Search for New Mayo Manager

Started by IolarCoisCuain, September 28, 2015, 11:17:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lar Naparka

Quote from: Shrewdness on October 03, 2015, 12:20:41 AM
Lar, in your post above, you said that H/C were only there to ''keep Mc Stay out''. Over the past 12 mths, i've heard several people say the same thing. Why is that the case? Why don't the Mayo Co Board want him? Only the other day, he said he had applied twice to manage Mayo, and accepted last year, that ''it's never going to happen'.

I dunno either and since McStay  never disclosed what was going on, I'll probably never know.  But the hoors at the top were prepared to go to almost any lengths to stop him.
Mind you, he did hint that he wasn't expecting even the courtesy of an interview when he applied last year. So whatever caused the problem had nothing to do with his application last year.
Paddy and his cohorts stopped at nothing to shoo him off the premises and this lead to one executive member resigning in protest at the shenanigans going on and the chairman having to step down when his part in the sorry process became known.
Where did we hear that the players didn't want Lord Liam because he wrote nasty things about them?
It certainly wasn't from any player and McStay wasn't the one to divulge it either.
Mac did say in an oblique way in one of his newspaper pieces that the players should be mature enough to take a bit of fair criticism in their stride but he didn't claim that any player had actually objected to anything McHale wrote. I think he was just reacting to the rumour.
So that story had to come from the CB.
Same goes for McStay's alleged shopping list.
Mike told us we'd be shocked if we found out what McStay was looking for. But he never went any further. So the rumour went out that Kdevin was looking for compensation for giving up his work with RTE and with the papers he wrote for. He was a mercenary fecker in other words.
But Roscommon had no problem with his shopping list or so it would appear. Come to think of it, Mike never told us what we would be shocked about.
I would expect Mike to do the decent thing now and consider his position. It's untenable by any standard.
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

larryin89

Quote from: Rossfan on October 03, 2015, 11:24:00 AM
Provincial draws 15th October I believe.
Ye can figure out the handy path to the AI Final then. ;D

Really don't get the snide remarks ,ye can chuckle all ye want but it will take decades for Roscommon to ever come with a team as competitive as this present Mayo team and this idea that we are just going to go away and die a death when the bulk of this team retire is bonkers .

We won the minor all Ireland in 13 ,if we were to win 21 s in 16 , you're lookin at a fairly decent formula for a good senior team after these boys hang the boots . Don't understand the panic apart from a gap in a good 21 s run which needs to be addressed this year. Too much in depth analysis these days ,people overdoing it without realising what we are actually living in , ffs we are going for six in a row all Ireland semi final appearances next year.
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

The Black Mamba

Quote from: larryin89 on October 03, 2015, 12:23:02 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on October 03, 2015, 11:24:00 AM
Provincial draws 15th October I believe.
Ye can figure out the handy path to the AI Final then. ;D

Really don't get the snide remarks ,ye can chuckle all ye want but it will take decades for Roscommon to ever come with a team as competitive as this present Mayo team and this idea that we are just going to go away and die a death when the bulk of this team retire is bonkers .

We won the minor all Ireland in 13 ,if we were to win 21 s in 16 , you're lookin at a fairly decent formula for a good senior team after these boys hang the boots . Don't understand the panic apart from a gap in a good 21 s run which needs to be addressed this year. Too much in depth analysis these days ,people overdoing it without realising what we are actually living in , ffs we are going for six in a row all Ireland semi final appearances next year.
That's a big if  :P

heffo

Quote from: Lar Naparka on October 03, 2015, 11:41:00 AM
Lar, in your post above, you said that H/C were only there to ''keep Mc Stay out''. Over the past 12 mths, i've heard several people say the same thing. Why is that the case? Why don't the Mayo Co Board want him? Only the other day, he said he had applied twice to manage Mayo, and accepted last year, that ''it's never going to happen'.

Where did we hear that the players didn't want Lord Liam because he wrote nasty things about them?
It certainly wasn't from any player and McStay wasn't the one to divulge it either.

I believe I posted it at the time before I read it publicly anywhere else.

moysider

I dunno either and since McStay  never disclosed what was going on, I'll probably never know.  But the hoors at the top were prepared to go to almost any lengths to stop him.
Mind you, he did hint that he wasn't expecting even the courtesy of an interview when he applied last year. So whatever caused the problem had nothing to do with his application last year.
Paddy and his cohorts stopped at nothing to shoo him off the premises and this lead to one executive member resigning in protest at the shenanigans going on and the chairman having to step down when his part in the sorry process became known.
Mac did say in an oblique way in one of his newspaper pieces that the players should be mature enough to take a bit of fair criticism in their stride but he didn't claim that any player had actually objected to anything McHale wrote. I think he was just reacting to the rumour.
Mike told us we'd be shocked if we found out what McStay was looking for. But he never went any further. So the rumour went out that Kdevin was looking for compensation for giving up his work with RTE and with the papers he wrote for. He was a mercenary fecker in other words.
But Roscommon had no problem with his shopping list or so it would appear. Come to think of it, Mike never told us what we would be shocked about.
I would expect Mike to do the decent thing now and consider his position. It's untenable by any standard.

He was also looking to have reform and an input into development and underage structures. Couldn t be havin that now. McStay was basically telling the board what they were doing wrong and that never goes down well. It was Paddy that ridiculed McStay and not Mike I believe Lar.
Rochford presented for interview for U21 job a few years ago and also proceeded to tell the boys what needed to be done. Needless to say he didn t get the gig either, ah ye know. At least the board is consistent. They don t like people with ideas or opinions.

Lar Naparka

Quote from: heffo on October 03, 2015, 12:44:11 PM

Fair enough but can you remember who told you about it?I don't think it came from any of the players. The rumour just began to circulate and became accepted as fact without anyone either confirming or denying it.

heffo

Quote from: Lar Naparka on October 03, 2015, 01:36:27 PM
Quote from: heffo on October 03, 2015, 12:44:11 PM

Fair enough but can you remember who told you about it?I don't think it came from any of the players. The rumour just began to circulate and became accepted as fact without anyone either confirming or denying it.

A very reliable source

Syferus

I can guarantee you we're not compensating McStay for all his lost work. In fact any word out of the Hatch seemed to suggest he was looking for the funds to set-up a professional structure for the senior county team, with talk of a 12 man team ready to go long before he was officially announced as manager. Smells an awful lot like BS seeded by your illustrious CB - McStay seems to have genuinely wanted to manage his native county and twice he's been told to f**k off. Few people seem to have bad words to say about McStay as a man so the idea that he was trying to milk Mayo for a load of lost personal revenue doesn't sync up at all.

Lar Naparka

Quote from: moysider on October 03, 2015, 01:32:42 PM

He was also looking to have reform and an input into development and underage structures. Couldn t be havin that now. McStay was basically telling the board what they were doing wrong and that never goes down well. It was Paddy that ridiculed McStay and not Mike I believe Lar.
Rochford presented for interview for U21 job a few years ago and also proceeded to tell the boys what needed to be done. Needless to say he didn t get the gig either, ah ye know. At least the board is consistent. They don t like people with ideas or opinions.
You're right it was Paddy but Mike just stepped in and took up where Paddy left off. he was marching to the same tune.
He got his brother who hadn't the time to take on the job on his own and he went after a man who had already said he wasn't interested and then he presented them to the players and told them to get along and mind their own businesses.
I don't know anything about Rochford  but from what I read here, he seems to be a sound man.

INDIANA

Quote from: Lar Naparka on October 03, 2015, 01:43:44 PM
Quote from: moysider on October 03, 2015, 01:32:42 PM

You're right it was Paddy but Mike just stepped in and took up where Paddy left off. he was marching to the same tune.
He got his brother who hadn't the time to take on the job on his own and he went after a man who had already said he wasn't interested and then he presented them to the players and told them to get along and mind their own businesses.
I don't know anything about Rochford  but from what I read here, he seems to be a sound man.

Would Rochford really want to walk into this crock of shit? I have some sympathy all round but Mayo are 3-4 players short and no manager can arrest that deficiency. Not even Jesus Mc Guinness

moysider

Well if Mayo look 3-4 players short Kerry looked 5-7 short in the final and could have taken a trimming.

What are Mayo supposed to do? Lie down and die?

I'll take looking a few shy this year under the circumstance. Not bad at all taking into account the dysfunctional environment they were coming from.

INDIANA

Quote from: moysider on October 03, 2015, 02:04:45 PM

Well if Mayo look 3-4 players short Kerry looked 5-7 short in the final and could have taken a trimming.

I'll take looking a few shy this year under the circumstance. Not bad at all taking into account the dysfunctional environment they were coming from.

Be careful what you wish for. James Horan is also the guy who couldn't see two Dublin players couldn't run. So it's hilarious in some respects listening to the Mayo players talking about professional environments. 2013 was lost on the line .

muppet

Quote from: INDIANA on October 03, 2015, 02:06:46 PM

Be careful what you wish for. James Horan is also the guy who couldn't see two Dublin players couldn't run. So it's hilarious in some respects listening to the Mayo players talking about professional environments. 2013 was lost on the line .

So which is it?

Are we not champions because of the sideline, or because we are missing 3 - 4 players?

And what will be it be tomorrow?
MWWSI 2017

fearsiuil

Quote from: Syferus on October 03, 2015, 01:39:05 PM

I can guarantee you we're not compensating McStay for all his lost work. In fact any word out of the Hatch seemed to suggest he was looking for the funds to set-up a professional structure for the senior county team, with talk of a 12 man team ready to go long before he was officially announced as manager. Smells an awful lot like BS seeded by your illustrious CB - McStay seems to have genuinely wanted to manage his native county and twice he's been told to f**k off. Few people seem to have bad words to say about McStay as a man so the idea that he was trying to milk Mayo for a load of lost personal revenue doesn't sync up at all.
Before you go off believing what you want to be true the reality is McStay put his cards on the table and told Mayo county board what price himself and McHale came at and it was far from cheap. His own expectation was 2.5 times what McHale was to get.

Now he goes to Roscommon and all he requests is for money to be put in place for professional structures?  You have a lot of learning to catch up on.

For the record I wanted McStay to get the gig after Horan but now he is dead to me! ;)

INDIANA

Quote from: muppet on October 03, 2015, 02:09:33 PM
Quote from: INDIANA on October 03, 2015, 02:06:46 PM

So which is it?

Are we not champions because of the sideline, or because we are missing 3 - 4 players?

And what will be it be tomorrow?

The Mayo players have never taken responsibility for the absolute skill-set failures under pressure since 2012. Do they have enough players with the individual skill to win an AI? No is the answer.

But they were presented in 2012 and 2013 with golden opportunities to win  AI titles because superior opposition under-performed on the day and gave them the chance.

In an ideal world with every county playing to it's limit Mayo are currently in my view 3 players short. A goal-keeper, a centre back and another inside forward.

Changing management team won't change that and if it's the professionalism of the outgoing management the players are unhappy about then how could they have been happy with Horan who made several blunders on the line during his tenure . That's part of the gig too. Anyone can put a professional environment in around a team. It's what you do in that environment what counts.

It's surreal really. You're in a whole pile of trouble and the players have to produce the goods next year. Maybe it will be the making of them.

Unless I knew of the players needed to get the team over the line were easily identifiable within the county I wouldn't take it until some of the Backroom Lawyers on the panel were gone

Alan Freeman training with Vincents as well in Dublin at present.