Buying GAA Medals

Started by Bud Wiser, January 06, 2017, 01:10:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Main Street

Quote from: AZOffaly on January 09, 2017, 01:25:01 PM
Don't be a dick Main Street. You're off base on this one. As I said, Bud works, or worked, with Keaney and would know him well. Conal helped us out with the Golf thing we did a few years ago. This is legit.
Don't call me dick, you bogman ;D
That opening post is a wind-up ,
If it was meant to be serious then you couldn't better it if you wanted to write a wind-up.

"With the dominance of the Dubs in the football, and it likely to continue into the next fifteen years, I am asking anyone who has resorted to buying medals and who visits any of the sites like EBay, Adverts.ie, Amazon to keep an eye out for the following:  "
A plea to anyone who resorts to buying medals??  ;D

You meant to say there are people who resort to buying AI medals because of the likely dominance of the Dubs for next 15 years?

magpie seanie

Wind your neck in MS. You totally fcuked up here by jumping to the wrong conclusion. Just move on but it would be better if you accepted your error, people would respect that.

Bud Wiser

The price of medals !  See what Nicky Rackard's sold for.  Also here http://www.irishtimes.com/life-and-style/homes-and-property/fine-art-antiques/value-of-gaa-medals-rockets-1.1855635is prices for mementos of Kevin Barry, did I send someone a copy of the publication for his mass when he was removed to Glasnevin Cemetery? O'Neill or someone?  I still have another one of the funeral mass of Kevin Barry if anyone wants it.

An All-Ireland Football medal will be worth some money in Laois when we win our first.

Great to see Magpie, AZ and a few more here after all the years.
http://sales.fonsiemealy.ie/rarebooks/Bidcat/Catalogues.asp?F1=3072&F2=4169&status=A&F4=0&select=0207&offset=1050
" Laois ? You can't drink pints of Guinness and talk sh*te in a pub, and play football the next day"

Itchy

Bud Wiser

No.  Doesnt look like they will
" Laois ? You can't drink pints of Guinness and talk sh*te in a pub, and play football the next day"

Unlaoised

What value are they to the thieves ...surely they could leave them somewhere for him..
LAOIS ABÚ

Bud Wiser

They just get a blow torch to them and melt them or take them to that ass with all the "Cash For Gold" adds.  Jaysus there was an awful spate of robberies the weeks before and after Christmas, everywhere, going into houses with people in them and everything at all hours of the day and night.