USFC Semi-Final Armagh v Monaghan Saturday 28th June 7pm

Started by Agent Orange, June 15, 2014, 03:40:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Agent Orange

Two good footballing teams, none of your oul pulling and dragging that you get with Tyrone. Should be a cracker.

Armaghgeddon

Looking forward to it...might have to book a little trip over.

Agent Orange

Game is scheduled for Clones on Saturday 28th at 7pm according to the Ulster Council.

Throw ball

To be fair I would rather have met Tyrone. We will be serious underdogs. It will be tough and we will need a fair share of luck to progress.

Main Street

I don't know why Clones is the venue, it should be a neutral venue, Casement or Healy pk.

Good to have earned the right the hard way, to be in the sf with Armagh. Regardless of what lesser mortals say, it will be a competitive (51-49) game.

Main Street

Monaghan are the Dubs of the north ...... without the money.

T Fearon

Remember the last championship meeting in Clones between Armagh and Monaghan on a Saturday night. Brolly is a tool banner and a dire match we were nearly happy to lose in 09!

Schkite

Quote from: T Fearon on June 15, 2014, 05:13:01 PM
Remember the last championship meeting in Clones between Armagh and Monaghan on a Saturday night. Brolly is a tool banner and a dire match we were nearly happy to lose in 09!

Jesus that was tough viewing!

ardchieftain

Was strange watching the end of the match there. I wanted tyrone to lose but didn't want Armagh to be playing Monaghan. This game will show us where we stand in terms of progression. A heroic defeat will be the most likely outcome but one can always hope. A trouncing, on the other hand will be an absolute disaster.

Sandy Hill

Quote from: ardchieftain on June 15, 2014, 05:52:41 PM
Was strange watching the end of the match there. I wanted tyrone to lose but didn't want Armagh to be playing Monaghan. This game will show us where we stand in terms of progression. A heroic defeat will be the most likely outcome but one can always hope. A trouncing, on the other hand will be an absolute disaster.

+1

I dread to think what could happen if the suspensions of B Donaghy, A Mallon and K Toner stand!
"Stercus accidit"

Main Street

Quote from: Sandy Hill on June 15, 2014, 06:54:18 PM
Quote from: ardchieftain on June 15, 2014, 05:52:41 PM

+1

I dread to think what could happen if the suspensions of B Donaghy, A Mallon and K Toner stand!
Do what Derry did all those years ago, get Brolly in on the appeal. By the end of it, the CCCC will be offering an apology to Armagh GAA for any inconvenience caused by the wrongful suspensions and 3 halos will be in the post.

Maguire01

Quote from: Main Street on June 15, 2014, 04:17:36 PM
I don't know why Clones is the venue, it should be a neutral venue, Casement or Healy pk.
Isn't Casement closed and in a state of demolition?
I'd have no issue with Omagh or Cavan, although Armagh are well used to playing in Clones too (maybe not some of the younger players).

babarino

Quote from: Schkite on June 15, 2014, 05:18:12 PM

A painful experience. The football was dire.

Don't think it'll be the same again. Clones of a Saturday night. G'wan ye boy ye.

Schkite

Quote from: babarino on June 15, 2014, 10:37:09 PM
Quote from: Schkite on June 15, 2014, 05:18:12 PM

A painful experience. The football was dire.

Don't think it'll be the same again. Clones of a Saturday night. G'wan ye boy ye.

It'll be Sky's first taste of Ulster football I believe, let's hope for a better standard than that night or they'll not be back for more!