Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

maxpower

I thought it was an incredible performance by Dunloy

Considering - it's December against a top class team who are seen as one of the fitness and most physically conditioned club teams ever.  Of course we would love to play the game in Casement Park in July but that is not how championships are played

Factor in
- County player Eoin O'Neill leaving the country for a year
- losing Woody, the mainstay of our defence for over a decade
- injury curtailing Decky Smyth involvement
- injury ruling out regular match winner Chrissy McMahon
- captain and legend Paul Shields missing from the starting line up

That's potentially a third of the team missing at the start but the lads that stepped in performed heroically
What happens next????

Jonkunlon

Quote from: Jonkunlon on October 13, 2022, 06:09:42 PM
Dunloy will catch Slaughtneil this year. They've been around the block enough times at this stage and know what they need to do differently. They've better stick men than Slaughtneil. Cushendall is the perfect preparation for them.

Those people claiming it wasn't a great performance; IT MOST CERTAINLY WAS. For a team to be able to change their style of play to enable them to beat an outstanding team - that is exactly what a great performance is. They executed their strategy and got the job done.

Dunloy are an incredibly talented hurling team. The best I have seen since 2012. Now they've learned how to beat teams by hurling in a different manner, that is special. Testament to the work, dedication and committment from Greg, his management team and players. They were training 5 nights per week at one stage during the process.

We are on our way to seeing something special.

Few sensible people on here alluding to the fact that you're not going to see the style and panache with which they beat Antrim club teams this season when they're playing Slaughtneil in December. That's what great teams do - mix it up!!

bannside

Those 5 are some loss Maxpower. Hopefully Woody and Paul are still good to be around the panel for another few years as Dunloy look to take their talent to the next level. This squad can be anything it wants in the next few years, there's nothing to stop them.

Milltown Row2

Dunloy are 4/1 in some bookies, I've it as a 50/50 game, maybe I'm missing something?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Sleeping giant

Quote from: bannside on December 08, 2022, 12:18:23 PM
Those 5 are some loss Maxpower. Hopefully Woody and Paul are still good to be around the panel for another few years as Dunloy look to take their talent to the next level. This squad can be anything it wants in the next few years, there's nothing to stop them.
Right
1983 & 2012 All Ireland Champions.

Sleeping giant

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 08, 2022, 06:46:02 PM
Dunloy are 4/1 in some bookies, I've it as a 50/50 game, maybe I'm missing something?
Northern teams always have been disrespected come this stage, and more often than not the bookie isn't far away! I've it down to how dunloy deals with the occasion, St Thomas been around the block, Dunloy hit a goal early and get the tails up they'll give them all they want on a big open pitch!

Sleeping giant

But as for world domination. CALM THE FCUK DOWN!!!

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Sleeping giant on December 08, 2022, 07:44:04 PM
But as for world domination. CALM THE FCUK DOWN!!!

I'm taking the plus 5 that paddy power have, I agree too the bookies don't get it wrong too much
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

paddyjohn

Quote from: bannside on December 08, 2022, 12:18:23 PM

I'll have whatever you're smoking..

bannside

You not think with a full panel they could win an all ireland or two in the next five years?

Saffrongael

Quote from: bannside on December 08, 2022, 09:06:27 PM
You not think with a full panel they could win an all ireland or two in the next five years?

No
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

SaffronSports

Anyone for The Dub tomorrow night for the Mageean Cup final? Should be a good game.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Saffrongael on December 08, 2022, 09:15:48 PM
Quote from: bannside on December 08, 2022, 09:06:27 PM

No

You only have a chance if you're in it.. the other semifinal is the bookies final and armchair experts final, as both played last years..

Think Ballyhale are coming to an end if I'm being honest but it's whether or not Dunloy gain enough experiences of playing at this level to get one decent shot at winning it..

Will they keep winning Antrim and Ulster? Maybe Antrim for a while, be interesting to see how S'neil come back next year

Saffrongael

Quote from: SaffronSports on December 08, 2022, 10:36:30 PM
Anyone for The Dub tomorrow night for the Mageean Cup final? Should be a good game.

Yeah two evenly matched teams by the look of it
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Saffrongael on December 08, 2022, 11:00:02 PM
Quote from: SaffronSports on December 08, 2022, 10:36:30 PM

Yeah two evenly matched teams by the look of it
Good to see some of the lower tier teams come through eventually.