Meath vs Dublin - Leinster final - the day before the fair.

Started by thejuice, June 09, 2019, 11:42:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildweasel74

Christ I am old enough to remember when Meath had a good team

tonto1888

Quote from: tyrone08 on June 23, 2019, 05:24:11 PM
Quote from: tonto1888 on June 23, 2019, 05:19:16 PM
Quote from: tyrone08 on June 23, 2019, 05:10:30 PM
Quote from: tonto1888 on June 23, 2019, 04:33:10 PM
Quote from: tyrone08 on June 23, 2019, 04:27:44 PM
Quote from: Angelo on June 23, 2019, 04:21:48 PM
Fairly embarrassing from Mannion there. No doubt it will be sweeped under the carpet like similar incidents with Cooper and McMahon were in the past. If a player from another county was guilty of what Mannion did there......
Tiernan mccann done it and was on public trial. Doubt the same standard will applied to the dubs

Seriously? You're comparing those two incidents

They are directly comparable. In both cases the player wasn't hit in the face and both cases they fell to the floor like diving dirt bags

McCann has his hair ruffled and threw himself to the ground like he was shot. Mannion was actually shoved to the ground and yeah he held his face, but it was nothing like the McCann incident

So going down holding the face dispite there being no actual contact to the face is not comparable? Your embarrassing yourself now. Put your hands up, admit he dived and move on

You're the one embarrassing yourself fella. Now why don't you put your hands up, admit the two incidents are incomparable, and head to your bed

highorlow

They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

From the Bunker

Most on here are looking at this the wrong way! It's not that Meath are awful. It's a case of a Professional outfit has come against an almost Amateur team.

Delighted to see Dublin win and hammer their opponents. It's the only way to sort this mess out. I hope they go on to win the AI as well.
The Leinster final will have a lower attendance next year.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Cunny Funt

Quote from: From the Bunker on June 23, 2019, 05:42:02 PM
Most on here are looking at this the wrong way! It's not that Meath are awful. It's a case of a Professional outfit has come against an almost Amateur team.

Delighted to see Dublin win and hammer their opponents. It's the only way to sort this mess out. I hope they go on to win the AI as well.
The Leinster final will have a lower attendance next year.

They were awful especially in that 2nd half. Dublin didn't even have to play that well to hammer Meath.

BennyHarp

I'm surprised anyone bothers going to Dublin matches any more.
That was never a square ball!!

Aaron Boone

Congrats to the people of Dublin, another Leinster title.

Angelo

Quote from: tonto1888 on June 23, 2019, 05:38:55 PM
Fairly embarrassing from Mannion there. No doubt it will be sweeped under the carpet like similar incidents with Cooper and McMahon were in the past. If a player from another county was guilty of what Mannion did there......
Tiernan mccann done it and was on public trial. Doubt the same standard will applied to the dubs

They are directly comparable. In both cases the player wasn't hit in the face and both cases they fell to the floor like diving dirt bags

McCann has his hair ruffled and threw himself to the ground like he was shot. Mannion was actually shoved to the ground and yeah he held his face, but it was nothing like the McCann incident

So going down holding the face dispite there being no actual contact to the face is not comparable? Your embarrassing yourself now. Put your hands up, admit he dived and move on

You're the one embarrassing yourself fella. Now why don't you put your hands up, admit the two incidents are incomparable, and head to your bed

Are some dives more acceptable than other dives?
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

sid waddell

As a Dub, that was one of the most depressing sporting spectacles I have ever witnessed

A silent, half-empty Croke Park, a dank wet day, and the most pathetic forward performance I've ever seen at this level

July 6th, 1991 is a long, long time ago

From the Bunker

Quote from: BennyHarp on June 23, 2019, 05:45:37 PM
I'm surprised anyone bothers going to Dublin matches any more.

Did you see the bit on the TV where Cluxton lifted the Cup, the producer shot to the crowd and there in the crowd was a Dublin fan yawning!

From the Bunker

Quote from: sid waddell on June 23, 2019, 05:47:08 PM
As a Dub, that was one of the most depressing sporting spectacles I have ever witnessed

A silent, half-empty Croke Park, a dank wet day, and the most pathetic forward performance I've ever seen at this level

July 6th, 1991 is a long, long time ago

Ah, don't be sad ye have won 9 in a row! Go out on the town and celebrate. This is all from your superior voluntary coaching. It's a day to be proud of!

Dinny Breen

Professionals v amateurs. Super 8 will be more of the same.

National problem.
#newbridgeornowhere

tonto1888

Quote from: Angelo on June 23, 2019, 05:47:00 PM
Quote from: tonto1888 on June 23, 2019, 05:38:55 PM

Are some dives more acceptable than other dives?

Mannion didn't dive did he? He was actually push to the ground. He grabbed his face when he wasn't hit on the face but he didn't dive

highorlow

The only thing competitive in this years championship will be for places on the Dublin starting 15.
They get momentum, they go mad, here they go