Official Cavan GAA Thread

Started by BallyhaiseMan, November 10, 2006, 01:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BallyhaiseMan

So, Mossy Corr,Ronan Flanagan,Mark McKeever  are definitely gone and "supposedly" Jack Brady,Martin Dunne, and Barry Reily aren't going to be in the panel in 2016,With Givney,Keating and Enda Hessin approached about rejoining the panel.  I know they played a trial game against Meath in the last couple of weeks with a number of new lads tried out.

rodney trotter

McKeever having an operation on his knee. Flanagan getting married. Corr is a good commitmed player but not really County standard, needless sending off against Roscommon probaly wouldn't have helped his chances of game time this year either.

Would like to see Barry Doyle in there, as much talent as a lot of the lads that been there the last few years.

redzone

Flanagan will be a big miss but surely getting married isn't a reason to quit county football. Surely that's not the reason

Westside

BHM are you getting the supposeds from Hoganstand? If so that guy is a complete moron who posts lies constantly.

McKeever isn't really a loss, didn't get enough game time, a fantastic servant though. Flanagan and Corr are losses, Corr was one of our best players this year and was very effective around the middle. Flanagan, well that's a solid presence gone. Jack, Martin and Barry.. We had a flash from Dunne against Galway and Barry against Roscommon in the Championship but 3 fringe players in reality.

I'd be interested to see what David Brady could do if he was given a run at Senior Level.

Good stock of talent this year in the U21s.. Tomas Galligan, David Brady, Pearse Smith, Liam Galligan, Ben Kelly, Tom Hayes, Barry Fortune, Ryan Connolly... Tyrone in Breffni in the first round, reigning All Ireland Champions.

BallyhaiseMan

Quote from: Westside on November 06, 2015, 06:15:20 PM
BHM are you getting the supposeds from Hoganstand? If so that guy is a complete moron who posts lies constantly.

McKeever isn't really a loss, didn't get enough game time, a fantastic servant though. Flanagan and Corr are losses, Corr was one of our best players this year and was very effective around the middle. Flanagan, well that's a solid presence gone. Jack, Martin and Barry.. We had a flash from Dunne against Galway and Barry against Roscommon in the Championship but 3 fringe players in reality.

I'd be interested to see what David Brady could do if he was given a run at Senior Level.

Good stock of talent this year in the U21s.. Tomas Galligan, David Brady, Pearse Smith, Liam Galligan, Ben Kelly, Tom Hayes, Barry Fortune, Ryan Connolly... Tyrone in Breffni in the first round, reigning All Ireland Champions.

I heard about Jack Brady and Martin Dunne from other sources,both weren't happy with their game time this year,and to be fair i couldn't blame them if they didn't go back in. Barry Reily i seen on hoganstand and that would be a suprise,I'd have thought Hyland would probably have given him a chance to claim the centre forward position,after the impact he made against Roscommon.

Westside

If you play as poorly as Dunne did in most of Cavan's games in the League I don't see how you can complain about lack of game time. Same goes for Jack Brady. Is Barry Reilly robust enough to nail down a starting place? I'm not sure he is. If they're having trial games already how do they still not have selectors in place?

mylestheslasher

I got to see a fair few cavan matches last year and Dunne was crap in all except for when he came on against Galway. He hasn't much pace and is totally lacking power and strength. In fact I think he owes Hyland for putting a player which his physique into a championship team at all where Keating was winning the ball for him and he was sticking it over. Everyone knows the accuracy he possesses but based on last year he cant have any complaints.

I think Barry Reilly is at a cross roads. I don't know his personal circumstances regarding work etc but he needs to bulk up too and start to look like a county player. There is no way he would play an ulster championship game on the 40 as he'd be fired around like a rag doll. I like his ability and I like his confidence but that isn't enough.

Corr would be a miss, an unsung hero.

McKeever a great servant and its a credit to him that he stuck in there and probably was a great guy to have on a panel to talk to the young lads but he was a 15 minute man at best last year and his best years are behind him. He was a credit.

Flanagan will be a miss, experienced, pacey and versatile. I never heard him whinging about managers so I presume he has his reasons this year and in fairness he owes nobody anything.

Jack Brady - hasn't shown himself to be up to the level yet, maybe he needs a break as hes been on the go a long time for a young lad.

cavanmaniac

Lads generally wouldn't walk away from a team or squad they thought was going places or building towards something. If all we're reading or hearing is true, coupled with the lack of movement on the backroom team, then I'm even more uncomfortable with the decision to hang on to Terry now than I was when it was announced.

It's supposed to be a make or break year for this project but instead of decisive planning and progress, we have stagnation and a degree of unravelling.

rodney trotter

It would be unravelling if it was Rory Dunne or Gearoroid McKierann walking away. Mark McKeeever I thought should have featured more in the last few years for Cavan, I would rate him as a better football then Ronan Flanagan. Mossy Corr  I saw a few times this year with Denn and you wouldn't think he was a County player ,same as Jack brady with Ramor.

mrdeeds

Castlerahan down to play Saturday in under 21s and Sunday in seniors. Season should be winding down, not accelerating.

rodney trotter

The Breffni league Semi on Sunday. A League which starts in Feburary and still manages to drag on till Novemeber. Castlerahan have the other ACFL semi to be played too.

cavan4sam

Castlerahan beat Mullahoran in the Breffni League semi last night and will now face Ballyhaise in the final. Their U21s drew with Assan Gaels on Saturday night. A number of players were left with a turn around of less than 24 hours.

They apparently face 2 games next weekend again now as they face Kingscourt in the ACFL semi on Friday night and the replay of the U21 on Sunday.

Its a joke that this is the situation we are left in in Cavan. Its not as though the county team had an extended run in the championship, they were knocked out in early July.

mrdeeds

Yeah two games again. Under 21 replay Friday and league semi Sunday. The County Board really doing their bit for player welfare.

tommysmith

Is there a Senior Managment team in place yet?

mylestheslasher

Quote from: tommysmith on November 30, 2015, 06:55:47 PM
Is there a Senior Managment team in place yet?
Its dragging on a bit at this stage. Haven't even heard a rumour or two.