TG4 - Club Championships Coverage

Started by drici, September 23, 2007, 05:05:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildweasel74

Getting a black card for pushing a player coming in front of him, monaghan got 4 yellow card in 12mins last week, 3 of which were drag down which should been black cards but ref didn't apply the rules, and this week the ref giving a black card for very little.

larryin89

Kilmaine match not on tg4 ? Mayogaa tv doing anything for it ?
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

drici

Change in format this year for anybody going out to watch the games:

As you approach the bar/Club, the crowd will not be coming out the windees. There may well not be a statutory wee folk group playing in the corner with the sound drowned out by the cacophony of revellers. Good chance that there will not be an Irish Dancing display at the break. No green beer on sale. No free reinforced paper bowl of Irish stew and a bit of wheaten.
A large percentage of the crowd could possibly not be half tore by the time the 2nd match commences.

Dia Domhnaigh   19 - 01 - 2020
Ballyhale Shamrocks v Borris Ileigh    beo
2-00pm

Corofin v Kilcoo Eoghan Rua   beo
4-00pm

Milltown Row2

Quote from: drici on January 13, 2020, 03:49:52 PM
Change in format this year for anybody going out to watch the games:

As you approach the bar/Club, the crowd will not be coming out the windees. There may well not be a statutory wee folk group playing in the corner with the sound drowned out by the cacophony of revellers. Good chance that there will not be an Irish Dancing display at the break. No green beer on sale. No free reinforced paper bowl of Irish stew and a bit of wheaten.
A large percentage of the crowd could possibly not be half tore by the time the 2nd match commences.

Dia Domhnaigh   19 - 01 - 2020
Ballyhale Shamrocks v Borris Ileigh    beo
2-00pm

Corofin v Kilcoo Eoghan Rua   beo
4-00pm

I'll be at the club hopefully, but it will be strange, very strange to what I've been used to for past 30 odd years, I know people what it finished in the calendar year, but it's the best occasion for the best teams on the best Irish event of the year.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Eire90

These Games should be on rte aswell they are the club finals like you could say the all Ireland club final is the 2nd biggest game in gaelic football i would rate and all Ireland club title bigger than a inter country provincial title.

Eire90

What crowd are the expecting on sunday

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Eire90 on January 16, 2020, 03:00:44 PM
What crowd are the expecting on sunday

On St Patrick's day generally 24 plus thousand I thought, I'm not 100% sure
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

drici

Dia hAoine   17 - 07 - 2020
Saint Martins v Oulart the Ballagh   beo
7-30pm

Dia Domhnaigh   19 - 07 - 2020
Kilmacud Crokes v Ballyboden Saint Endas   beo
3-00pm

drici

Dia hAoine   24 - 07 - 2020
Na Piarsaigh v Kilmallock   beo
7-30pm

Dia Domhnaigh   26 - 07 - 2020
Carbery Rangers v Castlehaven    beo
2-30pm

Sarsfields v Portumna   iarbheo

drici

Dia hAoine   31 - 07 - 2020
Ballyhale Shamrocks v Tullaroan   beo
7-30pm

Dia Domhnaigh   02 - 08 - 2020
Corofin v Oughterard    beo
2-30pm

Simonstown Gaels v Skryne   iarbheo

The earliest mention of a football team in the parish of Skryne relates to a twenty-one-a-side team known as The Kilanna Shamrocks, centred on Grange and functioning around 1900 but unfortunately no record exists of any of the games played by this team. Players mentioned were Dick and Tom Corcoran of Trevitt, Jack Dillon of Oberstown and brothers Paddy, Peter and Mick O'Bnen of Marshalistown. The latter was grandfather of Paddy and Miceal of '49/'54 fame. Around 1906/'07 a Skryne team reached the final of a tournament in Mullafin v. Ardcath. A great footballer named Jack McCarthy, together with the late Dan Killeen of The Naul and Jack Hand (father of Tommy, Ja and Christo) were on the Ardcath team that day. This was practically the same Skryne team as in photograph taken in 1910 . They wore green jerseys with a gold diagonal sash similar to the jerseys worn by Meath county teams up to the thirties. The greatest achievement by this team was to reach the Meath Junior Foot- ball Championship final in 1912 in which they were beaten by Carnaross. This entitled Carnaross to select the county team with four players from the rest of the county. Paddy Callaghan was the only Skryne player chosen and he thus became the first player from the club to play on a Meath football selection. For the record Meath beat Louth and then Westmeath but lost by 1 point to Carlow in the final of the 1913 Leinster J.F.C. The Great War of l914-'18 and the Troubles in Ireland in the 'twenties left a void which was filled when a team was formed in Oberstown in 1922 by Paddy Dolan, Mickey O'Brien and Christie McBride. Players included Ben Smith (captain); T. Halligan, P. Halligan, Jim Tancred, Martin Dolan, Bill Logan, Bob Douglas, and Johnnie O'Brien. There is a suggestion that their colours were black. and amber (Kilkenny style).

This team only existed for two years. On one occasion in 1922 the Oberstown team was rounded up by the Black and Tans while practising. They were all brought down to Oberstown Crossroads and made to wipe out an "Up the I.R.A." sign which had been daubed on Charles's wall and instead paint in its place: "God save the King". Bill Logan and Martin Dolan were taken to Dunshaughlin Barracks that evening but were not detained. In or about 1926/'27 Paddy Callagahan was instrumental in reforming the Skryne team with the assistance of Martin Moore who was then a steward in Corbalton and Brian Smith who had arrived in Skryne as a National Teacher.
http://www.skrynegfc.ie/club-history

imtommygunn

Where was the castle haven carbery rangers game played at? I assume ucc? Looked some setup.

imtommygunn

Cheers ciarrai_thuaidh - it looks like some setup. I don't think I've ever seen a ground with so many sponsorship banners round the side of it either. The more the camera panned out the more you could see of the complex - it's huge.

Dinny Breen

Kildare GAA are streaming three championship games on Saturday. €5 per game or €10 for all three.

All proceeds are going towards Barretstown. A fantastic gesture.
#newbridgeornowhere

Rossfan

Well done KCB.
Ros CB doing 2 games per weekend €5 per game. The 2 last weekend were value for money anyway - Clann/Brids and Boyle/Pearses.
Meanwhile very disappointing to see a well known Cork GAA club with the English version of their name emblazoned on the back of the Jersey.
Obviously never read the first 2 leathanaigh of an T.O.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM