Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Truth hurts

I just seen the Kingdom have a notice up on FB that the u20 B final is off due to the CCC stopping it. Whats going on there?

MajorShields26

Has burren management been sorted yet? Was a lot of buzz about it few weeks ago and heard a lot but seems to all have gone quiet? Players need clarity this time of year. Any updates!

Godsown

Just because you haven't heard doesn't mean the players haven't been told. You are sounding like Stephen Nolan being ignored by the Shinners

Truth hurts

Quote from: MajorShields26 on November 11, 2022, 10:07:07 AM
Has burren management been sorted yet? Was a lot of buzz about it few weeks ago and heard a lot but seems to all have gone quiet? Players need clarity this time of year. Any updates!

McCorry and Adams back for next season, notice on Burren facebook page and all.

snoopdog

Quote from: ardtole on November 10, 2022, 10:45:12 PM
They are for div 1 & 2, but I couldn't find div 3 fixtures. That's not to say they haven't been drawn, I'd assume they are. Promotion of league fixtures is minimal at best.
Yep I saw div 1and 2. Couldn't see 3 anywhere. 

manwithnoplan

Quote from: supersub on November 11, 2022, 12:44:30 AM
Quote from: manwithnoplan on November 07, 2022, 05:11:46 PM
Quote from: Truth hurts on November 07, 2022, 10:50:02 AM
I just heard that Jerome will take the sideline at the weekend. How will that go down will the Kilcoo people I wonder. He has gave great service to Kilcoo so I think he has earned the respect there but he is plotting the downfall of his own family and club. It must be hard on him.

That comes with the territory of managing another club. Many county managers do the same every year too. And I assume he isn't doing it for free either, why would he not be expected to be on the sideline?

Not even close to being the same as county management,  not even close.

Same principal. If you think you might face a team and you won't want to be involved in that game, don't take the job.

Nanderson

Quote from: Truth hurts on November 11, 2022, 09:25:04 AM
I just seen the Kingdom have a notice up on FB that the u20 B final is off due to the CCC stopping it. Whats going on there?
Annaclone lodged an appeal that Ballyholland played ineligible player in their semi final

Truth hurts

Quote from: Nanderson on November 11, 2022, 01:49:27 PM
Annaclone lodged an appeal that Ballyholland played ineligible player in their semi final

Have no sympathy for clubs who play ineligible players in this day and age, if they have played an ineligible player then bye bye Ballyholland.

Though nothing will eclipse Tullylish bringing in the ringer for Banbridge a few years  ago in an underage division D or E final. The ringer scored a load v St Johns and Tullylish never put your man who scored everything in the team photo.
The coaches who tried that should have been banned for life for pure stupidity LOL

Johnnysboys

[/quote]
[/quote]

Has Ballyholland merged with someone? Surely a club wudnt pick one of their own players that was either overage or underage.....

Nanderson

Quote from: Johnnysboys on November 11, 2022, 03:53:51 PM

[/quote]

Has Ballyholland merged with someone? Surely a club wudnt pick one of their own players that was either overage or underage.....
[/quote]
Was underage player from their own club

Truth hurts

A 2 week suspension for player
An 8 week suspension for the head coach of the coach

Ballyholland should have more sense than this.

Lecale Gael

Quote from: Truth hurts on November 11, 2022, 02:33:16 PM
Quote from: Nanderson on November 11, 2022, 01:49:27 PM

Have no sympathy for clubs who play ineligible players in this day and age, if they have played an ineligible player then bye bye Ballyholland.

Though nothing will eclipse Tullylish bringing in the ringer for Banbridge a few years  ago in an underage division D or E final. The ringer scored a load v St Johns and Tullylish never put your man who scored everything in the team photo.
The coaches who tried that should have been banned for life for pure stupidity LOL

That was last season
2016 Prediction Competition 3rd place :)

Smurfy123

Annaclone who have lodged the compliant now seem to have played underage players in the group stages
What a mess.
Just give the trophy to A R

supersub

Quote from: manwithnoplan on November 11, 2022, 01:38:42 PM
Quote from: supersub on November 11, 2022, 12:44:30 AM
Quote from: manwithnoplan on November 07, 2022, 05:11:46 PM
Quote from: Truth hurts on November 07, 2022, 10:50:02 AM
I just heard that Jerome will take the sideline at the weekend. How will that go down will the Kilcoo people I wonder. He has gave great service to Kilcoo so I think he has earned the respect there but he is plotting the downfall of his own family and club. It must be hard on him.

That comes with the territory of managing another club. Many county managers do the same every year too. And I assume he isn't doing it for free either, why would he not be expected to be on the sideline?

Not even close to being the same as county management,  not even close.

Same principal. If you think you might face a team and you won't want to be involved in that game, don't take the job.

It's not though. It's a unique set of circumstances. There is little to no emotion attached to county management compared to this. Not sure there would have ever been a County Manager managing against his own sons. There's a difference between managing against your own county and managing against your own family.

terrifictommy

Smurfy, I'm sure your info is wrong.