What are you doing for Lent?

Started by BennyCake, February 26, 2020, 04:17:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tyrdub

This year I'm going off giving a f£ck - not one f3ck will be given

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: north_antrim_hound on February 27, 2020, 08:53:05 AM
Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on February 27, 2020, 08:25:24 AM
We all know that 1 day during his fast Jesus called his mate Paddy over for the sesh. This is irrefutable as there's no evidence to say it didn't happen and that's where the St Paddy's Day Sesh tradition began and why Irish people can break lent ....ipso facto up your bum

Those seshes where abolished during the reformation and never returned. Jesus lost his zest for fun and went all business. These days for spiritual presence he demands rates as high as 26% ask Jeff Right.

Anyway I'm off chocolate digestives which are more addictive than cocaine or meth especially when someone brings tea into the frey. I could hoover up half a packet in one sitting when a brew is introduced so wish me luck. If anyone hears of any Mc Vitie  addiction groups in the north Antrim area let me know.

I see your choc digestives and raise you Jamie dodgers....a pint of milk and a pack of 8 can be consumed during the half time chat on the Sunday Game.  Bastardos have created the double pack. Should be classified as inhuman and degrading....time to stop being a fat cnut I suppose

johnnycool

Quote from: Farrandeelin on February 26, 2020, 09:56:55 PM
All sweet treats. Today was tough as there's a lot of biscuits in the press.

Is your press in the larder in the scullery?

Love those old words

laoislad

We all know that 1 day during his fast Jesus called his mate Paddy over for the sesh. This is irrefutable as there's no evidence to say it didn't happen and that's where the St Paddy's Day Sesh tradition began and why Irish people can break lent ....ipso facto up your bum

Those seshes where abolished during the reformation and never returned. Jesus lost his zest for fun and went all business. These days for spiritual presence he demands rates as high as 26% ask Jeff Right.

Anyway I'm off chocolate digestives which are more addictive than cocaine or meth especially when someone brings tea into the frey. I could hoover up half a packet in one sitting when a brew is introduced so wish me luck. If anyone hears of any Mc Vitie  addiction groups in the north Antrim area let me know.
Chocolate Hob Nobs piss all over Chocolate Digestives.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Rois on February 26, 2020, 10:40:06 PM
Same, and add crisps to that. There'll be free Creme Eggs in the reception of my office building soon - hard to resist, but the stock-pile is worth it.
Could easily give up chocolate and sweets but crisps might be a stretch. The fact that I don't give up any of them is my main issue. The wife is putting me under serious pressure to shift some timber for a wedding later in the year. I've told her I can't start too early in case I put it back on again  :-\

Tony Baloney

Quote from: laoislad on February 27, 2020, 09:19:37 AM

Agree. Dark Chocolate Hobnobs > Chocolate Hobnobs > Dark Chocolate Digestives > Chocolate Digestives. I'd eat half a pack of any of them though without breaking stride  :'(

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: Tony Baloney on February 27, 2020, 10:05:55 AM
Same, and add crisps to that. There'll be free Creme Eggs in the reception of my office building soon - hard to resist, but the stock-pile is worth it.
Could easily give up chocolate and sweets but crisps might be a stretch. The fact that I don't give up any of them is my main issue. The wife is putting me under serious pressure to shift some timber for a wedding later in the year. I've told her I can't start too early in case I put it back on again  :-\

There's a easy answer or that one
Mine suggested I needed to lose some weight and a diet of some description. I informed her of the fact that men burn 100 calories during sex so maybe ten times a week would be suffice for the required weight loss. She was non responsive to this and the love handles remained in place.
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: laoislad on February 27, 2020, 09:19:37 AM

Dude we agree on most things soccer that's for sure but your talking through your ars.e here. Milk chocolate digestives rule and your talking to someone with hands on extensive experience on the subject of testing new products.
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

Ball Hopper

What's the official ruling on Sunday fasting during Lent?

BennyCake

Quote from: Ball Hopper on February 27, 2020, 06:03:34 PM

I could never figure out why Sunday's weren't counted as part of the days in Lent. Did Jesus then come in for a pint and a creme egg every Sunday or what? The bible kept that quiet.

I do the full Lent, Patrick's day included. Chocolate, buns, takeaways, crisps, lemonades etc.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: north_antrim_hound on February 27, 2020, 10:16:58 AM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on February 27, 2020, 10:05:55 AM

There's a easy answer or that one
Mine suggested I needed to lose some weight and a diet of some description. I informed her of the fact that men burn 100 calories during sex so maybe ten times a week would be suffice for the required weight loss. She was non responsive to this and the love handles remained in place.
I suspect I'd receive the same response here!

Ball Hopper

Quote from: BennyCake on February 27, 2020, 06:43:37 PM

I could never figure out why Sunday's weren't counted as part of the days in Lent. Did Jesus then come in for a pint and a creme egg every Sunday or what? The bible kept that quiet.

I do the full Lent, Patrick's day included. Chocolate, buns, takeaways, crisps, lemonades etc.

Thought Jesus was more a wine man than pints.

illdecide

Giving up work for Lent, sticking to it so far. Ohh and all the stuff that makes u fat...
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

armaghniac

No need to fast, just abstain from sex.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

dec

From Ash Wednesday to Holy Saturday is 46 days, 40 fasting days and 6 Sundays