TV Show recommendations

Started by Archie Mitchell, June 23, 2009, 11:32:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rosnarun

Quote from: screenexile on April 26, 2020, 12:55:21 AM
Man in the High Castle - Very enjoyable if you can get past the crazy stuff wasn’t sure they needed it but offered an extra layer to the story I guess.

After Life 2 - Very similar to the first season but not as good I thought way too morbid after the first season they had a chance to move it on and didn’t.

Run - Enjoyed the first episode think it has potential

Avenue 5 - Not sure very dark and I normally like Ianucci’s stuff but this wasn’t really for me.

Looking at Despatches from elsewhere next has anyone seen it??

Also if you can check out the Beastie Boys live documentary on AppleTV I really liked it.

is Avenue 5  really Dark? . I saw the  1st episode and thought it was very light and every one in on the Joke.
Loved tnthe thick of it and Veep . Avenue 5  did seem in the same class.
should i ikeep watching

If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

BennyCake

Quote from: bennydorano on April 29, 2020, 09:49:00 AM
I've watched 8 (of 12 x 30m) of Normal People, the much hyped Irish show on iplayer, enterteraining show if you want to revisit your teenage angst and romantic troubles - too many sex scenes, nearly undoes the actual story imo.

Seen the first two episodes.

Hmm I'm not sure about it. Will give it a couple more, but it looks like one of those long dragged out series where little to nothing happens (a bit like that 'Castle Rock' series. Jesus that was a bore!)

imtommygunn

Anyone watched devs?

I've heard rave reviews and am on the last episode now but not so sure.

Jeepers Creepers

El Chapo any use having just come off Narcos?

Gabriel_Hurl

I started it but couldn't get past the dubbing

Fauda next on the list for me

bennydorano

Quote from: BennyCake on April 29, 2020, 03:03:58 PM
I've watched 8 (of 12 x 30m) of Normal People, the much hyped Irish show on iplayer, enterteraining show if you want to revisit your teenage angst and romantic troubles - too many sex scenes, nearly undoes the actual story imo.

Hmm I'm not sure about it. Will give it a couple more, but it looks like one of those long dragged out series where little to nothing happens (a bit like that 'Castle Rock' series. Jesus that was a bore!)
If you don't like it after 2 I don't think you'll grow to like it - as I thought it started of strongly and has faltered a bit since! Still good enough.

gallsman

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on April 29, 2020, 03:43:05 PM
I started it but couldn't get past the dubbing

Fauda next on the list for me

Fauda is quite good. Obviously written from an Israeli perspective but not as much of a propaganda vehicle as you might think.

screenexile

Quote from: bennydorano on April 29, 2020, 05:23:15 PM
Quote from: BennyCake on April 29, 2020, 03:03:58 PM

If you don't like it after 2 I don't think you'll grow to like it - as I thought it started of strongly and has faltered a bit since! Still good enough.

Yeah you may as well it's not a huge time investment with half hour episodes.

lurganblue

Quote from: Smokin Joe on April 24, 2020, 07:54:10 AM
My 12 year old son loves Basketball.

I see that The Last Dance is 15.  Has there been anything in it so far that would be unsuitable for a 12 year old?

Apart from the odd reference to alcohol or drink I would say work away.  It's fantastic.  My 11 year old loves his sports but wouldn't have a clue about basketball.  I am tempted to get him to watch it to experience the skill, determination and dedication these lads had.  It's a fantastic watch.

bennydorano

Westworld S3 is pretty good. Better than S2.

Smokin Joe

Quote from: lurganblue on April 30, 2020, 10:18:19 AM
Quote from: Smokin Joe on April 24, 2020, 07:54:10 AM
My 12 year old son loves Basketball.

I see that The Last Dance is 15.  Has there been anything in it so far that would be unsuitable for a 12 year old?

Apart from the odd reference to alcohol or drink I would say work away.  It's fantastic.  My 11 year old loves his sports but wouldn't have a clue about basketball.  I am tempted to get him to watch it to experience the skill, determination and dedication these lads had.  It's a fantastic watch.

Yeah, I've watched the first 3 episodes with him and they are fine for him to watch.  Just a few swear words (which his mates come out with at U13 football training anyway).  It's an enjoyable show.

maddog

Quote from: bennydorano on April 30, 2020, 11:47:28 AM

Any idea what the hell is going on in it ?

screenexile

Quote from: maddog on April 30, 2020, 12:30:28 PM

Season 2 was tough going I don't think I want to get involved anymore!!

Milltown Row2

Quote from: screenexile on April 30, 2020, 12:33:38 PM
Quote from: maddog on April 30, 2020, 12:30:28 PM

Season 2 was tough going I don't think I want to get involved anymore!!

I thought both seasons were great, now that they are out of the park it's getting to the nitty gritty.

Who's all for A.I technology?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

JoG2

2 episodes into The Last Dance, superb show

I've watched a few of the NFL All or Nothing seasons, Cardinals, Cowboys and Panthers. TBH before i started watching these docs, I had zero interest in American Football. I thought the shows were absolutely brilliant, incredible access to the management, players , owners etc,  and cannot wait for the NFL season to start again !