Allianz Hurling League 2016

Started by Mossy Bruce, January 11, 2016, 06:35:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

merman

Picky was very poor Saturday and was taken off at half-time. He didn't hurl for Clough/Ballacolla yesterday (all other county players did) so you'd have to assume there is some injury issue.

He hasn't been at his best for Laois for some time now. It's a pity because he was pivotal for CB last year, not least with a Man of the Match performance in the county final, and I'm sure Cheddar would have hoped he'd carry that form into this year...

zoner

I'd imagine he's probably worn out.  Hurling late in the year with cb and all winter with IT carlow and straight back into inter county. A few weeks off for a physical and mental break from hurling would do him well.

redsetanta

Cha dwyer was playing with IT Carlow too. Picky is going through a period of poor form. Maybe a redt will benefit him but maybe he needs a bit of hunger and drive. He has all the ability but seems a bit lost at times.Has the fact that Scully has come in and been given the freetaking role put him out a bit.
The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi

Keyser Söze

Hunger, drive and a sweeper. Dependent on long range points.
No progress on 12/24 months ago but as I said last week, i'll settle for standing still this year. 
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled.......

Unlaoised

Terrible terrible system but who cares we are safe....

We hurled okay but we are so much relying on long range wonder scores ...Sweeper system worked well today but is it the answer going forward against teams like Westmeath...

I'll settle for staying up well done to all the lads and cheddar I hope it makes training and the weeks ahead a little more pleasant !
LAOIS ABÚ

Ogie

I see where it's reported Zane has left the panel yet again.

Squad had a couple of days off and back with club after Westmeath game, trained Monday, Tuesday Wednesday & Thursday this week, matches with their clubs tonight and training again tomorrow
And same programme in place for the coming week,

What date do we hurl championship?

burdizzo

Start of June, I think.

The 5th, to be more exact.