Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

imtommygunn

I thought the same on the Elliot point. Nigel Elliot has been some addition for Dunloy. Instrumental on that goal too.

Sleeping giant

Great win for Dunloy,fair play to them,Nigel was outstanding!  Real pity for Crawford as he's had a super year, Dunloy forwards will cause just as many headaches to Ballyhales backs as Ballyhales will to Dunloy!  All to play for.......   Unfortunately  ;D
1983 & 2012 All Ireland Champions.

imtommygunn

Good to see some of the younger loughgiel boys get some game time today against Dublin. I think there's a good crop there which should hopefully help us.

Be interesting to see how we get on though obviously missing a lot with Dunloy players.

Milltown Row2

Both teams not at full strength but playing well .. N McKenna's score was score of half
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Milltown Row2

3-26 to 2-22

Antrim used 25 players today and still without Clarke/McCann/Johnston from injuries and obviously the Dunloy lads still to come back, so all in all not a bad performance

Dublin just always that but dominant on fielding and accuracy on frees but it's the 7th of Jan so move on to the next game, think Galway and Westmeath in the group
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Hoof Hearted

Congrats to Glenravel camogie, all ireland champions
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

keep her low this half

Quote from: Hoof Hearted on January 07, 2023, 03:51:55 PM
Congrats to Glenravel camogie, all ireland champions

Briliant achievment by the Glenravel camogs, well done to all involved at every level.

podge

What's the story with the Dunloy player playing for Antrim yesterday a fortnight before the club final?  Was he just needing game time ?

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: podge on January 08, 2023, 01:39:50 PM
What's the story with the Dunloy player playing for Antrim yesterday a fortnight before the club final?  Was he just needing game time ?

He's been playing for a London club since last year and living over there. He's moved home and I'd say he's transferred back. Probably won't be joining club panel to this final is over.
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

delgany

Quote from: north_antrim_hound on January 08, 2023, 09:42:19 PM
Quote from: podge on January 08, 2023, 01:39:50 PM

He's been playing for a London club since last year and living over there. He's moved home and I'd say he's transferred back. Probably won't be joining club panel to this final is over.

He would be ineligible to play for Dunloy in this Championship.

SaffronSports

Anyone at Dunsilly this evening? Antrim lineup available anywhere? Only updates seem to be on Armagh Twitter.

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: SaffronSports on January 09, 2023, 07:53:35 PM
Anyone at Dunsilly this evening? Antrim lineup available anywhere? Only updates seem to be on Armagh Twitter.

Yeah not long back. A lot of the new panelist's got a start. Young Mc Auley from Ballycastle at corner forward looks tasty, I think he hit 1-4 before going off. Damon mc Mullan just back from injury and looks good, the rest of the young lads did ok but need more matches to get a true account. Some Dunloy Fringe players got some hurling to. Armagh definitely have improved under Karl Mc Keegan.
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

CitySlicker11

Do you mean as in Dunloy players who won't be with the county squad after the all ireland club final, played with Antrim last night to get game time? Interesting if so.

imtommygunn

There were 3 or 4 fringe Dunloy players  - McTaggart, McKeague, McKinley and McGrath were among them. Not sure if McKinley played but McKeague started and the other two came on I think. There's a saffron gael report. Good to see the county help Dunloy a bit tbh.

Down getting beat by Queens was an interesting result though I think it was a down man scored the winning goal against them.

paddyjohn

Quote from: CitySlicker11 on January 10, 2023, 09:24:31 AM
Do you mean as in Dunloy players who won't be with the county squad after the all ireland club final, played with Antrim last night to get game time? Interesting if so.

Why?