Football qualifier route 2019

Started by Blowitupref, May 22, 2019, 01:45:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blowitupref

FT Meath 2-16 Clare 1-18. A good high scoring contest between two well matched teams. Congrats to Meath for reaching the last 8 which adds to the league promotion to Div 1, regardless of what happens in the next 3 games for them this has to go down as a year of progress for Meath.

Hard luck to Clare they died with their boots on in that game and another good year for them under good managment.

Last eight now has 2 from each province.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

armaghniac

Quote from: sid waddell on July 07, 2019, 03:48:32 PM
Butchery awaits Meath in all three of their Super 8 matches.

Perhaps, but Meath's "recovery" from the Leinster final defeat suggests that they can learn from this rather than just giving up.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Dinny Breen

Quote from: armaghniac on July 07, 2019, 04:00:56 PM

Perhaps, but Meath's "recovery" from the Leinster final defeat suggests that they can learn from this rather than just giving up.

I wouldn't put money on Meath winning a match in the next 10 months.
#newbridgeornowhere

armaghniac

Quote from: Dinny Breen on July 07, 2019, 04:34:51 PM

I expect a strong performance in the O'Byrne cup followed by beating Monaghan in the league.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

thejuice

Haven't watched the game yet but to be honest I feel like we're in bonus territory now. We've achieved all we set out to do this year which is a great achievement considering the talent we have available which isn't the greatest but not bad either. If we are to maintain this level and division 1 status we'll need an injection of top drawer talent from the underage teams which there is some coming but might not be here soon enough.

We might draw some blood in the last 8 group stage but I don't particularly worry about it.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

Farrandeelin

They might beat Mayo in 2 weeks time. We have a terrible championship record against thrm.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

sid waddell

Quote from: Farrandeelin on July 07, 2019, 06:49:31 PM

They might beat Mayo in 2 weeks time. We have a terrible championship record against thrm.
Mayo will beat Meath, but what I would be concerned about if I was from Mayo would be by how much they beat them by, I suspect Donegal and Kerry will do serious jobs on Meath while I wouldn't be so sure about Mayo.

In a group where a three way tie on 4 points is a live possibility, that could make all the difference.