angermanagement

Staying at odd numbers for this season.

barnish oggie

Quote from: angermanagement on February 06, 2023, 09:21:18 PM

And move to even next year?

Was that discussed?

Milltown Row2

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Sportacus

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 06, 2023, 09:44:03 PM
Quote from: barnish oggie on February 06, 2023, 09:37:15 PM

Was that discussed?

Yes
Well I hope all three options were thoroughly debated because a lot of young lads underage careers have just been cut short tonight, which is a sad outcome in my opinion.  For many, they'll probably just pack it in now. 

realisticsaff

Well I hope all three options were thoroughly debated
[/quote]

I think we all know the answer to that

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Sportacus on February 06, 2023, 10:41:20 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 06, 2023, 09:44:03 PM
Quote from: barnish oggie on February 06, 2023, 09:37:15 PM

Was that discussed?

Yes
Well I hope all three options were thoroughly debated because a lot of young lads underage careers have just been cut short tonight, which is a sad outcome in my opinion.  For many, they'll probably just pack it in now.

Should never have been changed in the first place.. I've never seen the actual benefits of changing it.

Moving from under 17 to senior is a big step nowadays
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

delgany

Quote from: realisticsaff on February 06, 2023, 10:46:01 PM

[/quote]

The Chair & Secretary basically denied the existence of  option 3. Ten minutes later, the Central Council delegate ( think hes Terry Reilly) informed county committee that option 3 was on the table ! Christ Almight ! Think he-'ll be next chair !
Also some confusion about  Reserve Football fixtures being played on a Sunday. You couldnt make it up tbh !!!

realisticsaff

Quote from: delgany on February 06, 2023, 11:00:55 PM
Quote from: realisticsaff on February 06, 2023, 10:46:01 PM

The Chair & Secretary basically denied the existence of  option 3. Ten minutes later, the Central Council delegate ( think hes Terry Reilly) informed county committee that option 3 was on the table ! Christ Almight ! Think he-'ll be next chair !
Also some confusion about  Reserve Football fixtures being played on a Sunday. You couldnt make it up tbh !!!
[/quote]

With Antrims board you probably could

shawshank

Cahair O Kane reporting on twitter

' Armagh go back to U18s with immediate effect. Antrim clubs
have voted to remain at U17 for this year, reverting to U18 next year. Clubs in Antrim chose in the end not to include option 3, allowing 18-year-olds to play adult, as part of the final vote.'

If there's a stupid way of doing something Antrim will find it. At odds with the vast gaa opinion on this matter

Milltown Row2

What grades will be played on which days?

delgany

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 06, 2023, 11:13:43 PM
What grades will be played on which days?
Well based on tonight from top table -  minor, reserve and senior are on a Sunday in football and hurling ( hopefully on alternate weeks)

realisticsaff

So any kid who turned 17 last year might aswell pack it in then? Depressing really

EOC1923

Suppose you had to be there to hear the ins and outs of it, hard to fathom how Armagh are able to do change back and not decouple an 18 year old from senior football yet we can't find a way. Other counties just seem so much better at everything than us.