Division 2 2024

Started by Captain Scarlet, January 16, 2023, 02:11:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

balladmaker

Much improved Armagh performance.  More intent in getting the ball forward fast, some super speedy forwards impressed, Oisin Conaty and Cian McConville adding a new dimension to Armagh's forward play.  Any night you rack up a 12 pt win is a good night's work, onwards to Kildare in Carlow in two weeks time.

statto

Quote from: balladmaker on February 03, 2024, 08:33:06 PMMuch improved Armagh performance.  More intent in getting the ball forward fast, some super speedy forwards impressed, Oisin Conaty and Cian McConville adding a new dimension to Armagh's forward play.  Any night you rack up a 12 pt win is a good night's work, onwards to Kildare in Carlow in two weeks time.
Though Meath were very poor after a bright start once Armagh got first goal that was game over.Conaty did brilliantly for first goal and kicked couple points.oisin o Neill also kicked nice score from bench.thought McCabe at 6 had good game also.

Champion The Wonder Horse

It's actually shocking that thon Meath team is the only one currently guaranteed to be in the running for Sam this year.

Oraisteach

Can any Armagh lad or lass tell me whatever happened to Andrew Murnin

Armagh18

Quote from: Oraisteach on February 03, 2024, 11:36:58 PMCan any Armagh lad or lass tell me whatever happened to Andrew Murnin
He'll be back.

armaghniac

Quote from: balladmaker on February 03, 2024, 08:33:06 PMMuch improved Armagh performance.  More intent in getting the ball forward fast, some super speedy forwards impressed, Oisin Conaty and Cian McConville adding a new dimension to Armagh's forward play.  Any night you rack up a 12 pt win is a good night's work, onwards to Kildare in Carlow in two weeks time.

Great to see McConville and Conaty playing such a big role, these players will still be with us when Soupy and Grugan have retired. However, Meath aren't great though, Louth should aim to beat them.
I hope the Meath people still enjoyed a visit to the Athletic Grounds, attendance was give as 9033, not sure if this includes the many kids. When the place is at least half full it creates a good atmosphere, although the game was a foregone conclusion for much of the time, so it wasn't exactly exciting.
I have never attended a game in Carlow, so that alone will be interesting and Kildare are not doing so well either.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

naka

Quote from: Oraisteach on February 03, 2024, 11:36:58 PMCan any Armagh lad or lass tell me whatever happened to Andrew Murnin
He was with the squad yesterday
Just not stripped out

Itchy

Are u16s free into the matches? I can't seem to find any reference to them on Ticketmaster. Student/oap = 15, adult = 20 is all they say.

Tubberman

Quote from: Itchy on February 04, 2024, 09:25:02 AMAre u16s free into the matches? I can't seem to find any reference to them on Ticketmaster. Student/oap = 15, adult = 20 is all they say.

No ticket required for u16s
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

armaghniac

Quote from: Tubberman on February 04, 2024, 10:10:45 AM
Quote from: Itchy on February 04, 2024, 09:25:02 AMAre u16s free into the matches? I can't seem to find any reference to them on Ticketmaster. Student/oap = 15, adult = 20 is all they say.

Except for all ticket game!
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

thejuice

Quote from: seafoid on February 03, 2024, 08:22:35 PM
Quote from: thejuice on February 03, 2024, 07:06:23 PMGetting roasted. Just don't have anyone to make the penetrating runs and threaten the Armagh goals.
The situation with Meath continues to be very depressing

Tell me about it. It's like a "can I copy your homework" situation where I wish I could see what we're not doing that everyone else is. There's no logical reason to me why we aren't a D1 team given the resources and tradition we have. We have a strong fanbase that are crying out for a bit of success. I can only conclude our coaches aren't doing it right and not sure if O'Rourke is up to speed on the game the way it's played now.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

seafoid

Quote from: thejuice on February 04, 2024, 10:51:29 AM
Quote from: seafoid on February 03, 2024, 08:22:35 PM
Quote from: thejuice on February 03, 2024, 07:06:23 PMGetting roasted. Just don't have anyone to make the penetrating runs and threaten the Armagh goals.
The situation with Meath continues to be very depressing

Tell me about it. It's like a "can I copy your homework" situation where I wish I could see what we're not doing that everyone else is. There's no logical reason to me why we aren't a D1 team given the resources and tradition we have. We have a strong fanbase that are crying out for a bit of success. I can only conclude our coaches aren't doing it right and not sure if O'Rourke is up to speed on the game the way it's played now.
It took Galway a very long time to get back in the saddle. It was either not having the talent or too much chopping and changing or both. Building a team from nothing is very hard.

I read that Vikki Wall is now a key member of the 7 a side rugby squad that just won a world title and will be going to Paris. When things go well, everything goes well. When things don't nothing does.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XrBRhQX2P0o
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

screenexile

Quote from: armaghniac on February 04, 2024, 10:18:40 AM
Quote from: Tubberman on February 04, 2024, 10:10:45 AM

Except for all ticket game!

Yeah 5er for U16s to get into Celtic Park today

Itchy

Major emergency at Cavan General today, all ambulances used up bringing severely injured Donegal players to A&E. All injuries occured in last 5 minutes.

Joking aside Cavan a little unlucky to not get the draw. Didnt win enough of our own kick outs in 2nd half and left wrong man marking Gallen for too long. But we never gave up and only for some shocking refereeing in injury time where ref called 5 minutes in which Donegal players feigned injury for at least 2 minutes which wasn't added on. Then last play Cavan win a mark from kick out (right in front of me) Donegal player grabs the ball from Cavan man mid air. Ref throws in ball and then immediately blows final whistle.

As poor a display of referring as I've seen in a few years. Then he did have Barry Cassidy advising him from the line so what hope did he have.

As for Donegal, Brolly called it puke football. 15 behind the ball all night, horrible to watch. They'll win nothing and as I suspected totally over hyped due to the return of the Messiah. More like the return of the anti Christ.

Derryman forever

Quote from: Itchy on February 04, 2024, 09:10:29 PMMajor emergency at Cavan General today, all ambulances used up bringing severely injured Donegal players to A&E. All injuries occured in last 5 minutes.

Joking aside Cavan a little unlucky to not get the draw. Didnt win enough of our own kick outs in 2nd half and left wrong man marking Gallen for too long. But we never gave up and only for some shocking refereeing in injury time where ref called 5 minutes in which Donegal players feigned injury for at least 2 minutes which wasn't added on. Then last play Cavan win a mark from kick out (right in front of me) Donegal player grabs the ball from Cavan man mid air. Ref throws in ball and then immediately blows final whistle.

As poor a display of referring as I've seen in a few years. Then he did have Barry Cassidy advising him from the line so what hope did he have.

As for Donegal, Brolly called it puke football. 15 behind the ball all night, horrible to watch. They'll win nothing and as I suspected totally over hyped due to the return of the Messiah. More like the return of the anti Christ.

I am pleased to see you are taking that loss well.