American Sports Thread

Started by magickingdom, October 28, 2007, 06:02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gallsman

There's no way they'll have the room. LeBron will only be moving for the max. Lakers or, a lot less likely but given they gave Jerry West now, the Clippers are the only places he'll be going.

Would love him to go to the Spurs and work with Pop though.

gawa316

Any chance he could end up at Houston?

Syferus

Quote from: gawa316 on February 01, 2018, 05:59:19 PM
Any chance he could end up at Houston?

If his flight to LA got redirected, sure.

stew

Quote from: Therealdonald on February 01, 2018, 04:01:06 AM
Quote from: stew on February 01, 2018, 01:34:03 AM
Quote from: Therealdonald on February 01, 2018, 12:08:30 AM
Quote from: stew on January 31, 2018, 11:34:48 PM
Quote from: Oraisteach on January 31, 2018, 04:59:57 AM
Stew, I have deliberately chosen not to respond to your posts for a long time because it's like throwing a match into a powder keg. This time, I attempted to calmly explain what's offensive to me about the Chief Wahoo logo. Do you think that the logo is complimentary to Native Americans?  What about the red skin? Isn't it a little like when whites in vaudeville mocked blacks by wearing blackface? Do you think that's OK? What about the big hooked nose? And don't you agree that the leering grin makes Native Americans look clownish and imbecilic? I pointed out that the Indians organization is seeking the aid of Native American artists to design a more suitable logo. Does that bother you? I asked you to consider if Notre Dame had chosen a stereotypical image of the stock Irishman, like the ones common at the time of Irish post-famine immigration. Would that trouble you?  Instead of responding to these ideas, you launch into a litany of straw man arguments about gender, and Confederate states, and what not. I don't know when or how I teed you off to warrant such a downpour of vitriol. I remember a time when you were warm and generous, admirable in your dealings with board members. I don't know what happened to you in Milwaukee to change that, but I'm sorry that it happened.  I'll leave it on an area of common ground--let's beat Westmeath.

When did you develop this aversion to the term 'Washington Redskins' and when did you first state publically your dislike of the name?

You used the word 'Nigger' as if the name Washington Redskins is as offensive as a fictional team named the 'Nashville Nigger' And you were calm when you wrote that, really? Somehow I doubt that. Your use of the word 'Nigger'  set me off because I was upset that you would equate the Washington Redskins as having a name just as repugnant and awful as the word Nigger! To me, if that was the case it was disgusting of you tpo do so, if I picked that up wrong I am sorry!

I never lived in Milwaukee in my life so I have no idea what you are on about as nothing happened in Milwaukee or anywhere else.

Ah now Stew, come on. The Redskins is an offensive name. The Nashville teamname is as offensive as the Redskins. You're in denial if you think otherwise.

And you are?????

Nice try kid!

Nice try for what Stew? And who exactly are you? I'd safely say I've achieved a hell of a lot more in life than you have but I don't exactly try and belittle those who disagree with me. w**k€$tain

Donny, What is it you think you have achieved that is so special I cannot possibly compete with youDonny? you dont know anything Donny, I also never tried to beliettle you Donny, I presumed from your ignorant post that you were joking that the name Nashville Niggers was  as equally offensive as the Cleveland Indians.

Donny, I have been around here for a decade, you have been here five minutes, you dont know enough to know nothing kid!
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

heganboy

All hail Stew!

Bow before his greatness
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

Farrandeelin

Who's providing the half time entertainment on Sunday night?
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

GaillimhIarthair

Quote from: Farrandeelin on February 02, 2018, 07:36:28 AM
Justin Timberlake.

I see Gronkowski has also been passed fit to play - will be a major boost for the Pats - probably never in doubt that he was going to feature I guess.

stew

Quote from: heganboy on February 02, 2018, 04:29:23 AM
All hail Stew!

Bow before his greatness

Wtf?

So some tube comes on here and tells me he has achieved so much in his life compared to me and comes after me, just because I pulled him on suspicion of winding and I am supposed to lie down at his feet because he is yet another liberall blow in with an over inflated sense of self worth? f**k that but good job hegan, you liberals stick together, now next time you post let us know your thoughts on wether the Cleveland Indians name is as racist as oraisteach's 'Nashville Niggers' is?

And you stateside liberals wonder why I hate, with a passion, the looney left!  :o :o :o :o

stew

Quote from: GaillimhIarthair on February 02, 2018, 08:37:18 AM
Quote from: Farrandeelin on February 02, 2018, 07:36:28 AM
Justin Timberlake.

I see Gronkowski has also been passed fit to play - will be a major boost for the Pats - probably never in doubt that he was going to feature I guess.

The fine the player got for hitting Gronkowski that gave him the concussion was nothing short of a disgrace, what was he supposed to do? the sitting top dog in the NFL is a useless, ineffective dolt that has pandered to the left all year long and it is biting him in the ass! Good! The NFL needs new stewardship, this ballix needs to go and I hope more sponsors leave them.

magpie seanie

Stew - I mean no offence but you need to calm down! Everything you dislike is not a conspiracy of the left.

stew

Quote from: magpie seanie on February 02, 2018, 11:39:30 AM
Stew - I mean no offence but you need to calm down! Everything you dislike is not a conspiracy of the left.

Correct Seanie, but fining a football player for doing what he is paid to do (and he did it cleanly) And fawning over these c***ts that take a knee sickens my shite and is turning people off, they are losing sponsors and I never once said everything was a leftist conspiracy, I will however call bullshit when I see it, and this shit is bullshit!

heganboy

QuoteDonny, What is it you think you have achieved that is so special I cannot possibly compete with youDonny? you dont know anything Donny, I also never tried to beliettle you Donny, I presumed from your ignorant post that you were joking that the name Nashville Niggers was  as equally offensive as the Cleveland Indians.

Donny, I have been around here for a decade, you have been here five minutes, you don't know enough to know nothing kid!
Stew,
if you don't think this statement opens you up for a bit of piss taking without it being some sort of left wing liberal conspiracy you should go and cop yourself on...
HB
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

Oraisteach

Stew, you ignore my questiona about the physical appearance of the Indians' mascot and pounce on the "Nashville Niggers" remark. No, I dont find "Redskins" as offensive as the word "Niggers." Instead, I brought them up only to point out that each was coined as a derogatory comment about an ethnic group using its skin color as a vehicle--red-skinned and black-skinned.

In bringing up the Cleveland mascot, I was not trying to stir you up; instead, I thought I had picked a subject on which we might have common ground. I did not bring up the Redskins, you did. In fact, I deliberately sought to stay clear of incendiary topics. For example, I ducked the question of college football teams changing their names: e.g. North Dakota Fighting Sioux to the ND Fighting Hawks or the Miami (Ohio) Redskins to the RedHawks.

Stew, in all seriousness, I'd like your opinion of the Indians mascot, and that one alone. Don't you find the red skin, the large hooked nose, the exaggerated leering grin all to be offensive and unsuitable homage to Native Americans. Again, I'd like your honest opinion.

Therealdonald

Quote from: stew on February 02, 2018, 10:06:55 AM
Quote from: heganboy on February 02, 2018, 04:29:23 AM
All hail Stew!

Bow before his greatness

Wtf?

So some tube comes on here and tells me he has achieved so much in his life compared to me and comes after me, just because I pulled him on suspicion of winding and I am supposed to lie down at his feet because he is yet another liberall blow in with an over inflated sense of self worth? f**k that but good job hegan, you liberals stick together, now next time you post let us know your thoughts on wether the Cleveland Indians name is as racist as oraisteach's 'Nashville Niggers' is?

And you stateside liberals wonder why I hate, with a passion, the looney left!  :o :o :o :o

How did you pull me on suspicion of winding? I wasn't on the wind up anyway but I thought about trying to respond to you but you're such an incredible ass that everyone has caught on to you. You have all these high and almighty thoughts and ideas. The fact that you even have such a strong opinion on the kneeling before the flag beggars belief. No matter how long you've been in Wisconsin, you ain't a Yank so wind yer neck in. You don't know what those black players go through. So why judge? You complain about Goodell? 31 of the owners I think it was just gave him an extension and raise, so we're led to believe that some buck eejit from Armagh knows more about the NFL and its business model than 31 of the richest businessmen in America? Everyone is catching on to you Stew, you're like a broken record '' Loony left, crooked Hillary'' blah de blah. Be original at least. Thats all I want.

magpie seanie

Quote from: stew on February 02, 2018, 12:39:17 PM
Quote from: magpie seanie on February 02, 2018, 11:39:30 AM

Correct Seanie, but fining a football player for doing what he is paid to do (and he did it cleanly) And fawning over these c***ts that take a knee sickens my shite and is turning people off, they are losing sponsors and I never once said everything was a leftist conspiracy, I will however call bullshit when I see it, and this shit is bullshit!

Two different things. I agree with you on the hit. I actually believe after watching replays and seeing still images it shouldn't have even been a flag. You can't fault the referees on the field too much for it because it happened so quick. The fine was unfair but I can understand why the NFL do it. They ignored player safety for a long time and are paying financially for it.....this is a kind of overcompensation. I wouldn't go too nuts about it. It's small beer to a football player and you can be sure his coaches and teammates told him he did the right thing.

I completely disagree with you on the taking a knee thing. There are serious racial issues in the US not least of which is the attitude of the police towards black people. I think it's legitimate for people to protest these issues in a dignified, respectful way. You don't have to agree with that but it's a great thing that people can protest in the US unlike many countries. It sometimes makes me laugh when the very same people who swear by the right to bear arms no matter what would deny people the right the express their opinions or protest. Frankly any sponsors who pull plant on the back of this are not worth having anyway. It's ridiculous and basically proving the protesters right if you ask me.