FAI...Spring friendlies for Interim Manager - Belgium/Swiss

Started by CĂșig huaire, November 19, 2009, 01:34:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Billys Boots

QuoteMore FAI incompetence...

At least they have a player accountability system, unlike ...

Where's me coat?
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

Geoff Tipps

Quote from: STREET FIGHTER on November 01, 2010, 07:57:58 PM
Quote from: Denn Forever on November 01, 2010, 07:52:49 PM
Saw this in yesterday's Tribune.  Would he be a good addition or no better than we have/

Noble set to join Irish band as Alex keeps Gunners on Song
premier league Speculation that West Ham ace will feature in Friday's Trapattoni squad
Ciaran Cronin, Emirates Stadium

The right note: Arsenal's Alex Song (left) is challenged by Luis Boa Morte of West Ham United during their Premier League match at the Emirates Stadium Mark Noble yesterday proved what an asset he could be to Giovanni Trapattoni's Ireland as West Ham were narrowly beaten by Arsenal at the Emirates, courtesy of a headed goal from Alex Song's two minutes from time.

Strong rumours have been circulating in recent days that the former England under-21 captain, born and bred in East London but 'Irish' by virtue of one of his grandparents, is close to declaring for Trapattoni's side and may well be included in the squad for the friendly against Norway on 17 November at the Aviva Stadium.

Irish assistant manager Marco Tardelli was at Upton Park on Wednesday when the player came off the bench on 72 minutes with West Ham 1-0 down to Stoke City in the League Cup. Noble contributed richly to his side's comeback that evening and was a force again yesterday.

With a neat touch here, a clever pass there, he was involved in all of West Ham's best play while the player's 30-yard run and rasping drive on 35 minutes forced Lukasz Fabianski into a very important save.

His delivery from set-pieces, which he deliberately placed as close as possible to Arsenal's keeper, were also extremely effective on the day.

Trapattoni, who must surely be keeping a close eye on the player, will also have been impressed by Noble's energy and discipline. Playing in a three-man midfield alongside Scott Parker and Luis Boa Morte, Noble kept as much of an eye on his defensive duties as his attacking ones.

All in all, he would represent a significant addition to the Irish ranks. The Noble camp have been quiet on the rumours this week but, interestingly, have not gone out of their way to dismiss them out of hand. Trapattoni names his squad for the Norway game on Friday.

October 31, 2010

Now that would be a great capture!!

Just had his appendix out so won't be named in the squad for the Norway game.

Doogie Browser

Quote from: Geoff Tipps on November 02, 2010, 01:38:35 PM
Just had his appendix out so won't be named in the squad for the Norway game.
Aye, he was in stitches when Trapp asked him to play for Ireland.

Celt_Man

GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

Rouge_Diablo

SHEEDY

thought that was complete rubbish. coleman not getting on was a disgrace. we know what mcgeady,duff,hunt and lawerence can do. the match was lifeless. it needed someone to give it a lift. same old predictable rubbish from trappatoni.
nil satis nisi optimum

mylestheslasher

Didn't watch the match but I can't believe Coleman didn't get on. We need to blood new players and now we will be relying on the likes of Kilbane for the next euro qualifier. Seems that whatever most people think is logical Trap decides to take the opposite opinion just for the hell of it.

Bogball XV

He'd maybe give coleman 5 mins if he was qualified to play for another country, you know, the way he did with mccarthy.

thewobbler

It really does get my goat up when managers choose to ignore the obvious.

The first Irish player with a genuine spark to break into the Premiership in a decade, and Trap doesn't try him out.

It beggars belief.

I'd welcome Brian Kerr back with open arms. He understood just how limited the playing pool was and played tactics to suit, but at least he didn't create his own limits.

ballinaman

Quote from: Bogball XV on November 18, 2010, 12:29:21 AM
He'd maybe give coleman 5 mins if he was qualified to play for another country, you know, the way he did with mccarthy.
And McCarthy is still eligible to play for Scotland because he hasn't played in a competitive match for Ireland!!Wouldn't be surprised if he does when he returns from injury with the way Trapp treats young players.

anglocelt39

Now that Stephen Ireland and Andy Reid can't catch a game with their club teams thank god for Coleman to give the fans with typewriters something to get indignant about. remind me again how many games this lad has played with Everton? Mind you, having listened to all the media guff (from the same sources that have built up others before mind) I'm a bit surprise Coleman didn't get a run on last night.
Undefeated at the Polo Grounds

Clown

Coleman has played more PL games than Andy Carroll and more this season than Kieran Gibbs  - who both started for England last night

AFS

Disappointing not to see Coleman, but I suppose right wing isn't the most pressing concern at the minute. Both FB positions and the midfield are where the big problems lie, and a couple of new lads were tried in these spots. Cunningham should be pushing hard to displace Kilbane. Fahey looked better than Green, not that that was much of a task. Not sure about Kelly, he looks error prone. Would've liked to have seen Foley start instead.

Very hard to see many changes for the Macedonia game in March, but you've got to hope with all the friendlies next year that a few new fellas will be allowed to break through for the qualifier run in. The lads we have at present won't make it to 2012.

magpie seanie

Quote from: anglocelt39 on November 18, 2010, 10:11:12 AM
Now that Stephen Ireland and Andy Reid can't catch a game with their club teams thank god for Coleman to give the fans with typewriters something to get indignant about. remind me again how many games this lad has played with Everton? Mind you, having listened to all the media guff (from the same sources that have built up others before mind) I'm a bit surprise Coleman didn't get a run on last night.

That's absolute rubbish anglocelt39. It was simply scandalous that Coleman didn't get a game last night. Its not just the last few weeks he has done well. He was very impressive in a few games early last season for Everton and did well for Blackpool in their promotion charge last season. He should have been capped long before now, never mind last night.

Trapp clearly does not like any player that shows a spark of invention or creativity. That's his prerogative as he is the manager but I think people are well within their rights to criticise it. If nothing else its better to play nice stuff and lose than play muck and still lose as has been happening.

brokencrossbar1

Roy Hodgson must have based all his 35 years of experience on the methods of Trap.  Can you imagine the "excitement" of the game between Eng-er-land and Ireland if Hodgson was the manager!!!