The world's best sportsman to return from injury?

Started by corn02, February 18, 2009, 03:22:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Our Nail Loney

ziggysego

Testing Accessibility

Our Nail Loney

Quote from: ziggysego on February 18, 2009, 05:42:07 PM
You lot would argue over the colour of shite ::)

You can have different coloured shite. Brown, Green, Yellow-Green...

SidelineKick

"If you want to box, say you want to box and we'll box"

Reported.

Our Nail Loney

See, Ziggy was right, we ARE arguing over the colour.

doire na raithe

Jimmy Bullard did well to get back to the top of his sport after that injury.

carribbear

No doubt Tiger Woods is a great sportsman but can hardly say that the game he plays is as physically demanding - he plays against old duffers and fat baxtards like Colin Montgomery - thats like me and Jo Brand taking part in a 100 metre sprint.

Henrik Larsson for me, to break a leg like that and to come back even better than before shows what a wonderful professional he really is.

Our Nail Loney

Quote from: carribbear on February 18, 2009, 06:00:03 PM
No doubt Tiger Woods is a great sportsman but can hardly say that the game he plays is as physically demanding - he plays against old duffers and fat baxtards like Colin Montgomery - thats like me and Jo Brand taking part in a 100 metre sprint.

Henrik Larsson for me, to break a leg like that and to come back even better than before shows what a wonderful professional he really is.

Which one of you two is the old duffer and which is the fat baxtard?!?!?

carribbear

Quote from: Our Nail Loney on February 18, 2009, 06:02:33 PM

Which one of you two is the old duffer and which is the fat baxtard?!?!?

It would be a close one :D

Estimator

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on February 18, 2009, 04:35:33 PM
Quote from: Gnevin on February 18, 2009, 04:15:44 PM
Quote from: corn02 on February 18, 2009, 04:04:17 PM
I think this could end the argument.

Considering the sport that golf is, how hard it is and the pure amount of players that can win an event compare to other sports, the fact that Tiger has won 29% (65 out of 222) of his professional tournaments is astonishing.

What about Schumacher? 7  championships and left everyone for dust.

He was always driving the best car - not to mention his team-mates being ordered to move aside and let him beat them

Quote from: Gnevin on February 18, 2009, 05:13:50 PM
Quote from: The Real Laoislad on February 18, 2009, 04:21:45 PM
Quote from: Gnevin on February 18, 2009, 04:15:44 PM
Quote from: corn02 on February 18, 2009, 04:04:17 PM
I think this could end the argument.

Considering the sport that golf is, how hard it is and the pure amount of players that can win an event compare to other sports, the fact that Tiger has won 29% (65 out of 222) of his professional tournaments is astonishing.

What about Schumacher? 7  championships and left everyone for dust.

How much of it was the car and how much of it was him?
Serious question btw as I don't know too much about F1

Well Ferrari's dominance ended as soon as he left and some of his performances where unnatural

Quote from: corn02 on February 18, 2009, 05:17:28 PM
Yep, a lot came down to Schumacher;s brilliance, however, the fact that the car also played a massive role, I can't put him in the same bracket as the others mentioned.

Schumacher was hardly driving the best car when he started at Ferrari in '96, they hadn't won the championship in almost 20years. He broke his leg in an accident 1999 and had the mental strength to return and win championships from 2000-2004.
Schumacher also won a couple of Championships with Benetton in '94 and '95 when Williams were the dominant force

Ulster League Champions 2009

muppet

My money is on Brand. Less corners on her.
MWWSI 2017

carribbear

Quote from: muppet on February 18, 2009, 06:12:13 PM

My money is on Brand. Less corners on her.

It would be a cracking race if you put some chocolate eclairs at the finish line

corn02

The worst defenition of proffesional golf I have ever seen.

corn02

I think an average person has a swing speed of about 89mph, Tiger's is 125mph.

Puckoon