Death Notices

Started by Armagh4SamAgain, April 05, 2007, 03:25:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cunny Funt

What a legacy he leaves behind, a true sporting icon.

Sandy Hill

"Stercus accidit"

mrdeeds

Vivienne Westwood too.

From the Bunker

Quote from: gawa316 on December 29, 2022, 06:59:30 PM
Hearing Pele has died

His greatness can be measured by the amount of media coverage his passing has received.

Armagh18

Been waiting to see this one posted since early on in the world cup and hearing he had moved to end of life care. Absolute icon, the first superstar of the sport and the face of the game for so many. May he rest in peace.

WT4E

Patrick Rogers a young man who leaves behind a wife and 4 young children. He lived in my community. An awful tragedy! a go fund me page has been set up to help this family. Please donate and share if you can find it in your heart. This board is full of decent people.

https://www.gofundme.com/f/funeral-costsanything-shannon-may-need

Capt Pat

Targetman

Former Celtic great Frank Mc Garvey, 66. Brilliant header in the 85 Cup Final

Tatler Jack

Peter Pringle - father of Thomas Pringle TD. Was convicted of the killing of Gardaí Henry Byrne and John Morley and sentenced to death.  The conviction was later quashed.

https://www.irishtimes.com/crime-law/2023/01/01/peter-pringle-whose-convictions-for-murdering-two-gardai-in-1980-were-quashed-has-died/

Godsown

Barry Lane, former Ryder Cup player from the Sam Torrance era. 62 years old

Hereiam

Ken Block......Loved his YouTube rally vids. RIP

theskull1

Journalist Brian Hutton {46} died suddenly on NYE
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

GJL

Quote from: Hereiam on January 03, 2023, 09:58:42 AM
Ken Block......Loved his YouTube rally vids. RIP

Gutted about this one. He mastered the mix of motorsport and show business. RIP.

mrdeeds

Luca Vialli I see. RIP.

illdecide

Quote from: mrdeeds on January 06, 2023, 09:40:17 AM
Luca Vialli I see. RIP.

Former Chelsea striker and manager Gianluca Vialli has died at the age 58.

Vialli was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer in 2017 but after saying in April 2020 that he had been given the all-clear, he was re-diagnosed in 2021.

He announced a temporary leave from his role with Italy's national team in December to focus on his health.

Vialli played 59 times for Italy and won the Champions League with Juventus before joining Chelsea in 1996 and becoming player-manager in 1998.

He had joined Juventus in 1992 for a then world record £12m after winning the Serie A title and the European Cup Winners' Cup during eight seasons with Sampdoria.

Vialli was the first Italian to manage a Premier League side, taking over from the sacked Ruud Gullit late in the season, and went on to lead the Blues to victory in the League Cup, Uefa Cup Winners' Cup and Uefa Super Cup.

He also guided Chelsea to victory in the 2000 FA Cup final and Charity Shield but was sacked early in the following season after a poor start.

The striker also had a short spell at Watford, then in the second tier, during the 2001-02 season but was dismissed after the Hornets only finished 14th.
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch