Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JimStynes

I was reading that Limerick or somewhere isn't going to bother changing as it would take that long drawing up a new fixture list etc. Surely it is too rush now to start that process from next week and have it all set up and ready to go for a few weeks later.

delgany

Quote from: JimStynes on February 02, 2023, 09:16:40 PM
I was reading that Limerick or somewhere isn't going to bother changing as it would take that long drawing up a new fixture list etc. Surely it is too rush now to start that process from next week and have it all set up and ready to go for a few weeks later.

Totally agree! Leave at u17 for 2023 and move to u18 for 2024.
Would be harsh on lads , thinking theyve moved up to senior level to now be told , go back to underage !

north aontroim gael

Quote from: delgany on February 02, 2023, 09:51:34 PM
Quote from: JimStynes on February 02, 2023, 09:16:40 PM

Totally agree! Leave at u17 for 2023 and move to u18 for 2024.
Would be harsh on lads , thinking theyve moved up to senior level to now be told , go back to underage !

I think it's harsher sending a lad just turned 18 into Senior. Another year developing do them no harm. Under 17 has been the biggest nonsense

johnnycool

Three options on the table;;

National Policy on Club Age Grades
1. Maintain the core club championship age grades nationally at club level as U13/15/17 with decoupling nationally remaining at U17. At least one further age grade (as suits the particular needs of the County) should be organized between U17 and Adult in this circumstance.

2. A county that wishes to organize competitions at even age grades only (12/14/16/18) may do so provided they adopt an internal bye law to decouple at U18 (i.e. in such Counties U18's would not be permitted to playing Adult competition). At least one further age grade (as suits the particular needs of the County) should be organized between U18 and Adult in this circumstance.

3. Alternatively, a county that wishes to organize competitions at even age grades only (12/14/16/18) may do so, and retain decoupling at 17 with at least one further age grade (as suits the particular needs of the County) being organized between U18 and Adult. Players in their 18th year will only be allowed to play for or train with Adult teams post March 1st and once the signed consent of the player, their parents/guardians and the Club Executive has been provided. The Task Force also recommends that no player should have to play an Adult and U18 game within 60 hours of each other and request County CCC's to adhere to this policy.

In relation to Part 3 of the policy, it is envisaged that permission would be sought on a standard Association form (possibly digitally under the new Foireann system).The form would require to be submitted in the period from March 1st - April 1St and would essentially mean that a plyer in his 18th year would be ineligible for adult competition until post March 1st annually (i.e. until the school games programme is winding down).The form will alert those involved to the risks around burnout/overtraining/overuse injuries for players in their 18th year playing with and training for multiple teams across the Youth and Adult games programmes.

Lár na páirce 1

Option three wasn't an option for Antrim clubs it seems that has been left out.

EOC1923

Quote from: johnnycool on February 03, 2023, 09:49:36 AM

1. Maintain the core club championship age grades nationally at club level as U13/15/17 with decoupling nationally remaining at U17. At least one further age grade (as suits the particular needs of the County) should be organized between U17 and Adult in this circumstance.

2. A county that wishes to organize competitions at even age grades only (12/14/16/18) may do so provided they adopt an internal bye law to decouple at U18 (i.e. in such Counties U18's would not be permitted to playing Adult competition). At least one further age grade (as suits the particular needs of the County) should be organized between U18 and Adult in this circumstance.

3. Alternatively, a county that wishes to organize competitions at even age grades only (12/14/16/18) may do so, and retain decoupling at 17 with at least one further age grade (as suits the particular needs of the County) being organized between U18 and Adult. Players in their 18th year will only be allowed to play for or train with Adult teams post March 1st and once the signed consent of the player, their parents/guardians and the Club Executive has been provided. The Task Force also recommends that no player should have to play an Adult and U18 game within 60 hours of each other and request County CCC's to adhere to this policy.

In relation to Part 3 of the policy, it is envisaged that permission would be sought on a standard Association form (possibly digitally under the new Foireann system).The form would require to be submitted in the period from March 1st - April 1St and would essentially mean that a plyer in his 18th year would be ineligible for adult competition until post March 1st annually (i.e. until the school games programme is winding down).The form will alert those involved to the risks around burnout/overtraining/overuse injuries for players in their 18th year playing with and training for multiple teams across the Youth and Adult games programmes.
These aren't the options clubs were given

delgany

Quote from: EOC1923 on February 03, 2023, 01:39:28 PM
Quote from: johnnycool on February 03, 2023, 09:49:36 AM

These aren't the options clubs were given

Option 3 wasnt in the options BUT is actually the BEST solution for 2023!

Points a Good Score

Option 3 wasn't offered because it doesn't suit the fixture makers, they want to be able to play minor and Senior games both on Sundays.

I'd imagine this will be brought up on Monday night.

EOC1923

Quote from: Points a Good Score on February 03, 2023, 02:38:09 PM
Option 3 wasn't offered because it doesn't suit the fixture makers, they want to be able to play minor and Senior games both on Sundays.

Can't even give clubs the right options available, or is option 3 a proposal for 2024 and not available in 2023

johnnycool

Quote from: EOC1923 on February 03, 2023, 02:45:28 PM

Can't even give clubs the right options available, or is option 3 a proposal for 2024 and not available in 2023

Shared with Down clubs and is up for discussion with the CB on Wednesday night.

We'll probably go for Option 3.

EOC1923

Quote from: johnnycool on February 03, 2023, 03:58:24 PM
Quote from: EOC1923 on February 03, 2023, 02:45:28 PM

Shared with Down clubs and is up for discussion with the CB on Wednesday night.

We'll probably go for Option 3.
If changing it the 3 seems the fairest. Just a pity its so late in the day. Obviously whatever happens everyone will adapt

country bumpkin

Wonder why clubs were not advised on 'option 3" ?

Seems that Dublin have already decided to go with the same 'option 3'....

Well, well..

stiffler

Was option 3 on the table for clubs or did the county board rule it out before asking clubs to decide on how to vote ?
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

Stillwater2

Clubs only emailed the 2 options...option 3 wasn't communicated to clubs.

JimStynes

Anywhere to watch the match online?