Started by AZOffaly, October 06, 2017, 10:56:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rrhf

T Fearon

He only came on as a sub after 55 minutes

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: T Fearon on October 09, 2017, 10:55:42 PM
He only came on as a sub after 55 minutes

Threw the collar at the manager and called him every name under the sun after.
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

T Fearon

Quite right,shouldn't have left a man with divine powers on the bench so long

Owen Brannigan

He's no fan of the rosary before a game, saying a prayer in the changing rooms or even saying Mass for a win.

Ciarrai_thuaidh

Saw the clips of the interview..couldn't get away from the thought that only someone who is quite mental would become a priest really.
"Better to die on your feet,than live on your knees"...

mrhardyannual

Quote from: Ciarrai_thuaidh on October 11, 2017, 03:37:34 PM
Saw the clips of the interview..couldn't get away from the thought that only someone who is quite mental would become a priest really.
Or truly dedicated. Fair play to him. He had a degree and a teaching job that he gave up to follow this path. How much the poorer would our communities be but for him and others like him.

Eamonnca1

Quote from: T Fearon on October 06, 2017, 12:26:14 PM
Saw that.Seems like a good priest too.But the Church is not in the business of PR,and does not need suave media operators.It needs good priests,like Fr Stapleton,ministering to the flock

The lord is not my shepherd, for I am not a sheep.

Ciarrai_thuaidh

Quote from: mrhardyannual on October 11, 2017, 06:59:38 PM
Or truly dedicated. Fair play to him. He had a degree and a teaching job that he gave up to follow this path. How much the poorer would our communities be but for him and others like him.

So instead of educating kids, he now dedicates himself to an imaginary being..how noble!  ::)

omaghjoe

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on October 11, 2017, 07:40:04 PM
Quote from: T Fearon on October 06, 2017, 12:26:14 PM
Saw that.Seems like a good priest too.But the Church is not in the business of PR,and does not need suave media operators.It needs good priests,like Fr Stapleton,ministering to the flock

The lord is not my shepherd, for I am not a sheep.
Metaphor?

omaghjoe

Quote from: Ciarrai_thuaidh on October 12, 2017, 01:00:18 AM

So instead of educating kids, he now dedicates himself to an imaginary being..how noble!  ::)

You may believe that but he and his congregation don't.

Ciarrai_thuaidh

Quote from: omaghjoe on October 12, 2017, 04:14:20 AM

Thankfully (in my view) the number of people involved in such things is ever decreasing.

Owenmoresider

Quote from: Ciarrai_thuaidh on October 12, 2017, 05:54:53 PM

Thankfully (in my view) the number of people involved in such things is ever decreasing.
Another fine example of the smug superiority complex that atheist/non-believing types tend to hold over those who obviously aren't as enlightened as they like to think they are themselves.

Ciarrai_thuaidh

Quote from: Owenmoresider on October 12, 2017, 06:12:32 PM
Quote from: Ciarrai_thuaidh on October 12, 2017, 05:54:53 PM

Another fine example of the smug superiority complex that atheist/non-believing types tend to hold over those who obviously aren't as enlightened as they like to think they are themselves.

I said "in my view", so get over yourself. Believe what you want to believe, knock yourself out..but in this country, the church has wielded way too much power and used it control and abuse the population largely. Anybody denying that is either a liar or deluding themselves.
That's my last post on the matter here.