Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Johnnysboys

Think work commitments was the issue, Gilmore is in with u20s as well so will be getting a good experience

I have heard a lot of clubs are struggling to fill roles for next season.
[/quote]

Are they struggling though or just wanting too much from individuals. One club in particular has held interviews over two weeks ago but still has to let candidates know if they were successful or not - that's not on. Sometimes clubs are their own worst enemies.

Just delighted we have our men sorted and are ready to get going again.

Kong King

Quote from: Truth hurts on November 09, 2022, 11:21:12 AM
Quote from: SticksandStones on November 09, 2022, 10:02:38 AM
I see Mulholland isn't listed with the CPN management. Could he be returning to the Harps?

Think work commitments was the issue, Gilmore is in with u20s as well so will be getting a good experience

Who are they

Truth hurts

Quote from: Kong King on November 10, 2022, 07:53:16 AM
Quote from: Truth hurts on November 09, 2022, 11:21:12 AM
Quote from: SticksandStones on November 09, 2022, 10:02:38 AM
I see Mulholland isn't listed with the CPN management. Could he be returning to the Harps?

Who are they

Bryansford and Castlewellan probably the two biggest. Though I hear John Clarke could be in the frame for the Town job.

Truth hurts

Hearing of a big name appointment in Ballyholland, The Wobbler is this true?

MATTSARACEN

Clear eyes, full hearts, can't lose

smort

What are they saying in the cafés?

charlieTully

Truth hurts

A reliable South Down Gael has informed me that Mickey Walsh will manage Ballyholland in 2023.

Truth Hurts , UTV live , Urban Cafe Castlewellan

redandblackareback

Quote from: Truth hurts on November 10, 2022, 04:13:03 PM
A reliable South Down Gael has informed me that Mickey Walsh will manage Ballyholland in 2023.

Truth Hurts , UTV live , Urban Cafe Castlewellan
This is a good appointment, the Harps have a lot of young talent and Walsh seems to work well with young talent.

We have our first challenge game arranged, we play Leitrim in the next few weeks, will be good to get off to a winning start and build a bit of confidence before the McKenna Cup.

snoopdog

Are the National league fixtures out yet for 2023.

ardtole

They are for div 1 & 2, but I couldn't find div 3 fixtures. That's not to say they haven't been drawn, I'd assume they are. Promotion of league fixtures is minimal at best.

supersub

Quote from: manwithnoplan on November 07, 2022, 05:11:46 PM
Quote from: Truth hurts on November 07, 2022, 10:50:02 AM
I just heard that Jerome will take the sideline at the weekend. How will that go down will the Kilcoo people I wonder. He has gave great service to Kilcoo so I think he has earned the respect there but he is plotting the downfall of his own family and club. It must be hard on him.

That comes with the territory of managing another club. Many county managers do the same every year too. And I assume he isn't doing it for free either, why would he not be expected to be on the sideline?

Not even close to being the same as county management,  not even close.

terrifictommy

Is there a senior panel listed already? I thought there was a rule about training in November and December?

Lecale Gael

Quote from: terrifictommy on November 11, 2022, 08:06:01 AM
Is there a senior panel listed already? I thought there was a rule about training in November and December?

Near sure that's not applicable to trialling players but stand to be corrected
2016 Prediction Competition 3rd place :)

Truth hurts

evry county in Ireland is doing some sort of training now, if you are not then your in the wrong sport.

Sure clubs are meeting in prep for next year and a few are doing gym programmes already.