Pay Per Views especially Boxing

Started by RGU08, December 05, 2009, 11:13:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RGU08

Having seen the Khan result of a knockout inside 90 seconds of the 1st round, I was just wondering what the thoughts are on Pay Per Views?

I didn't purchase the Khan pay per view and I can't comment on what the other fights that were shown were like but I am assuming most people would have purchased the package to see the Khan fight.

Should there be an option in boxing pay per view that if the fight is over before a certain round people purchasing it should only be charged half the original fee?

Seems like a very expensive 90 seconds to me

The Real Laoislad

I remember getting the Wayne McCullough Prince Naseem fight on pay per view that was on in the middle of the night and fell asleep before it came on and woke up after it was over...I was raging
You'll Never Walk Alone.

gerry

God bless the hills of Dooish, be they heather-clad or lea,

Minder

Many a Tyson fight i got in the '90's and was catching Zzzz's while Iron Mike was laying down the pain.

Why Khans fight was PPV against some mug is beyond me.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Paul Mc Graths Da

Amir Khan v A N Obody is PPV but no charge for the might Pacquaio or Mayweather fight?....It's odd! I refused to pay for the fight this evening, watched it on a stream (with 60000 others!) Enough people refuse to pay and they'll have to make these fights free to air

tyrone86

Quote from: Minder on December 05, 2009, 11:27:56 PM
Many a Tyson fight i got in the '90's and was catching Zzzz's while Iron Mike was laying down the pain.

Why Khans fight was PPV against some mug is beyond me.

Because thats the way the yanks do it. And, more importantly, there's more revenue in it when there's one of 'your own' fighting. The only Khan fight I'd even consider buying would be against McCloskey and even then it'll be a toss up between that and 4 or 5 pints and watching it in the pub for free.

But it's absolutely crazy when you consider that the Manny v Cotto fight was 'free' on Sky Sports and thon farce (and the Haye fight) was on Sky Box Office.

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quote from: Paul Mc Graths Da on December 06, 2009, 12:14:55 AM
Amir Khan v A N Obody is PPV but no charge for the might Pacquaio or Mayweather fight?....It's odd! I refused to pay for the fight this evening, watched it on a stream (with 60000 others!) Enough people refuse to pay and they'll have to make these fights free to air

I think the time of the Pacquaio and Mayweather fights int he last couple of months would have been a factor in their being "free" to air. Khan being British and fighting at a reasonable time makes him a more attractive prospect.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead