Women's World Cup

Started by Oraisteach, July 02, 2015, 02:15:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oraisteach

England lose 2-1 to Japan in WC semi-final.  English center back, Bassett, scores an own goal in the second minute of additional time. Heart-breaking way to lose, and player has to feel terrible.  The sad thing is that England outplayed defending champs Japan.  No way they'll be able to rebound for the third-place game against Germany.  The final will see Japan against the USA on Sunday.

An Watcher

Wait a minute, did they not get one of the dodgiest penalty decisions I ever seen!

Canalman

Quote from: An Watcher on July 02, 2015, 07:30:50 AM
Wait a minute, did they not get one of the dodgiest penalty decisions I ever seen!

Which penalty are you talking about. Japan's or England's . Both not penalties imo.

Watched first half of game . Quiet a good game . .............. Japanese team very pacy .

blewuporstuffed

Didnt think eitehr one was a penalty, but englands was shocking  :-[
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Aerlik

Is the comp not over already?  Jaysus Australian sport is shallow.  The Aussies are out and there ends Australia's interests.  Literally.  Bloody hate that about this country's sports media.  The Olympics are worse.  Repeats ad nauseum of some chick tying her shoelaces, meanwhile the rest of the world is being treated to international stars.   Grrrr.
To find his equal an Irishman is forced to talk to God!

Jell 0 Biafra

Quote from: An Watcher on July 02, 2015, 07:30:50 AM

Thought that at first, but in the replays you can clearly see the Japanese defender pulls the English forward back by the hair.  Definite penalty (unlike the Japanese one, which was a foul outside the box).