Rory McIlroy

Started by Oraisteach, February 26, 2012, 06:13:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Franko

Quote from: laoislad on January 11, 2017, 02:30:40 PM
Quote from: ziggysego on January 11, 2017, 02:17:33 PM
Quote from: johnneycool on January 11, 2017, 09:42:24 AM
Too many people going out of their way to be offended just like those dicks hounding James McClean over his stance on the poppy.

I 100% agree. Couldn't give one iota who he or anyone identifies themselves as.
I'm not offended by him at all,I just don't like him. It's nothing to do about where he is from or what flag he waves or if he thinks of himself as being British or Irish. I just don't like him.Some people can't seem to get their heads around that.

But... but... but... he's a local lad who's good at something... you HAVE to like him...

Blubber... whinge

Orior

Quote from: Boycey on January 11, 2017, 03:58:18 PM
Too many people going out of their way to be offended just like those dicks hounding James McClean over his stance on the poppy.

I'm not offended by him at all,I just don't like him. It's nothing to do about where he is from or what flag he waves or if he thinks of himself as being British or Irish. I just don't like him.Some people can't seem to get their heads around that.

Would you dislike him enough to shout against him coming down the stretch in the Masters against say some random Yank?

Even Laoislad wouldn't do that!
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

T Fearon

So the lad doesn't want to be marked out as a member of one of the two main tribes, and effectively alienate half of the community up here? Fair play to him.I reserve my contempt for plastic wannabes like Ruth Dudley Edwards.

seafoid

Quote from: T Fearon on January 11, 2017, 05:50:12 PM
So the lad doesn't want to be marked out as a member of one of the two main tribes, and effectively alienate half of the community up here? Fair play to him.I reserve my contempt for plastic wannabes like Ruth Dudley Edwards.
reminds me about the joke about the fella who.is stopped at a UDA checkpoint

--Are you Protestant or catholic?
-I am a Jew
- Are you a Protestant Jew or a catholic Jew?
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

michaelg

Quote from: seafoid on January 11, 2017, 06:11:42 PM
Quote from: T Fearon on January 11, 2017, 05:50:12 PM
reminds me about the joke about the fella who.is stopped at a UDA checkpoint

--Are you Protestant or catholic?
-I am a Jew
- Are you a Protestant Jew or a catholic Jew?
Ever considered a career in comedy?

Orior

Clip about Rory on the news tonight - seems like he is playing with Calloway irons tomorrow. Has he used Calloway in the past?

laoislad

Quote from: Orior on January 11, 2017, 05:03:35 PM
Quote from: Boycey on January 11, 2017, 03:58:18 PM

Would you dislike him enough to shout against him coming down the stretch in the Masters against say some random Yank?

Even Laoislad wouldn't do that!
Do what? Cheer for one random golfer over another random golfer?
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Orior

He's from these shores! So surely you would want him to beat any yank?

omaghjoe

Kinda illogical reasoning from Rory
Hundreds of Olympians compete for countries that they arent attached to for various reasons, he could have competed for himself, the sport or whatever. A half decent interviewer could have put that to him but I suspect that he hasn't really thought it through that much.

By trying to not being political he is ironically being political. Now he may feel no attachment to either flag or state or whatever that's fair enough but it isnt really a reason not to compete in a competition.

I suspect that the real reason was he didnt want to offend his mates and/or in his circle of friends its the vogue thing to be unattached to either flag and the more unattached you are the cooler you are so he's just going with that.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: omaghjoe on January 11, 2017, 08:57:09 PM
Hundreds of Olympians compete for countries that they arent attached to for various reasons, he could have competed for himself, the sport or whatever. A half decent interviewer could have put that to him but I suspect that he hasn't really thought it through that much.

By trying to not being political he is ironically being political. Now he may feel no attachment to either flag or state or whatever that's fair enough but it isnt really a reason not to compete in a competition.

I suspect that the real reason was he didnt want to offend his mates and/or in his circle of friends its the vogue thing to be unattached to either flag and the more unattached you are the cooler you are so he's just going with that.

His mates?? The guy lives in the states ffs!! His friends would mainly be people on his team! Other golfers on the circuit and his girlfriend! He's here maybe 3/4 times a year I'd imagine and golfing the rest of the year
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

omaghjoe

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 11, 2017, 09:09:29 PM

His mates?? The guy lives in the states ffs!! His friends would mainly be people on his team! Other golfers on the circuit and his girlfriend! He's here maybe 3/4 times a year I'd imagine and golfing the rest of the year

thatd be the wans he flew over to France for the NI matches and or down to Ravenhill with

Rois

Quote from: omaghjoe on January 11, 2017, 09:14:38 PM

thatd be the wans he flew over to France for the NI matches and or down to Ravenhill with
He regularly flies friends to the US too. My colleague knows some of them, or at least pretends he does but it is plausible as he's from Holywood, in his 20s and went to Sullivan.

Milltown Row2

Well that's what ya would do with friends.... and when you're a multi millionaire you can do that...
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

omaghjoe

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 11, 2017, 09:59:14 PM

Well that's what ya would do with friends.... and when you're a multi millionaire you can do that...

thats right....and so those are the same mates in my point....

Milltown Row2

Quote from: omaghjoe on January 11, 2017, 10:32:05 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 11, 2017, 09:59:14 PM

thats right....and so those are the same mates in my point....

Look the guy seems very self assured and intelligent.... confidence isn't a problem so I'd assume peer pressure isn't an issue either... do you feel the need to keep your friends happy all the time? Or do you feel the need to be yourself? Maybe just maybe he does things he wants to do because that's what he wants, I know that's a crazy thought, I mean what dick would do that eh?