Ban the Burka or Boris

Started by Insane Bolt, August 08, 2018, 08:34:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Insane Bolt

Well the gift that is Boris keeps on giving
https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/tories-at-war-after-boris-johnsons-burka-rant-as-theresa-may-refuses-to-suspend-him/ar-BBLDlVl?li=BBoPWjQ

I have to admit that I don't think the burka has anyplace in western society. Imagine the uproar if a section of men decided that they wanted to wear balaclavas as part of their culture.

Anyway fire away, what do you all think?

Hardy

bennydorano

In his original article in the Telegraph he concluded by saying they should NOT be banned.

As someone there stated it's a dog-whistle for a leadership challenge, not hugely offensive in it's own right but hitting a lot of right-wing markers.

cjx

Quote from: Insane Bolt on August 08, 2018, 08:34:05 AM
Well the gift that is Boris keeps on giving
https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/tories-at-war-after-boris-johnsons-burka-rant-as-theresa-may-refuses-to-suspend-him/ar-BBLDlVl?li=BBoPWjQ

I have to admit that I don't think the burka has anyplace in western society. Imagine the uproar if a section of men decided that they wanted to wear balaclavas as part of their culture.

Anyway fire away, what do you all think?
I believe full facial cover is not on in today's 'terrorist' threatened society. That is the main problem. As far as I am concerned people can wear whatever they like as long as their face from eyebrows to under chin and ear to ear are visible to all others also as long as their clothes are not obviously offensive to children. Islam like all religions is not the real problem it is how all 'ism's' are used to facilitate corruption and misery arising from power and its abuse. Prejudice is essentially for me the failure to fairly recognise the individual. Influenced by culture  and backgound as we all are the commonality between all the individuals of our species is far greater than the differences culturally and genetically. So to recognise the individual and avoid more predjudice I think its only fair if I can see their face (unless fairly and fully justified by needs of personal protection from injury which clearly demand otherwise).

Sweeper 123

Do they look like letterboxes ? Is it similar to what a bank robber would wear ?  was it only fact that he was stating?

sid waddell

The thing about Boris Johnson is that he doesn't actually believe in anything, other than his own self-aggrandisement.

He's a vapid, vacuous con man who markets himself to vapid, vacuous racist fools, because he knows that's where his market is.

He's not a full blown racist - he'd never have the conviction to actually be a proper racist, he just likes to throw bones to racists, bones which he knows they'll love.

He's the perfect poster boy for the utter vapidity, cowardice, moronicism and total intellectual bankruptcy of "conservative" politics everywhere these days, a "politics" whose entire existence is based on nothing more than cheap, shit wind ups and a delusion that time can be reset to 1914.

He's a f**king pathetic figure.

Insane Bolt

Gabriel_Hurl

Quote from: sid waddell on August 08, 2018, 11:12:42 AM
The thing about Boris Johnson is that he doesn't actually believe in anything, other than his own self-aggrandisement.

He's a vapid, vacuous con man who markets himself to vapid, vacuous racist fools, because he knows that's where his market is.

He's not a full blown racist - he'd never have the conviction to actually be a proper racist, he just likes to throw bones to racists, bones which he knows they'll love.

He's the perfect poster boy for the utter vapidity, cowardice, moronicism and total intellectual bankruptcy of "conservative" politics everywhere these days, a "politics" whose entire existence is based on nothing more than cheap, shit wind ups and a delusion that time can be reset to 1914.

someone had word of the day toilet paper evidently - today's word being vapid

Insane Bolt

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/burkas-are-like-wearing-a-crucifix-and-should-be-defended-says-ruth-davidson-as-boris-row-escalates/ar-BBLFvL3?li=BBoPWjQ

I've yet to see the crucifix that hides someone's identity 😳 Further confirmation if any were needed that most of these politicians are living in a parallel universe.

MoChara

When the Ra were blowing up London they weren't usually wearing balaclavas, plus most jihadis end goal is to kill themselves during the action so I don't really see how banning a burka helps that when they want to be known for what they did.

imtommygunn

Quote from: Hardy on August 08, 2018, 09:07:06 AM
I think this fella has it spot on.

;D

Class. A buffoon boris is not but hopefully they will kick him out of that party.

yellowcard

Quote from: sid waddell on August 08, 2018, 11:12:42 AM

Perfect summation.

trailer

Boris is a dangerous man, he's certainly not the fool he portrays himself to be.

The Burka should be banned though.