Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Saffrongael

Quote from: imtommygunn on Today at 09:05:45 AMYeah it's a tough game which I think Dublin should probably be favourites for ,particularly if they're at home, but I definitely think we're in with a good chance. They do tend to be a lot bigger than us but we're a much more physical team than we used to be.

Well they are very strong favourites with the bookies, about 1/4 - but I agree I think it could be close enough. O'Donoghue hasn't brought much to the table at all as Dublin manager
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

imtommygunn

No - major disappointment I would have thought though I think they were going backwards anyway but you would have thought he would have helped.

theskull1

Important to note that the element of surprise will now be gone after Wexford .... teams will not be taking them lightly (or as lightly) in the upcoming matches
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

imtommygunn

You wouldn't expect Dublin to take us for granted as we drew last year though and were on a par in the league.

johnnycool

Is there only a 1 week break after three games in Leinster?

Saffrongael

Quote from: johnnycool on Today at 04:02:18 PMIs there only a 1 week break after three games in Leinster?

Think everyone has a two week break, everyone bar Galway & Wexford have it now, they play this weekend and then have two week break. Slightly different to Munster as there are an even number of teams in Leinster
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

JonnyD_

Some notable results at club level at the weekend. the one i'm surprised the most over is with the scoreline in mckenna park. St Endas gave Ballycran a licking.

obviously cran have more than a few away with county in kerry but st endas must be going well. they've beaten ballycastle, put 1-16 on the board against cushendall and beaten cran. going well!   

imtommygunn

They were very good in the league last year too bu dropped off come championship. Maskey, if he's not away, is probably helping. They must have a few at county too.

Saffrongael

I don't think you can read anything into league results at this time of year