American Sports Thread

Started by magickingdom, October 28, 2007, 06:02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AZOffaly

Quote from: Declan on November 29, 2017, 08:02:04 AM
https://omny.fm/shows/mike-francesa/mike-francesa-destroys-ben-mcadoo

You gotta love the OTT analysis

Talk show radio is very entertaining but a lot of it is designed to be controversial. I used to listen to it every day in Phoenix, and I still listen to a fair bit here, but I don't like the likes of Jim Rome, Stephen A Smith, Skip Bayless, John Gambadora in Phoenix, and all the other US Joe Brollys and Eamon Dunphys.

AZOffaly

So the CFP top 4 is out, and if all 4 teams win, they are in.
1 - Clemson
2 - Auburn
3 - Oklahoma
4 - Wisconsin

5 - Alabama
6 - Georgia
7 - Miami
8 - Ohio State

9 - Penn State
10 - USC
11 - TCU
12 - Stanford

Alabama will not get in unless, I believe, TCU beat Oklahoma. The committee chairman last night said two things which basically prepped the ground for that. He said that a) There is 'very little' between teams 5,6,7 & 8. He then said b) They will 'value' conference championships significantly.

So if a is true, and Ohio State, Miami and Georgia all win, I expect them to basically replace the teams they beat in the Top 4.

TCU are too far back to do that, so I think 'Bama fans will be cheering for the Horned Frogs.

Oraisteach

Not looking too promising for the Ohio State Buckeyes this evening with QB JT Barrett having undergone arthroscopic knee surgery last Sunday.  If he plays, he surely won't be very mobile and will undoubtedly be susceptible to an aggressive Wisconsin pass rush.  The O line will have much to do to keep him safe, and the D line will have to excel to stymie the Badger offense.  Maybe this year a back-up QB can bring Ohio State a victory.  Lots of great games today.

AZOffaly

Oklahoma ate TCU so they're in. Auburn early leaders v Georgia.  Stidham is some yoke.

Syferus

The Tigers have been making fast starts all year, after the LSU game they started finishing the job too.

Stidham was a sack machine early in the season and looked every bit as rusty as a lad 20 or so months removed from his last competitive start. That he's turned into a player who NFL scouts will be looking at drafting after next year is pretty incredible growth.

Talking of Auburn QBs, JF3 made a total balls up in the C-USA title game today by dropping the ball before crossing the line to celebrate his touchdown. Braindead.

AZOffaly

This is interesting. Both QBS playing well.

Syferus

Big time third down pass by Stidham there.

AZOffaly

And them blocked field goal. Big penalty on the punt there.

AZOffaly

Feck sake Kerryon Johnson. That might be a dagger.

Oraisteach

Well, Auburn are dabs at the thrilling finish.

AZOffaly

They are. Georgia seems to have ta ken the vertical game away from them though.

Syferus

AZOffaly

Quote from: Syferus on December 03, 2017, 12:02:17 AM
It was a good run.

Disappointing way  to finish for them. I wonder will Malzone go to Arkansas now?

Oraisteach

A very tall order to have to beat the same team twice.

AZOffaly

Jordan Hare is a big factor and when Johnson isn't right it's a big loss.