Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

marty34

Quote from: johnnycool on April 20, 2023, 02:40:44 PM
Quote from: thewobbler on April 20, 2023, 10:06:45 AM
Quote from: Truth hurts on April 20, 2023, 09:56:01 AM
I think Laverty and Gallagher should have a pact to play their players in both. Test the Ulster council and see the consequences.

Why do GAA people have such difficulty in accepting the rules of a competition?

Similar happened Cork and Limerick U20 hurlers last year with one of the Limerick hurlers missing out on the U20 AI final as he'd played for the senior hurlers in a few games, mostly as a sub.

Croke Park aren't going to change now and TBH it's a rule I agree with.

All about equality.

Lads can play with their senior county hurling teams BUT can go out the next day/previous day and play for their U20 hurling team.

Where's the equality in that?

#wereallinittogether

#elitism

Ed Hardy

Kane
Laverty
A Doherty
Fitzpatrick
D Magill
McParland
Rooney
Poland
McEvoy
C Doherty
R Johnson
Kerr
C Doherty
Havern
Branagan

Guinness and S Johnson both on bench.

ardtole

I'm suprised Fegan isn't in the 26, unless he got injured.

Mikhailov

Quote from: Ed Hardy on April 21, 2023, 10:30:06 AM
Kane
Laverty
A Doherty
Fitzpatrick
D Magill
McParland
Rooney
Poland
McEvoy
C Doherty
R Johnson
Kerr
C Doherty
Havern
Branagan

No Odhran Murdock? Who are the 2 x C Doherty? Ceilum and who else?

SHEEDY

Quote from: Mikhailov on April 21, 2023, 10:51:21 AM
Quote from: Ed Hardy on April 21, 2023, 10:30:06 AM
Kane
Laverty
A Doherty
Fitzpatrick
D Magill
McParland
Rooney
Poland
McEvoy
C Doherty
R Johnson
Kerr
C Doherty
Havern
Branagan

No Odhran Murdock? Who are the 2 x C Doherty? Ceilum and who else?
it should be donnacha mcaleenan at no13. Odhran Murdock is obviously left out to play in u20 final
nil satis nisi optimum

Truth hurts

A very honest interview with Darren O'Hagan in todays Irish news, he pulls no punches.

urbangael

There will definitely be changes to the starting 15 named and players on the bench.  I'd be amazed if Murdock doesn't play. Down at home and Donegal is a bit of a mess... Down to win by 2.

Walter Cronc

Quote from: urbangael on April 21, 2023, 01:44:31 PM
There will definitely be changes to the starting 15 named and players on the bench.  I'd be amazed if Murdock doesn't play. Down at home and Donegal is a bit of a mess... Down to win by 2.

Is the new rule not - if not named in the 26 you can't play? How good is he? Looks very powerful.

SHEEDY

Quote from: Walter Cronc on April 21, 2023, 03:10:16 PM

Is the new rule not - if not named in the 26 you can't play? How good is he? Looks very powerful.
you can make changes to the named starting team but not to the 26.

Murdock is a very good player, loads of potential to be even better than he already is, was one of Down's best players throughout the league and would have definitely featured if not for the u20 final, very unfair on players to have these competitions clashing and having to miss out on one
nil satis nisi optimum

Walter Cronc

Quote from: SHEEDY on April 21, 2023, 03:42:30 PM

Murdock is a very good player, loads of potential to be even better than he already is, was one of Down's best players throughout the league and would have definitely featured if not for the u20 final, very unfair on players to have these competitions clashing and having to miss out on one

Jeez thats mad. So you can change starters but not subs! Only in the GAA

5times5times

Who was O'Hagan referring to when throwing digs about a podcast?

stiff breeze

Quote from: 5times5times on April 21, 2023, 04:29:05 PM
Who was O'Hagan referring to when throwing digs about a podcast?
Mooney

SHEEDY

Quote from: Walter Cronc on April 21, 2023, 03:51:24 PM
Quote from: SHEEDY on April 21, 2023, 03:42:30 PM

Jeez thats mad. So you can change starters but not subs! Only in the GAA
i mean some of the subs named on the 26 can start on the first 15 but nobody outside the 26 can come in except in exceptional circumstances
nil satis nisi optimum

ardtole

I wonder how far the exceptional circumstances can stretch too.

Mourne Red

Couple of hammerings handed out tonight