Search for New Mayo Manager

Started by IolarCoisCuain, September 28, 2015, 11:17:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

muppet

Quote from: Lar Naparka on November 15, 2015, 07:57:30 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on November 15, 2015, 03:20:45 PM
Jasus Lar are you stuck in a time warp?
Karoleen packed in the County scene a few years ago ;)
No time warp at all!
Just using the oul' stopwatch to see how long it was going to take you to respond. ;D
I thought it was last year that he resigned but then I don't pay too much attention to anything you uncultured shower gets up to.
I guess you must be getting ould as it was two hours and five minutes before you appeared on the scene. I see Syferus is getting sense, believe it or not, as he didn't rise this time.

Still doesn't take from the act that Mannion raised a serious issue that must be faced up to as it ain't going to go away

Lar, why do you bother with the Wildlings?
MWWSI 2017

Lar Naparka

Quote from: muppet on November 16, 2015, 01:15:42 AM
No time warp at all!
Just using the oul' stopwatch to see how long it was going to take you to respond. ;D
I thought it was last year that he resigned but then I don't pay too much attention to anything you uncultured shower gets up to.
I guess you must be getting ould as it was two hours and five minutes before you appeared on the scene. I see Syferus is getting sense, believe it or not, as he didn't rise this time.

Still doesn't take from the act that Mannion raised a serious issue that must be faced up to as it ain't going to go away

Because I had eff all else to do and I wanted to see how many were lurking about the place! Rossfan is beginning to show his age as it took him more than two hours to respond. ;D
Poor Shrewdness seems to be ripe for the taking also- a welcome addition to the Woollyheads that park their damn bus on our front lawn every time a Mayo thread is started. Same as Rossfan, he didn't notice that I hadn't said anything about the timing of Mannion's retirement.
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

Syferus

Quote from: Lar Naparka on November 16, 2015, 11:33:17 AM
Quote from: muppet on November 16, 2015, 01:15:42 AM
No time warp at all!

Because I had eff all else to do and I wanted to see how many were lurking about the place! Rossfan is beginning to show his age as it took him more than two hours to respond. ;D
Poor Shrewdness seems to be ripe for the taking also- a welcome addition to the Woollyheads that park their damn bus on our front lawn every time a Mayo thread is started. Same as Rossfan, he didn't notice that I hadn't said anything about the timing of Mannion's retirement.

Mango will be back on the sideline in the future anyways Lar, don't worry.

From the Bunker

Can we close down this thread now?

maigheo

Quote from: From the Bunker on November 22, 2015, 03:31:07 PM
Doubt if the Rossies will let that happen

Rossfan

Keep it till next July/Aug when the next heave occurs. :P
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Syferus

Have you even interviewed Rochford yet?

From the Bunker

Quote from: Syferus on November 22, 2015, 04:09:43 PM

Have you even interviewed Rochford yet?

You should know by now Mayo CB don't do interviews!

heffo

bucko

Quote from: Rossfan on November 22, 2015, 03:47:07 PM
Keep it till next July/Aug when the next heave occurs. :P
We'll be replacing Mayo with Roscommon in the thread title then😜

cuconnacht

mayo.mick

mayo for sam-don't ask me what year! :-)
https://michaelmaye.com/mayo-gaa-photos/
@mayo_mick

Nihilist

Assuming he now goes on to take the job.Then looking at both Rochford and McStay. 
Well then it's quite possible that both might succeed or equally both could fail miserably as neither have the experience of inter county at the top level.

Only difference of course is the expectations.

Mayo's is probably to be in the final 4 come end of championship.
Ros's is probably to try and somehow get past Sligo in Connacht.

Syferus

Quote from: Nihilist on November 22, 2015, 07:05:46 PM
Assuming he now goes on to take the job.Then looking at both Rochford and McStay. 
Well then it's quite possible that both might succeed or equally both could fail miserably as neither have the experience of inter county at the top level.

Only difference of course is the expectations.

Mayo's is probably to be in the final 4 come end of championship.
Ros's is probably to try and somehow get past Sligo in Connacht.

The only goal Mayo's players can have is winning the AI in 2016. Rochford better hope he hits the ground running or his going to hit the wall instead. McStay will be given time to put his stamp on our team. Getting to a Connacht final alone would be enough to get the second year without any real opposition.