US tourist (50s) fighting for life after ‘unprovoked’ gang attack in Dublin:

Started by joemamas, July 20, 2023, 03:40:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

joemamas

How terrible and disgusting is this.
What kind of people are Ireland turning out.
As a fairly regular visitor 3x4 times a year,
I have always watched my bearings and socialized between two or three pubs close to Stephens Green area where I usually stay.
This is just simply unacceptable.
Last year I was walking around Stephens Green on a Sunday morning for some exercise at around 11am, Three or four dirt bags out of their mind waiting for a Luas were physicially confronting people who were just out casually walking.
I actually looked for a guard to alert them before something bad happened, I had to walk half way down Grafton St, to find some. In fairness they did go up there to check it out.
All the politicians will be out no doubt screaming about it.
I wonder how many Guards were recruited over past 5 years relative to how many retired.
How many of these politicians vigorousley supported hiring more.
most rural towns don't even have a full time guard.

Kidder81

Think he was staying close to Connolly station, goes without saying not a great spot.

Eire90

ohhhhhhhhhh and where is the ira nowhere and wheres the likes of o dywer he will only say anything if its foreigners,

Eamonnca1

Quote from: Kidder81 on July 20, 2023, 03:47:05 PM
Think he was staying close to Connolly station, goes without saying not a great spot.

The area around a major transport terminal like that should be a safe place to walk about.

Kidder81

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on July 20, 2023, 04:25:20 PM

The area around a major transport terminal like that should be a safe place to walk about.

It's not

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Kidder81 on July 20, 2023, 04:26:03 PM

It's not

Is there not a cop shop besides the bus station?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

trailer

Hard to love Dublin. Everything costs a fortune. O'Connell street is a no go area. Lots of undesirables. Wee bit like NYC and Times Square in the 80s & 90s. Does Dublin have a Mayor? What is his or her role and responsibilities? Hard to eradicate crime but tourist spots should be free of litter, piss and crime.

Eire90

Wildweasel74

J70

Quote from: Kidder81 on July 20, 2023, 04:26:03 PM

It's not

That whole area was no-go back when I lived in Dublin in the 90s. Did Sheriff St miss out on the gentrification?

Kidder81

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on July 20, 2023, 06:08:35 PM
I do have to wade in there and mention the dump that is, Larne.

Can't imagine Larne is a tourist hotspot like Dublin

thebigfella

Quote from: trailer on July 20, 2023, 04:34:05 PM
Hard to love Dublin. Everything costs a fortune. O'Connell street is a no go area. Lots of undesirables. Wee bit like NYC and Times Square in the 80s & 90s. Does Dublin have a Mayor? What is his or her role and responsibilities? Hard to eradicate crime but tourist spots should be free of litter, piss and crime.

Pure hyperbole

whitey

Quote from: thebigfella on July 20, 2023, 06:56:05 PM

Pure hyperbole

In 2019 I went on the open top tour bus that picks up in front of the Gresham

We were super early so got to observe the goings on

Needless to say, upon return we jumped into the first taxi we could get and got the hell out of there

RedHand88

Quote from: thebigfella on July 20, 2023, 06:56:05 PM

Pure hyperbole

Not hyperbole. Its desperate got.