Where will you spend the eleventh night/twelfth?

Started by Rois, July 10, 2007, 10:24:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

doire legend

Quote from: Rois on July 10, 2007, 10:24:34 AM
Just out of interest - are people fleeing the north in the annual mass exodus or has that passed now? 

Having just moved to North Belfast, I'm getting away for the eleventh night as I fear I may be within smelling distance of the Mount Vernon bon........... stayin in south derry.. they don't put us out!

Rois

Quote from: Square Ball on July 11, 2008, 07:12:04 PM
Quote from: Square Ball on July 10, 2007, 06:06:34 PM
Quote from: Rois on July 10, 2007, 10:24:34 AM
Just out of interest - are people fleeing the north in the annual mass exodus or has that passed now? 

Having just moved to North Belfast, I'm getting away for the eleventh night as I fear I may be within smelling distance of the Mount Vernon bonfire.

I will be staying in Belfast, used to head off the Saturday before Drumcree Sunday for two weeks in Gods own little acre (for the unenlightened its the Glens Of Antrim) but its a waste of leave now. Spend tonight in the Paradox/Errigle/Big House being sociable, again tomorrow night, but the bars are closing early. Also will be listening to the wonderful music emanating from the local Orange hall, its really nice of them to play it so loud to ensure that we can all hear it.

this is sad, doing exactly the same thing tonight, and they are playing the same god awful music from the Ballynafeigh orange hall as they did last year

And I am flying home from a weekend in London today - if the airport queues on Fri were anything to go by, a lot of people were getting out.