Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

southtyronegael

yeah they didnt seem to have many answers in u21 ulster final last year either. seemed very negative and one dimensional. there is no way they will go in for senior job against harte anyway so id rule them out for now. pity cause i had high hopes for them

southtyronegael

Quote from: teaminamillion on March 23, 2017, 06:39:31 PM
Irish news off the fence interesting read today especially Tyrone supporter since the seventies 'Austin'. Unfortunately this is the very sad state of affairs we are in. Of course the Irish news gave their customary sneering response to Austin. Nobody but nobody criticizes our Mickey in their eyes.
seen that too. looks like there are alot more 'austins' out there other than whats on here.

longballin

Irish News eats out of Mickey's hands - lap dogs

BennyHarp

Quote from: southtyronegael on March 23, 2017, 11:22:19 PM
Quote from: teaminamillion on March 23, 2017, 06:39:31 PM
Irish news off the fence interesting read today especially Tyrone supporter since the seventies 'Austin'. Unfortunately this is the very sad state of affairs we are in. Of course the Irish news gave their customary sneering response to Austin. Nobody but nobody criticizes our Mickey in their eyes.
seen that too. looks like there are alot more 'austins' out there other than whats on here.

There were lots of "Austins" when Down beat us in 2008 too. I'd prefer to just get behind the team, but sure, each to their own.
That was never a square ball!!

teaminamillion

Logan didn't do himself any favours by acting the princess with the county board last year. That time he threatened to walk if Mickey Harte didn't get a new deal. In hindsight the county board should have chased the whole bloody lot of them. That includes canavan! No man is bigger than our great county!

Dire Ear

Quote from: RedHandTom on March 23, 2017, 11:10:21 PM
Two awful showings in Ballybofey in the space of 4 days. Was at the u21 game last night. We were beaten by a better side hands down. I watched Logan and Dooher on the line with no answers and ran around like two headless chickens. To any of you saying they should take over from Mickey. Think again.
Would have to agree with this;  used to go to all U-21 games and most senior,  but this last couple of years,  it's hard to watch.  And no, that U-21 management is not good enough.  Tyrone need to attack, stop handpassing sieways, and get the players PLAYING football

vallankumous

Quote from: Legoman5 on March 23, 2017, 10:54:28 AM

How is it that TTM cudnt radio broastcast it online and yet Michael Murphy was allowed to stream it live online on his business page??

He might not have been allowed but did it anyway.

bigpackiechestout

Quote from: vallankumous on March 24, 2017, 09:44:43 AM
Quote from: Legoman5 on March 23, 2017, 10:54:28 AM

How is it that TTM cudnt radio broastcast it online and yet Michael Murphy was allowed to stream it live online on his business page??

He might not have been allowed but did it anyway.

What is the story with Teamtalk? They've been frantically appealing for people to sign their petition but as far as I've seen they haven't actually given an explanation as to why their coverage is being restricted

Fuzzman

Apparently the GAA don't recognise them as being a local radio station and don't want them broadcasting live GAA games.

I don't know for sure but it sounds to me like the GAA are trying to clamp down on this online broadcasting of matches as there is no revenue in it for them and they have no control over it.

bigpackiechestout

Quote from: Fuzzman on March 24, 2017, 10:40:13 AM
Apparently the GAA don't recognise them as being a local radio station and don't want them broadcasting live GAA games.

I don't know for sure but it sounds to me like the GAA are trying to clamp down on this online broadcasting of matches as there is no revenue in it for them and they have no control over it.

I wonder does that apply to all games or just senior intercounty ones? Did teamtalk broadcast the u21 game midweek? At face value it sounds very petty from the GAA, I'd imagine 99% of the games teamtalk cover aren't broadcast by another station anyway and so aren't detracting from GAA revenue.

longballin

Something gone wrong in development of players under Harte after the first squad that was handed to him on a plate - remember 2008 All Ireland minors best three players Coney, McNiece and McKenna all sacrificed to a rubbish system of play.

bigpackiechestout

Quote from: longballin on March 24, 2017, 10:51:28 AM
Something gone wrong in development of players under Harte after the first squad that was handed to him on a plate - remember 2008 All Ireland minors best three players Coney, McNiece and McKenna all sacrificed to a rubbish system of play.

You can lead a horse to water... Coney and McNeice had plenty of chances and never did it and eventually showed that their attitude stank. Mckenna had his chances too but unfortunately was plagued by injuries

Redhand Santa

Harte didn't manage the u21's, did the lads go on to star and win All Ireland's there? Mattie Donnelly, McNabb and Harte have come through well from that team. No doubt Harte had no influence on that, just on the one's that didn't make it.

longballin

Quote from: Redhand Santa on March 24, 2017, 11:02:46 AM

Harte didn't manage the u21's, did the lads go on to star and win All Ireland's there? Mattie Donnelly, McNabb and Harte have come through well from that team. No doubt Harte had no influence on that, just on the one's that didn't make it.

Certainly had an influence on Petie moved players all over the place to accomodate him and to be fair he eventually came right...

southtyronegael

The star player from our last 3 ai minor winning teams have all gone by the wayside cause of Harte. Mulgrew 04 coney 08 and now r o neill. Anyone see the pattern?