Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

one day

When did he take up the post?

The Down Way

It's as simple as this. You either accept the abject failure as delivered by Chucky Ned or you don't.
It's all well and good saying he has the interests of Down at heart and he is doing his best, but his best is nowhere near good enough. He may well have the interests of Down at heart, but it has been shown time and again that he is an abject failure. His tenure as a paid administrator of Down GAA had been nothing short of a disaster and he even had the gall to complain that we didn't have enough volunteers and those volunteers weren't doing enough. Maybe he volunteers his salary to Club Down on the quiet, but I somehow doubt that very much. He is a self serving fool, who has surrounded himself with nodding dogs. His time and their time has come. #SackChuckyNed

one day

Don't think anyone accepts failure, or is saying he's totally blameless either.
He does get paid from 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday but I think you know he works before and after those times stated therefore he is a volunteer also. It's just it seems he is an easy scapegoat for all things that are wrong within the County and there are plenty of them. Starting within the Clubs of the County. There wasn't many praising him in 2010 when we should and could of won an All Ireland. I'm not saying things don't need to change but if you put all your blame on one person nothing will ever change. I would like to think you are pretty active in trying to change things?

Mourne Rover

Is it not the case that the funding for and therefore the control of all appointments as county secretary lies with the Ulster council ? Perhaps  some posters with knowledge of Armagh affairs could explain the circumstances in which our neighbours apparently  dispensed with a full-time paid post as county secretary and reverted to a part-time arrangement with the support of a committee. Given the upheaval which followed our defeat at Wexford last year, it will be fascinating to follow developments at the next meeting of our own county board.

imagine

Does any of the posters on here go to County Board or have any influence on whoever goes from their Club?Are we at rock bottom or do we move next Spring to Div 3v

snoopdog

Looking at the teams in div 2 for league can anyone see us beating Galway Cork Meath Derry Fermanagh . I can't not with the current set up.
What was happening in training since January in the 1st half they couldn't string a pass together. 

5 Sams

Despite what happened yesterday the personal abuse of people on here is a disgrace. I wonder would the perpetrators stand face to face with the people they are abusing and have it out with them. Along with fellow club members I have had my (major) differences with the county secretary and county chairman but had the balls to sit down with them and sort it out. We didn't hide behind a keyboard and take snide potshots. Disgraceful behaviour from some people on here.
The Aristocrat Years

one day

cut the crap

The problem is a very basic one, we have a county secretary who has a say in everything that happens in Down football, be it finance, coaching and management appointments , and every one of these has been an absolute failure.
And yet there are a few nodding dogs who still come on hear to defend him, I am of the opinion that an open meeting be called while the memory is still raw.
If your not afraid of the questions and repercussions Sean og call the meeting because I for one will be there and Cahill Devenny and co will not keep me quiet.

Smurfy123

Where else would you get it?

Who is the backroom team that we have?

Tyrone have Devlin Donnelly and we have a Rugby man?

It's a disgrace

SHEEDY

If it's personal abuse to say the county executive and highly paid secretary are inept then you should contact 99% of down supporters because everyone is saying the same. Years of mismanagement, years of ineptitude. Down are years behind the top teams in Ulster never mind Ireland. Everyone knows the stories of people and companies not being paid, we are complete laughing stock. These are the same people that overseen the burrenbridge fiasco!!! :(
nil satis nisi optimum

Hedgehunter

While there are major problems within Down circles, these problems aren't just limited to Down.. Counties all over the country are suffering from the same issues in my opinion. The main problem is the PROFESSIONAL INTERCOUNTY SCENE. Counties are suffering from withdrawals of Top talent all over the place. What is expected of players nowadays is rediculous. You have professional people with families etc and are expected to train like professional sportsmen for 6-9 months for what? A few games a year? Burst your bloody ass for 3,4,5 meaningful games a year... It's just not on.. As most can see the standard in county football has been on a steep decline for years and it's starting to show in the stands. There is no enjoyment in it anymore, from a player and a spectators point of view bar the odd few. This needs to be rectified at central council level. What do players enjoy most?? Playing matches. If I had my way I'd like to see all counties limited to 6 hours per week with players and absolutely no starred fixtures.  Players can train at a amateur level which is what they are amateurs,then have a competitive game of football at the weekend which is what a Gaelic football lives for. This way I believe you would get your full pick of players without the professional demands of them and more importantly back enjoying the game like they should.

The Down Way

Disgraceful behaviour?

The only disgrace here is that these clowns are allowed to stay in these positions. I have made my feelings known to him on a number of occasions and I can assure you I am not alone in that regard.

These jobs seem to be a job for life, the same old faces sharing the same positions, while they are only nodding dogs for Sean og. Yes we have a new chairman, fat lot of good that did. Nothing has changed.

If nothing else the current position in down shows a distinct lack of ambition, at all levels and while I am not saying I am the man to take Down forward I can guarantee you that I will remove him from his position. Where else would you get it, a guaranteed income, while being totally unaccountable.

If Sean og wants to bring this all out in public then let's get it on, let's invite the public, the supporters club, club down, Jim McCorry, Shane Mulholland, the whole shebang. Maybe someone will have the decency to ring Marty Clarke as well. While we are at it why not ask Jim Wells, the planning office and that black hole in our finances that is Burrenbridge. Paddy Kielty can host the event, he did such a wonderful job at the 2010 banquet, sure it's hard to beat a bit of casual racism while we are at it.
Will the Canal Court still have us, I know I'm welcome there, not sure Sean og still is.

AS

Quote from: The Down Way on June 26, 2016, 10:57:40 PM
Disgraceful behaviour?

The only disgrace here is that these clowns are allowed to stay in these positions. I have made my feelings known to him on a number of occasions and I can assure you I am not alone in that regard.

These jobs seem to be a job for life, the same old faces sharing the same positions, while they are only nodding dogs for Sean og. Yes we have a new chairman, fat lot of good that did. Nothing has changed.

If nothing else the current position in down shows a distinct lack of ambition, at all levels and while I am not saying I am the man to take Down forward I can guarantee you that I will remove him from his position. Where else would you get it, a guaranteed income, while being totally unaccountable.

If Sean og wants to bring this all out in public then let's get it on, let's invite the public, the supporters club, club down, Jim McCorry, Shane Mulholland, the whole shebang. Maybe someone will have the decency to ring Marty Clarke as well. While we are at it why not ask Jim Wells, the planning office and that black hole in our finances that is Burrenbridge. Paddy Kielty can host the event, he did such a wonderful job at the 2010 banquet, sure it's hard to beat a bit of casual racism while we are at it.
Will the Canal Court still have us, I know I'm welcome there, not sure Sean og still is.
So you guarantee you are going to sort this all out!Let's start it all off by naming yourself as you seem to have named everyone who'll be at this public event except yourself.Name please or keep quiet.

The Down Way

Quote from: AS on June 26, 2016, 11:04:14 PM
Quote from: The Down Way on June 26, 2016, 10:57:40 PM
Disgraceful behaviour?

So you guarantee you are going to sort this all out!Let's start it all off by naming yourself as you seem to have named everyone who'll be at this public event except yourself.Name please or keep quiet.

The only guarantee that I am giving is that Sean og will be out of a job in the not too distant future.