Premier League 2019/20

Started by Boycey, June 10, 2019, 01:16:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Boycey

Just read that fixtures are out this Thursday  :o

GetOverTheBar

Oh yes, two horse race though. Hard to see anything happening that would change the order really of this season. Maybe Arsenal / Chelsea shift a few spots down. Spurs / Utd potentially replace those.

Interesting to see the promoted teams-as always they'll be written off but no doubt 1 at least will stay up.

Brigton under immense pressure straight off the bat. Southampton have been asking for trouble for a few years too. Newcastle will be praying the takeover happens, if it doesn't, maybe not even Rafa can save them.

Hound

Way too early to speculate given there's a summer of transfers to occur, but here goes.....

I don't think there's any way Liverpool will match the points total of last year, but high 80s, maybe 90 is doable.

So need City to regress a bit to give us a chance of winning the league. To put 2 back-to-back league seasons together like they have is incredible. Losing Kompany will be a big dent, and I've an inkling that Sergio will move on (clearly doesn't get on with Pep), and he'd be a huge loss. Although no doubt they'll spend big again and add some new names.

Assuming Chelsea lose Hazard, then I think United are best placed for 3rd. Although I'm very unsure about Solksjaer.

I think if any of the top 6 get their hands on Declan Rice it would improve them hugely. 

Puckoon

Quote from: Hound on June 10, 2019, 02:53:29 PM
Way too early to speculate given there's a summer of transfers to occur, but here goes.....

I don't think there's any way Liverpool will match the points total of last year, but high 80s, maybe 90 is doable.

So need City to regress a bit to give us a chance of winning the league. To put 2 back-to-back league seasons together like they have is incredible. Losing Kompany will be a big dent, and I've an inkling that Sergio will move on (clearly doesn't get on with Pep), and he'd be a huge loss. Although no doubt they'll spend big again and add some new names.

Assuming Chelsea lose Hazard, then I think United are best placed for 3rd. Although I'm very unsure about Solksjaer.

I think if any of the top 6 get their hands on Declan Rice it would improve them hugely.

Think it's already official - revealed by RM last week.

Hard to see much change at the top. With Chelsea losing hazard I think it makes the battle for 3rd and 4th a little more open.

ziggy90

I wonder who City will get to replace Kompany?
If they offered enough do you think Van Dijk would go?
Questions that shouldn't be asked shouldn't be answered

toby47

Quote from: ziggy90 on June 10, 2019, 06:16:30 PM

Not a hope

lurganblue

It's just great to be involved again. Up the Villa.

Esmarelda

Did Kompany play that much, bar the latter games?

ziggy90

Quote from: toby47 on June 11, 2019, 08:32:06 AM

You have a lot of faith in a footballer's royalty.?

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: ziggy90 on June 11, 2019, 10:28:04 AM

VVD has already asked the club himself to extend his contract as he is very happy.  There is something big happening at Liverpool and he will become a true legend in a club that has history.  He may become a legend elsewhere but they won't remember him in 20 years time the way he would be remembered in Anfield

laoislad

When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on June 11, 2019, 10:34:45 AM

VVD has already asked the club himself to extend his contract as he is very happy.  There is something big happening at Liverpool and he will become a true legend in a club that has history.  He may become a legend elsewhere but they won't remember him in 20 years time the way he would be remembered in Anfield

Echo's of Coutinho, Suarez, Torres et al.

Although Liverpool look to be on or at the top of the upward curve.

ziggy90

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on June 11, 2019, 10:34:45 AM

That may or may not be the case but in the modern game the only thing that matters is ££'s.
I'd say Van Dijk is the one player who Pep would really covet, (for his football ability and leadership qualities) and if he decides to make a play for him iI'd say you wouldn't want to bet your house against him going.
Maybe I'm just a bit too cynical but it's my honest opinion.

Boycey

Shocking use of the quote function boys. 

EVERY player has his price but in the normal scheme of things I'd see no way he'd leave Liverpool for City

toby47

In the Pep/City documentary on Amazon prime last year city pulled out of the race for Van Dijk as they didn't value him at 75million.

A bad error of judgement