Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: JimStynes on January 30, 2023, 10:46:09 PM
Armagh had already decided to run a minor competition and u17 competition long before Christmas. Minor isn't the issue, it's deciding it's minor 4 weeks before the season starts.

You Armagh one's always take the lead ;D
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

realisticsaff

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 30, 2023, 10:07:05 PM
Quote from: angermanagement on January 30, 2023, 10:03:41 PM
On the Tyrone club section they said it was a Croke Park only gave permission for the counties to change at the weekend. Can't blame the county board for that.

When ya have an agenda it's open season on county boards, especially when people don't know all the facts..

I dont know about other county boards but antrims has been a complete joke for a long time, McCavanas term has been a complete and utter shambles like it's not even funny the amount of things you could pin at his door. Genuinely thought we'd get a fresh slate this year but his ego means he'll be gracing us with his videos and constantly talking through his hole for a 6TH YEAR! Unbelievable

Lár na páirce 1

I take my last post back it wasn't County boards fault this time.hopefully the clubs vote to stay U17 for this year as most are already training and have planned ahead for it as such.

JimStynes

Quote from: Lár na páirce 1 on January 31, 2023, 08:37:25 AM
I take my last post back it wasn't County boards fault this time.hopefully the clubs vote to stay U17 for this year as most are already training and have planned ahead for it as such.

Complete farce to change things at this stage. And the biggest farce of the lot was changing it in the first place!

Lár na páirce 1

Quote from: JimStynes on January 31, 2023, 08:57:53 AM

Complete farce to change things at this stage. And the biggest farce of the lot was changing it in the first place!

Totally agree

barnish oggie

Clubs have all committed to which league and feile to play in this year so to change it might have an impact on the decision some clubs would have made.

I know from speaking to coach from another club near me, they are struggling to field at u15 whereas if it was u16 they would be fine.

So I would say they have made their decision based on how their u15 squad is.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: barnish oggie on January 31, 2023, 10:27:15 AM

Clubs have all committed to which league and feile to play in this year so to change it might have an impact on the decision some clubs would have made.

I know from speaking to coach from another club near me, they are struggling to field at u15 whereas if it was u16 they would be fine.

And this is what holds things up, clubs own interests, but hey, what would I know lol
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

barnish oggie

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 31, 2023, 11:13:14 AM
Quote from: barnish oggie on January 31, 2023, 10:27:15 AM

And this is what holds things up, clubs own interests, but hey, what would I know lol

Sorry you have misunderstood my point.

They aren't pushing to change and "hold things up"

The decision was already made based on them going ahead as u15, as had been the directive for not changing until Jan 2024.

It was just a passing remark that u16 would suit them better as it would be the team they had at u15 last year.

They will be going ahead with whatever they are told, u15 or u16 and they, like me, will have not much say in the matter.

i know I have been consulted by my own club as to what the preference is.

The juvenile committee will decide that on their own, rightly or wrongly.

barnish oggie

I see the replay has been announced for the club final.

Does anyone think KC will actually play it?

JimStynes

I would assume the minor league fixtures will be pushed back a month to give teams time to prepare?

paddyjohn

Quote from: JimStynes on January 31, 2023, 12:40:14 PM
I would assume the minor league fixtures will be pushed back a month to give teams time to prepare?

Starting on the 12th of Feb. 11am starts.

Would ye whist

Seriously??

Quote from: paddyjohn on January 31, 2023, 01:13:15 PM

JimStynes

Quote from: paddyjohn on January 31, 2023, 01:13:15 PM

I was told start of March.

EOC1923

If this all goes and changes do last couple of years minor winners have an asterisk beside them  :D

BrendanAntrim

Strange move by Croke Park to reopen the age grade debate, when it was settled and clubs preparing for leagues staring in a few weeks. I think moving to even numbers for this year, at this stage, is too unsettling - especially with decoupling meaning that 18 year old could not feature for senior or senior reserve teams. Presumably Feile will stick with u15, so would our county u14 champions feature if that was the case?