Previous topic - Next topic

Mac2

Quote from: Syferus on October 25, 2015, 01:23:04 PM
Quote from: Lar Naparka on October 25, 2015, 12:23:01 AM
Quote from: Rossfan on October 24, 2015, 10:21:52 PM
"We was"....
Tut tut. :D
Tell you what Ross...
Suppose me and the rest of the Mayo heads club together and buy GPS systems for you and syf and shrewdness.
Then maybe you could find the way back to yeer own manager thread./
If ye don't pull out soon, ye will  miss the action. McStay won't last pissing time because when he strts up with his "shot selection" and "carrying the ball oonto the tackle" and all the other crap tems he introduced to the world, your woolly sheep will turn into rams and chase him out of the county.
I mean ye did that to Maughan who outranked McStay.
If the whole effion' lot of ye don't move soon, he'll collide with  you as you go one way and he'll be going the other with some of yer neanthardal fans in hot pursuit.

Where exactly are we chasing him to Lar? He's lived half of his life here and his daughters are die-hard Rossies.

If it's Rochford who gets your job it sounds like he's going to be looking for the same sort of set-up your CB balked at when McStay was the front-runner last year. Where's all this financial lubrication coming from? For any other county the huge debt on McHale and the heavy spending of the last five years would be a millstone around their necks.

Interesting times west of Ballagh..
The CB weren't going to appoint him no matter what as they dad their own man/men earmarked. To say that the financials to bring in Rochford are the same is plain wrong though.

Syferus

Quote from: Mac2 on October 25, 2015, 01:53:40 PM
Quote from: Syferus on October 25, 2015, 01:23:04 PM
Quote from: Lar Naparka on October 25, 2015, 12:23:01 AM
Quote from: Rossfan on October 24, 2015, 10:21:52 PM
"We was"....
Tut tut. :D
Tell you what Ross...
Suppose me and the rest of the Mayo heads club together and buy GPS systems for you and syf and shrewdness.
Then maybe you could find the way back to yeer own manager thread./
If ye don't pull out soon, ye will  miss the action. McStay won't last pissing time because when he strts up with his "shot selection" and "carrying the ball oonto the tackle" and all the other crap tems he introduced to the world, your woolly sheep will turn into rams and chase him out of the county.
I mean ye did that to Maughan who outranked McStay.
If the whole effion' lot of ye don't move soon, he'll collide with  you as you go one way and he'll be going the other with some of yer neanthardal fans in hot pursuit.

Where exactly are we chasing him to Lar? He's lived half of his life here and his daughters are die-hard Rossies.

If it's Rochford who gets your job it sounds like he's going to be looking for the same sort of set-up your CB balked at when McStay was the front-runner last year. Where's all this financial lubrication coming from? For any other county the huge debt on McHale and the heavy spending of the last five years would be a millstone around their necks.

Interesting times west of Ballagh..
The CB weren't going to appoint him no matter what as they dad their own man/men earmarked. To say that the financials to bring in Rochford are the same is plain wrong though.

Partly because they were desperate for a man who would work within means, something Horan showed no real desire to do. Rightly given his aim was winning the AI too. But if getting costs down was an important factor last year I can't see how it's any less of a concern after another long-run season. Young Tony isn't going to be working for pocket money..

Shrewdness

No nominations for Mayo job yet, according to Aidan Mc Loughlin.

Tubberman

No Horan return, so it's Rochford or Maughan III ;)

https://t.co/80bXWEiHTo
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

From the Bunker

Quote from: Tubberman on October 26, 2015, 08:34:53 AM
No Horan return, so it's Rochford or Maughan III ;)

https://t.co/80bXWEiHTo

No surprise there. A young family. A demanding job. On the gravy trail with various media gigs. And unlike 5 years ago he known's the real work load involved with this gig. You can't go into this half hearted or else you'll end up losing to Sligo and Longford.

Farrandeelin

Quote from: Shrewdness on October 25, 2015, 03:07:01 PM
No nominations for Mayo job yet, according to Aidan Mc Loughlin.
That's the thing. We can speculate all we like about McEntee/Rochford, but unless there's someone actually nominated that's all it will be. I'm sure that the CB will nominate Rochford, if he's willing to take it of course -if nobody else is nominated dor the job.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

larryin89

Could possibly prove to be the end of an era . I really believed Horan would take the reigns and to me that was the best option for this particular group at this time. If it is the end of the road so be it , in saying that taking into consideration we will have both Galway and the other crowd in castlebar in 16 , a Connacht title could be won without a manager imo but the quest fur Sam could well be over.

To the shameful journalist who subtlety claimed James Horan was an instigator in the heave , you're a proven liar now and should be sacked for your inane rants full of personal vendettas.
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

IolarCoisCuain

Disappointed by this myself. Horan is the only person who has the authority to quell the rebellion. Of course he has other commitments but, had I been in charge, I would have asked him to take over for just one year, so that this time the Board could handle the succession properly come the summer.

The new Mayo manager has two problems now, instead of the usual one. The first is the usual Sam-or-nothing conundrum, but the second now is restoring discipline. The new manager will be under even more pressure than Pat and Noel were because the players are now aware of their own power, and that's not how it can be.

There's a lot of talk in current sports science about the group and the power of the group and it's all very well but fundamentally teams aren't democracies. They're dictatorships, where the manager is sole authority. Tom starts, Jerry is on the bench, Mick is off the panel. The manager is the man with whom the buck must stop.

Maybe Rochford wants it and maybe he'll get it and maybe he'll do well. But that's more maybes than I find ideal for peace and contentment. Mayo could now be in the position of having to look outside for a manager, just as they did in 1993 after the last coup. And we all know how that finished up.

And before anyone starts, what I said about Rochford also applies to Kevin McStay of course. Mayo are in trouble. Again, and as usual.

mayo.mick

mayo for sam-don't ask me what year! :-)
https://michaelmaye.com/mayo-gaa-photos/
@mayo_mick

Shrewdness

Larryin89, i wouldn't agree that it might be the end of era, because Horan isn't coming back.. Mayo still have one of the strongest panels in the country, and are probably one of only three teams with any realistic chance of winning Sam in 2016.. I'm surprised that Horan didn't come back. I thought 12 months out, would have recharged the batteries, and felt that he had unfinished business with Mayo...If Corofin keep going til March, it means that Mayo will have to accept a watered down management, until Rochford is free of his Corofin shackles.. That ,of course, will also affect Corofin.

Farrandeelin

I don't believe for one second what happened last year has anything to do with the heave. Just mire deflecting problems from the CB on someone else. Always someone else's fault with the CB...

Farrandeelin

Rochford hasn't been approached by the CB yet, according to Midwest.

Lar Naparka

Quote from: mayo.mick on October 26, 2015, 02:44:34 PM

Can't make head nor tail out of what Mac Éil has to say.
How could whatever happened in New York 18  months ago lead to Pat & Noel getting shafted?
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

Syferus

Quote from: Farrandeelin on October 27, 2015, 01:04:37 PM
Rochford hasn't been approached by the CB yet, according to Midwest.

John Evans might be yer best bet lads. Sure to be motivated.