down and Clare in my view)

Anger not much use if Kerry don't come up with a plan to shore up their defence and find ways to at least break even in midfield. 

Blowitupref

The Mayo team according to the Con Telegraph

David Clarke
Chris Barrett, Brendan Harrison, Keith Higgins
Lee Keegan, Colm Boyle, Stephen Coen
Aidan O'Shea, Donal Vaughan
Fionn McDonagh, Kevin McLoughlin, Jason Doherty
Cillian O'Connor, Darren Coen, James Carr.

Durcan has been ruled out with a leg injury they also say.

Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Farrandeelin

Worried about our full back line once again.

kerryforsam19

Ryan
Foley Morley Sullivan
Murphy Sherwood White
Moran O'Connor
Burns O'Shea O'Brien
Clifford Geaney Moynihan

Decent team on paper anyway

Lar Naparka

Quote from: Blowitupref on July 12, 2019, 03:09:33 PM

David Clarke

I don't think he could have done any better- he's putting the best out- that is if he doesn't start fooling around with the selection before the throw in again.
Watching Cork yesterday, I think Mayo have to be favourites today. Kerry's one game of note this summer was the one against Cork and I though t Cork really put it up to them then. If that's a reliable form line and given that Mayo have mastered Kerry twice already this year, I think Mayo should have four or five points to spare at the end.
Of course, with Mayo, you never can tell.....
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

Blowitupref

Quote from: Lar Naparka on July 14, 2019, 01:07:09 PM
Quote from: Blowitupref on July 12, 2019, 03:09:33 PM

David Clarke

I don't think he could have done any better- he's putting the best out- that is if he doesn't start fooling around with the selection before the throw in again.
Watching Cork yesterday, I think Mayo have to be favourites today. Kerry's one game of note this summer was the one against Cork and I though t Cork really put it up to them then. If that's a reliable form line and given that Mayo have mastered Kerry twice already this year, I think Mayo should have four or five points to spare at the end.
Of course, with Mayo, you never can tell.....

I think Mayo will win by 1 or 2 points goals like the league final will likely be the difference again. Something like 3-12 to 1-16.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose