Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

imtommygunn

Even their defense now is fantastic. Campbell and two Burkes. Yeah I agree on forwards.

I honestly agree with SG here. Dunloy weren't fantastic at all Sunday I thought. I also do think it was going to take that kind of game to beat Slaughtneil and that it will be the making of them so it doesn't matter.

Loughgiel for me are definitely on the up too. Sure they're winning nearly as many underage titles as St Brigids in the football. It'll be interesting to see how they improve over the next couple of years though it will take a lot to stop that Dunloy team.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: NAG1 on December 07, 2022, 08:59:24 AM
I'd say the difference between the Cushendall team back then or probably any team previously is a better crop of forwards for Dunloy currently. There was never an issue of developing good defences in those teams but it was forwards that maybe were somewhat lacking.

Different game now as it has developed over the past even ten years so very hard to compare across the ages.

It's taking your chances when they arrive, Loughgiel managed that and the rest is history, they don't come up as often as you think. This crop of players Dunloy have need to take their chance, and while winning 5 out of 6 championships or whatever they have done is great, but it should be 5 out of 6 chances of getting to Croke, then you have a chance.

Was heading down until being told that we are out for Sunday piss up in Belfast that Sunday!! Will have to watch in house before heading out
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

johnnycool

Quote from: Sleeping giant on December 06, 2022, 09:14:13 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 06, 2022, 07:52:34 PM
Are you saying they are too old now? So be even worse next year based on that synopsis?

I never said though it was a classic or great performance it was job done against the reigning champions for past load of years.

Getting over the line handsomely or ugly is all that matters..
No am saying they've a lot of continuous miles on the clock, that's all I said. The result is all dunloy will and should care about but it wasn't this performance that was referred too. I really forgot your not really aloud an opinion in here. I'll get back in my box lol

It wasn't an A game from Dunloy but it was never going to be, SN are superb at stifling and bullying the opposition which they've managed to do successfully the last three times.
Dunloy needed to stand up to that and during the game I think I posted that they were holding their own in the physical collisions which they indeed were so they've improved on that aspect which going into the game was being questioned by us armchair experts and having that part of their game will stand to them against St Thomas' and then a hard (but slippy) sod in Croke Park could allow them to get the forwards flowing the way they can.

I'd give them more than a decent chance against St Thomas' but only a fool would think that the eventual winners aren't coming out of the other semi-final.

If anything Ballygunner have improved but absolutely no one rights off Ballyhale in a one off championship game.

imtommygunn

I see some nonsense has started from Ballyhale with Fennelly saying they were disrespected in the winners speech by Ballyguner. Also what to watch - the world cup final or that match lol.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: johnnycool on December 07, 2022, 09:22:22 AM
Are you saying they are too old now? So be even worse next year based on that synopsis?

I never said though it was a classic or great performance it was job done against the reigning champions for past load of years.

No am saying they've a lot of continuous miles on the clock, that's all I said. The result is all dunloy will and should care about but it wasn't this performance that was referred too. I really forgot your not really aloud an opinion in here. I'll get back in my box lol

It wasn't an A game from Dunloy but it was never going to be, SN are superb at stifling and bullying the opposition which they've managed to do successfully the last three times.
Dunloy needed to stand up to that and during the game I think I posted that they were holding their own in the physical collisions which they indeed were so they've improved on that aspect which going into the game was being questioned by us armchair experts and having that part of their game will stand to them against St Thomas' and then a hard (but slippy) sod in Croke Park could allow them to get the forwards flowing the way they can.

I'd give them more than a decent chance against St Thomas' but only a fool would think that the eventual winners aren't coming out of the other semi-final.

If anything Ballygunner have improved but absolutely no one rights off Ballyhale in a one off championship game.

winner is in the Ballyhale/Ballygunner game. Slaughtneil for me were never going to win AI and a fluke goal got Dunloy over the line against them

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on December 07, 2022, 09:28:33 AM

winner is in the Ballyhale/Ballygunner game. Slaughtneil for me were never going to win AI and a fluke goal got Dunloy over the line against them

A fluke goal a great save some splendid points, well taken goal and some hard defending... Back in your box now
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 07, 2022, 09:45:00 AM

A fluke goal a great save some splendid points, well taken goal and some hard defending... Back in your box now

You are a wile angry man, my point was not a swipe at anyone.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on December 07, 2022, 09:46:12 AM

Yeah the fluke goal  ;) seems like a swipe to me  ;D

Like I said, back in your box  ;D

Put some  ;D in there in case you think I'm being angry

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 07, 2022, 09:49:00 AM

My point is. Slaughtneil we're not in my mind going whole way. After Dunloy game I've not changed my mind on that and they still could have won bar a fluke goal. Put Slaughtneil on back foot completely . I did think they would beat Dunloy

blasmere

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on December 07, 2022, 10:34:55 AM

My point is. Slaughtneil we're not in my mind going whole way. After Dunloy game I've not changed my mind on that and they still could have won bar a fluke goal. Put Slaughtneil on back foot completely . I did think they would beat Dunloy

Didn't they have almost the whole game to recover from that goal? A team of their stature. Dunloy were ready and hungry on the day, showed in the way they went again after it was level.
A sure cure for seasickness is to sit under a tree

johnnycool

Quote from: blasmere on December 07, 2022, 10:42:02 AM

Didn't they have almost the whole game to recover from that goal? A team of their stature. Dunloy were ready and hungry on the day, showed in the way they went again after it was level.

They also got back on parity for a while after that goal, but Dunloy made the substitutions to kick on, Slaughtneil couldn't respond accordingly.

Dunloy the better team irrespective of the flukey goal, but not by a whole pile and if they meet next year it would still be a 50/50 game for me.

What was the red card for near the end?

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Yeah not disagreeing, they almost did.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: johnnycool on December 07, 2022, 11:14:02 AM

They also got back on parity for a while after that goal, but Dunloy made the substitutions to kick on, Slaughtneil couldn't respond accordingly.

Dunloy the better team irrespective of the flukey goal, but not by a whole pile and if they meet next year it would still be a 50/50 game for me.

What was the red card for near the end?

They were better team, not denying that, but a flukey goal was needed to get them over line, completely freak goal. Red card for a stamp-out of order

Milltown Row2

Anything of note come out of the county convention?

Was there any motions that got passed or some put on hold?

Hopefully (for the Derry wans) the motion of banning flukey goals was passed  ;D

delgany

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 07, 2022, 02:37:34 PM
Anything of note come out of the county convention?

Was there any motions that got passed or some put on hold?

Hopefully (for the Derry wans) the motion of banning flukey goals was passed  ;D

League restructuring in football is being re considered. Whether this is for 2023 or 2024 is unclear. Ccc /CB made no motions / recommendations as to their preferred options so clubs will re convene in Jan  and probably a decision by Feb.!

U15 All County Leagues to have unlimited subs !