Who's gonna be the Footballer of the Year?

Started by Angus, September 14, 2015, 05:30:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Angus

They say six Dublin and Kerry players are in the race for the title. But only three players will receive the nomination.

Who do you think might get the title?  ;D

straightred

Quote from: Angus on September 14, 2015, 05:30:52 PM
They say six Dublin and Kerry players are in the race for the title. But only three players will receive the nomination.

Who do you think might get the title?  ;D

if only to reverse the travesty that was last year when the 3rd most deserving player somehow won it I'd love to see Connolly win. However, red card stuff won't have helped and 2 very average semi final performances won't have helped either so I'd say brogan if Dublin win and Moran if Kerry win.

omaghjoe

Moran will need a big enuff final as he was very quiet in the AI semi and the Munster final.
Shane Enright has been their best player for me this year my a mile tho a roasting in the final could ensue from any of the Dub FF line.

beer baron

Quote from: omaghjoe on September 14, 2015, 08:43:05 PM
Moran will need a big enuff final as he was very quiet in the AI semi and the Munster final.
Shane Enright has been their best player for me this year my a mile tho a roasting in the final could ensue from any of the Dub FF line.

Agreed Enright has been excellent but i'd still be surprised if he gets it unless he gobbles up the man who i think will win it Bernard Brogan in the final.

omaghjoe

Quote from: beer baron on September 14, 2015, 09:21:52 PM
Quote from: omaghjoe on September 14, 2015, 08:43:05 PM

Agreed Enright has been excellent but i'd still be surprised if he gets it unless he gobbles up the man who i think will win it Bernard Brogan in the final.

Yeah its between those two for my POTY at the moment. Most likely Brogan, which will have nothing to do with the real one, prob be Moran as the hacks have made their mind up. Checking Wikipedia there, only Trevor Giles has won it twice b4. But then there was the Texaco POTY as well.
Any one know if it was always seperate from the All-Stars? I know that they sort of came into competition a bit of late but b4 1996 there wasnt any All stars POTY, so was the Texaco POTY presented at at the All-Stars night? or am I dreaming that?

Farrandeelin

Hurler of the year would be more appropriate for this forum, however that's a foregone conclusion as TJ Reid will surely get it.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.