Casement Park in line for major overhaul - 40,000 all seater Stadium.

Started by Joxer, October 06, 2010, 02:42:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

illdecide

This has been going on for so long it's depressing...The grant money was/is for Casement and nowhere else so please stop trying to refurbish other grounds in your head, it's not happening. Casement Park or lose the money/grant. I believe (not that long ago) it was settled from a planning perspective and has the green light (can someone confirm this) to proceed. Yes the costs have risen as has every Civil Engineering project, I have been involved in several projects where they had to be re-tendered due to the time it took to get the jobs to site and the costs had spiralled out of control and Contractors simply cannot construct the project for the money it was tendered for.
Antrim need the ground, Ulster need the ground, Belfast need the ground and West Belfast need the ground so get it built. The extra millions to pay for it is chicken feed to the billions spent on the economy and the millions them useless Politicians rob of us every year for not working.
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

trailer

At this point anyone saying

"We should refurbish Clones"
"We should build a new stadium in Dungannon, Portadown, Coleraine, Derry"
"We should use the money for (Insert nonsense project)"
"The costs are too high"

Should get an automatic 4 week ban from the this site.

armaghniac

If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Wildweasel74

Last time I had involvement in large build, project sponsor needed to be at least a senior architect.

trailer

Quote from: armaghniac on December 17, 2022, 10:48:14 PM
Wonderful place, altogether
https://twitter.com/i/status/1603732155997249537

Casement Park Project Board Chairperson Tom Daly and Project Sponsor Stephen McGeehan

We're in safe hands.

JimStynes

Quote from: armaghniac on December 17, 2022, 10:48:14 PM
Wonderful place, altogether
https://twitter.com/i/status/1603732155997249537

It'll be brilliant to see a stadium of that standard in Belfast. Long overdue. Where would the nearest train station be?

JimStynes

Finaghy as well would be close enough. No worse than the dander from Connolly station to croke park. Get it built!

imtommygunn

Sure musgrave park is right beside it where st brigids play so it must be  ;D

Milltown Row2

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

LeoMc

SCFC

delgany

Quote from: LeoMc on December 19, 2022, 04:50:25 PM
Quote from: AustinPowers on December 19, 2022, 12:52:42 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on December 19, 2022, 11:05:39 AM
Balmoral.

Would it be a GAA stronghold around  there by any chance?
Would it be St Brigids territory from Balmoral to Stockmans lane?
That would be the edge of their parish, although, parish boundaries- dont stop them from acquiring from other clubs !

Milltown Row2

We won't really know but the last one I could get was this one

BARCELONA 2 BRAZIL 2, 1999

This incredible contest took place at the Nou Camp as part of Barcelona's centenary celebrations. Ronaldo put Brazil ahead on his return to Barca (he was an Inter player by this point, but had yet to sign for Real Madrid!) before Barca equalised. Barcelona's Rivaldo put Brazil 2-1 up by half-time (he was playing for his country), but the Catalans levelled things when Brazilian Sonny Anderson (who couldn't break into his national side) got the game's final goal.

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea