Search for New Mayo Manager

Started by IolarCoisCuain, September 28, 2015, 11:17:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lar Naparka

Quote from: Syferus on December 29, 2016, 04:49:12 PM
The Mayo response here reminds me of the way Gardai treat whistleblowers in their organisation. Seek and destroy.
Syf, me oul' buddy, I'm writing this more from worry than anger. Somehow, I never could get angry with you before and I don't intend to do so now but I am genuinely concerned that you have anger management issues or your computer is talking back to you or whatever.
Why don't you give this topic a break for your own sake and find something positive to do -you'd be better employed shaving gooseberries in a jam factory than going on and on about something you know sweet eff all about.
I'd put good money on it that ot a single individual in Mayo gives two flying fucks about what you think or, for that matter, what Holmes or Connelly think either.
Along with that other space traveller from Tyrone you keep on digging away on nonsensical rants about Mayo fans and newspaper reporters and the likes who are all wrong and you and the other tulip, somehow or other, are right.

Anyone who buys any story from any newspaper hack should proceed with caution as the likes of Brehony are looking for column inches and the 'truth' can be well off the mark.
The account given by two angry, humiliated men is contains contradictions and vague assertions and was designed to put Rochford's authority under scrutiny.
Anyone without their own hidden agendas could pick holes in that diatribe without a bother.
So why persist?
Really, I'm 100% certain that I am the only one who is concerned about your state of mind. I know I don't really have to read the crap you come out with but if you really want to talk to yourself, why do it online on a public forum?
Trust me, I'm for your good.
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

Captain Obvious

Lee Keegan had an interview on RTE news yesterday I picked up on a northern Irish accent.  Was he born or did he live there?

From the Bunker

Quote from: Captain Obvious on December 29, 2016, 09:34:18 PM
Lee Keegan had an interview on RTE news yesterday I picked up on a northern Irish accent.  Was he born or did he live there?

Lived in Cavan in his youth!

moysider

The Mayo response here reminds me of the way Gardai treat whistleblowers in their organisation. Seek and destroy.

H&C are hardly comparable to whistleblowers. They were the establishment ffs. The chosen ones. More like a royal family grousing about how unreliable and sensitive staff are nowadays

Avondhu star

Quote from: moysider on December 29, 2016, 11:11:22 PM

H&C are hardly comparable to whistleblowers. They were the establishment ffs. The chosen ones. More like a royal family grousing about how unreliable and sensitive staff are nowadays
As long as we can look forward to the annual Mayo bottling festival nothing else matters. The Mayo fans kneeling before the statue of St Aidan dont want to know the truth about the big head non achievers on the county panel.
Lee Harvey Oswald , your country needs you

Syferus

So you're comparing Aidan O'Shea to Paul Burrell? They both do like a bit of TV time alright..

Lar Naparka

Quote from: Syferus on December 31, 2016, 06:14:09 PM

So you're comparing Aidan O'Shea to Paul Burrell? They both do like a bit of TV time alright..
It's not the time for argument, so Happy New Year Syf to you and to the other eejit who posted before you and I'll go as far as including the looper from Tyrone as well.
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

Rossfan

Happy New Year to all Rhubarbs from Co Mayo esp Larry and Moy, 2 of the best.
As for those Rhus from Co Roscommon>:( ******* may their hens never lay, may their holes be always itchy,  may their arms be too short to reach round to scratch.....,  may they be friends of Syfīn. .... :D
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

moysider

Happy New Year Rossfan. Good luck with trying to keep the lid on Sy. in 2017.

Il Bomber Destro

In hindsight, Mayo can be very grateful Holmes and Connelly got the gig ahead of McStay back in 2015.

Kuwabatake Sanjuro

I'm delighted he never got the Kildare job either when he was interested.

Jinxy

Aidan O'Shea takes issue over ex-Mayo managers' claims

The former managers said in the interview that O'Shea contacted them to complain about their objections to his participation in the series.

Email correspondence between O'Shea and the management over the release of a player from a match-day squad was also referenced.
The player also said he took issue with this newspaper's presentation of the interview, claiming he should have been given a right of reply with the publication of the article.

"It's not something I dwell on - I've completely moved on myself personally and the group have completely moved forward."
On the weekend that the interview was published, a Mayo media official made it clear in a response to a query from this newspaper that none of the players would be responding.

http://www.independent.ie/sport/gaelic-games/gaelic-football/aidan-oshea-takes-issue-over-exmayo-managers-claims-35675632.html
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Taylor

This really is the last chance saloon for this group of Mayo players.

Rochford will not get the fools pardon he got last year for the goalkeeping fiasco and I have it on good authority McEntee may not be taking up the post next year due to being sick of the travelling.

Its all or nothing now

Tubberman

Quote from: Taylor on May 03, 2017, 12:07:39 PM
This really is the last chance saloon for this group of Mayo players.

Rochford will not get the fools pardon he got last year for the goalkeeping fiasco and I have it on good authority McEntee may not be taking up the post next year due to being sick of the travelling.

Its all or nothing now

Same as it was last year, and the year before and the year before that....
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

Never beat the deeler

Quote from: Jinxy on May 03, 2017, 11:43:15 AM
Aidan O'Shea takes issue over ex-Mayo managers' claims

The former managers said in the interview that O'Shea contacted them to complain about their objections to his participation in the series.

Email correspondence between O'Shea and the management over the release of a player from a match-day squad was also referenced.
The player also said he took issue with this newspaper's presentation of the interview, claiming he should have been given a right of reply with the publication of the article.

"It's not something I dwell on - I've completely moved on myself personally and the group have completely moved forward."
On the weekend that the interview was published, a Mayo media official made it clear in a response to a query from this newspaper that none of the players would be responding.

http://www.independent.ie/sport/gaelic-games/gaelic-football/aidan-oshea-takes-issue-over-exmayo-managers-claims-35675632.html

There's no quote in that article to back up the bit in bold. Totally misleading headline and article.

He said it wasn't the time to talk about it so they made it up
Hasta la victoria siempre