Shamrock Rovers Ultras

Started by 15 Johnny Blues, April 04, 2007, 05:21:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bensars

er mad i say, yer mad ::)
Quote from: dublinfella on April 19, 2007, 09:47:35 PM
Quote from: blast05 on April 19, 2007, 09:36:55 PM
QuoteLet's say Tallaght Stadium has a capacity of 2,000. Rovers fill it 40 times a year

That would be the Shamrock Rovers ice hockey team or something that play 40 home games per season ?! an 80 game season ??

they have a guaranteed right to hire the park for 40 games a season whether they take it or not is another issue. 20 league games, various cup games, friendlies, reserve team, u21's, ladies. im sure it will add up.

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

The financiers must be delighted that the development cost will be recouped from the Massive  ;D reserve, u-21 and ladies attendences.

Is there any word yet whether these games will be all ticket ? Demand will be through the roof !!

dublinfella

Quote from: Bensars on April 20, 2007, 01:29:52 PM
er mad i say, yer mad ::)
Quote from: dublinfella on April 19, 2007, 09:47:35 PM
Quote from: blast05 on April 19, 2007, 09:36:55 PM
QuoteLet's say Tallaght Stadium has a capacity of 2,000. Rovers fill it 40 times a year

That would be the Shamrock Rovers ice hockey team or something that play 40 home games per season ?! an 80 game season ??

they have a guaranteed right to hire the park for 40 games a season whether they take it or not is another issue. 20 league games, various cup games, friendlies, reserve team, u21's, ladies. im sure it will add up.

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

The financiers must be delighted that the development cost will be recouped from the Massive  ;D reserve, u-21 and ladies attendences.

Is there any word yet whether these games will be all ticket ? Demand will be through the roof !!

as opposed to the Thomas Davis minor c's? this tit for tat shite could go on all day.

anyone here a member of St Marks in Tallaght? Can they tell us about them withdrawing support from TD? Lucan Sarsfields also had their grant witheld (as I said would happen last year btw....). The hand that feeds is being withdrawn

magickingdom

Dublinfella:
"The hand that feeds is being withdrawn"

there is a good chance that in 2 months time there will be a different gov, there is a near certainty that there will be a different minister for sport. john o donoghue 'promise' will have been kept to the best of his ability and the new guy will do his thing whatever that is. that is what tds 'won' in the high court.....

Onlooker

Did anyone see Drogheda manager Paul Doolin on TV3 Sports News last night.  Despite winning the game he was extremely angry at the treatment that one of his players received from "a section of Shamrock Rovers supporters".  What was it about, as it must have been pretty bad to judge by Doolin's comments.

tayto

No idea, no doubt Dublin fella can fill us in.

AZOffaly

I caught a small bit on the radio this morning. It appears one of the Drogheda players (Webb?) recently lost his wife and is just back playing after her death. Some of the Rovers fans were giving him some verbals over it.

Would you expect more?

Hardy

Onlooker

Classy guys these Rovers fans.

blast05

There was a section of the Rovers support chanting abuse at Webb about his wifes death either during the match or in a minutes silence before it according to Newstalk (i was only half listening until it grabbed my attention so not sure which it was). I think Webb is an ex Rovers player so in fairness to the Shamrock Rovers fans, they had good reason  ::) ::) :'(  >:(

Interesting that RTE didn't see fit to mention it on their website report  .... http://www.rte.ie/sport/2007/0420/shamrock1.html  ..... can you imagine the abuse the GAA would have got in the media if a similar event occurred at a GAA match

Main Street

Quote from: AZOffaly on April 21, 2007, 05:09:51 PM
I caught a small bit on the radio this morning. It appears one of the Drogheda players (Webb?) recently lost his wife and is just back playing after her death. Some of the Rovers fans were giving him some verbals over it.

Would you expect more?
"Some verbals" doesn't quite explain it.
There are different versions flying around. Most are agreed on something very like "isn't cancer a bitch" was shouted at Simon Webb whenever he was playing close to the more noxious of the Rovers supporters. Webb's wife I think died from cancer. That's why Doolin was livid and Webb was reported to be shattered.

tayto

I'm actually taken aback. What utter fuckin scum.

hoop

I know that GAA heads are fond of generalization, but any suggestion that this kind of behavior is typical of Rovers fans is absolutely ludicrous. Genuine Rovers fans abhor such carry-on and condemn it unreservedly. There are many Rovers members, volunteers and genuine fans (I'm all three) and after all the time, effort and money put in, it is nauseating to see such lowlife turn up at Rovers matches, intent on aping there lowlife counterparts across the water. Their is absolutely NO excuse for the infantile chants heard last night. The Rovers board has issued an apology on www.shamrockrovers.ie - and if the perpetrators can be identified, they will be barred from future games.

tayto

Fair enough hoop, i'm not taring all hoops fans, i'm sure it was a tiny minority but the mind boggles at anyone stooping so low. On top of the recent banner it dosent reflect well on your fanbase at all.

Main Street

Quote from: hoop on April 21, 2007, 07:00:24 PM
I know that GAA heads are fond of generalization, but any suggestion that this kind of behavior is typical of Rovers fans is absolutely ludicrous. Genuine Rovers fans abhor such carry-on and condemn it unreservedly. There are many Rovers members, volunteers and genuine fans (I'm all three) and after all the time, effort and money put in, it is nauseating to see such lowlife turn up at Rovers matches, intent on aping there lowlife counterparts across the water. Their is absolutely NO excuse for the infantile chants heard last night. The Rovers board has issued an apology on www.shamrockrovers.ie - and if the perpetrators can be identified, they will be barred from future games.
It isn't an appropriate time in the thread to attempt to split my side with laughter with starting your post like that.
Any idea why the sick abuse was not reported to the stewards or were there any reports of other fans trying to stop them?

tayto

ha, good point main street, start with a massive contradiction, accuse GAA fans as a whiole of being fond of generalisations hahahahaha  ::)