An Ordinary Fan

Started by Armaghtothebone, April 29, 2007, 05:26:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Armaghtothebone

With appologies to Christy Moore :-\....

I'm an ordinary fan
Nothin special nothin grand
I pay my dough
and watch them when I can

Now they say that Donegall
have a ground thats not too small
So when the whistle blows
Tough luck thats the way it goes
Chances are I'll be at H-O-M-E

Now I never miss a game God knows we've shared some pain
For thirty years I supported them best I can
Now on a sunny summers day on the 27th of May it seems so easy to forget
Loyalty through bad times and through good
The Ulster council says "too bad" for all your money that we've had
"If you think we give a *** about you , you must be mad"

And so condemned I stand just an ordinary fan
Like thousands beside me all at home
Sure cant I watch it on T.V it'll be on R.T.E
God knows what the team are goin to do
Now that we are faced with this disgrace
10 000 Armagh Fans cast aside
And as long as I live Innever will forgive
You took away my chance to see the game and you're to blame
Youre to blame, Youre to blame

Blacksheep

Blacksheep - a reckless and unprincipled reprobate!

Armaghtothebone

Quote from: Blacksheep on April 29, 2007, 08:20:50 PM
Stupid tosser.

Care to explain the rationale behind your remark?

Hollow Man

Ah Christy's not that bad...

magpie seanie

Less of the joking. Armagh get fierce tetchy if they have to play championship gmes anywhere other than Clones or Croker. Maybe they'll boycott this one.

armaghniac

So someone is a stupid tosser for suggesting that people should be encouraged to go to games, which is a reasonable point of view.  We have some charming people here on Gaaboard.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

The Real Laoislad

QuoteNow they say that Donegall

There is only one L in Donegal  :P
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Armaghtothebone

Quote from: magpie seanie on April 29, 2007, 11:27:29 PM
Less of the joking. Armagh get fierce tetchy if they have to play championship gmes anywhere other than Clones or Croker. Maybe they'll boycott this one.

Carlow, Kilkenny and Clare........The only counties in Ireland I havent travelled to to watch Armagh Seanie.What do I want? A medal, some wee plaque....No just to be sure of seeing my team play a first round Ulster Championship game.
I could see through it if 50000 wanted to see it and there wasnt a ground big enough for that in Ulster,but thats not the case at all.Clones is empty that day,So is Casement.So is Healey Park.
BTW Seanie real fans travel to Portlaoise to see the U21's or Waterford to see their team in the first qualifying round (2003).

Lecale2

The GAA isn't organised around the so called Armagh fans; most of whom only discovered the association in 2000. If you are an active member of a club you will get a ticket. Donegal are entitled to a home game now and again FFS, even against Armagh.

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: Armaghtothebone on May 02, 2007, 10:03:13 PM
Quote from: magpie seanie on April 29, 2007, 11:27:29 PM

Carlow, Kilkenny and Clare........The only counties in Ireland I havent travelled to to watch Armagh Seanie.What do I want? A medal, some wee plaque....No just to be sure of seeing my team play a first round Ulster Championship game.
I could see through it if 50000 wanted to see it and there wasnt a ground big enough for that in Ulster,but thats not the case at all.Clones is empty that day,So is Casement.So is Healey Park.
BTW Seanie real fans travel to Portlaoise to see the U21's or Waterford to see their team in the first qualifying round (2003).

What you've never travelled to Kilkenny  shame on you :D
You'll Never Walk Alone.

magpie seanie

I think my little barb went over yer mans head. God you'd miss Fearon. I'd have got one back about phantom penalties and lack of catering facilities in Markievicz a long time ago from the big man.

Billys Boots

Talk to the Dubs, they'll feel sorry for you - sure they had poor oul Joe Duffy tortured about the indignity of having to travel to Longford last year.
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Ah lads, the song was good though!
Tbc....

DUBSFORSAM1

Its only fair that after Donegal invested in their stadium that they get games to hold in it.....maybe Armagh with such huge numbers of supporters would be interested in building their own stadium to use...or do they feel the support will dry away in a few years time???

his holiness nb

Quote from: Billys Boots on May 03, 2007, 09:38:16 AM
Talk to the Dubs, they'll feel sorry for you - sure they had poor oul Joe Duffy tortured about the indignity of having to travel to Longford last year.

Ah now Billy dont be at it, many of us this time last year were on saying we didnt have a problem with travelling to Longford.
The sort of people who call Joe Duffy, well, I cant really comment on them  ;)
Ask me holy bollix