All Ireland club football championships 2023/24

Started by Blowitupref, January 06, 2023, 09:18:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

square_ball

Quote from: Armagh18 on January 22, 2023, 08:01:22 PM
Was the Crokes keeper same lad that had the howler last year in final? Fairly made up for it with that save if so.

It was. I'd say he had some sleepless nights since the Kilcoo final. I'd say Kilmacud will still be on the lookout in the transfer window for a new keeper as he is still a weak link for them.

Wildweasel74

RadioGAAGAA

Quote from: Saffrongael on January 22, 2023, 07:57:30 PM
Quote from: Wildweasel74 on January 22, 2023, 07:44:16 PM
What sort of catchment area is Crokes? Know, Slaughtneil and Glen are on top of each other.

All the way to Galway, it's huge
;D ;D ;D
i usse an speelchekor

straightred

Quote from: RadioGAAGAA on January 22, 2023, 08:29:24 PM
Quote from: straightred on January 22, 2023, 08:20:38 PM
Quote from: Wildweasel74 on January 22, 2023, 07:44:16 PM
What sort of catchment area is Crokes? Know, Slaughtneil and Glen are on top of each other.

Huge - they'd have well over 100 boys in each year from maybe u8 to 12 or 13 before it starts falling off and they start to lose them

Did I read they had around 20 teams per age group? And don't actually bother with the Dublin leagues but just play in house?
No - they play all right and thats also gross exaggeration. I don't know about u12 and below as thats small sided but when it gets to 15 a side they might have 3 or 4 and then it falls back to 2 or 3 for minor. Always one of the top teams

WT4E

If you count the surrounding areas of the parish of Kilmacud who would gravitate to that club. It could be 100,000. Stillorgan, Mount Merrion, Foxrock, Leopardstown and Blackrock off the top of my head.

RandyDupree

Glen were well below par today considering their previous performances during this 2 year run. They were only kept alive by Kilmacud's awful shooting. Still could have won and will look at this as an all Ireland that was throw away. Fair play to Crokes, deserved it over the balance of play.

Can we stop with this appeal talk. What do people think would happen? There is no way the match would be replayed. The only punishment I can think off is maybe a 1 match ban to the players that didn't leave and even then it would be a stretch.

On a final note the Walsh transfer stinks. No problem with players transferring to other clubs, it's an amateur sport after all and I wouldn't expect a player to travel halfway across the country to train. But you're telling me that of all the clubs in Dublin, Walsh just so happened to settle in the catchment area of last year's beaten finalists? Sceptical.

seafoid

Quote from: WT4E on January 22, 2023, 08:45:14 PM
If you count the surrounding areas of the parish of Kilmacud who would gravitate to that club. It could be 100,000. Stillorgan, Mount Merrion, Foxrock, Leopardstown and Blackrock off the top of my head.
Roysh. How many would be GAA aficionados ?
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Wildweasel74

Does S Walsh actually live in the catchment area. On review, is that penalty not outside the square and he falls inside?

Eire90

Wildweasel74

armaghniac

Quote from: WT4E on January 22, 2023, 08:45:14 PM

These areas would be in the zone alright, but the population is a lot less than 100,000, although they still have 10 times the catchment o Kilcoo or Glen. However, they have a real committent to both huring and football, which might be true of Slaughtneil but is not true of other prominent clubs.
There are no proper catchment areas in Dublin, but Kilmacud would be bounded by Cabinteely, Olafs and Ballinteer.

Quote from: Eire90 on January 22, 2023, 09:10:46 PM
would kilmacud beat some counties.

Their hurlers would beat Louth and their footballers would beat Kilkenny.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Armagh18

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on January 22, 2023, 08:29:51 PM
No guarantee to come out of, Derry,
other teams would need to up their game big time. Kilcoo will be mad for a tear at them though.

Armagh18

Just thinking there we had a game replayed vs Laois one year because they made too many subs, Croke Park probably should be stepping in here if 17 players were on the pitch. Not that I'd be in favour.

Tubberman

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on January 22, 2023, 09:06:18 PM
Does S Walsh actually live in the catchment area. On review, is that penalty not outside the square and he falls inside?

Thought that looking at penalty on the news, but haven't watched it back.
Walsh is a student, so I'm sure someone could get him digs in the area.
It stinks tbh, he's with Hibernia college as far as I know, which is largely online, so he doesn't need to be in Dublin at all (for college anyway).
I see a Moycullen player had a cut at him on twitter as well.
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

Armagh18

The whole Walsh thing as a disgrace, absolutely stinks. Is it true he's getting big € as well?