The Dubliners - end of an era.

Started by balladmaker, November 13, 2012, 04:22:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

theticklemister

Quote from: sans pessimism on December 19, 2012, 09:14:07 PM
Quote from: theticklemister on November 13, 2012, 04:31:08 PM
Sure the Wolfe Tones were retiring years ago too, and they are still going strong! (Mind ye they are all still alive)

When bands opt to retire I'll wait for a while to see if they do actually retire.
Comparing apples n rotten spuds

wolfe tones get a lot of unwarranted stick on this thread, totally unnecessary. Love the band. In recent years they have slid to be fair as their music since the 'Beat the Irish' CD have been poor as their recordings have all been to background music and not the instruments; and this has come into their live showings also.

I'd take the Wolfe Tones over the Dubliners any day.

Hardy

Quote from: theticklemister on December 19, 2012, 09:21:53 PM
Quote from: sans pessimism on December 19, 2012, 09:14:07 PM
Quote from: theticklemister on November 13, 2012, 04:31:08 PM
Sure the Wolfe Tones were retiring years ago too, and they are still going strong! (Mind ye they are all still alive)

When bands opt to retire I'll wait for a while to see if they do actually retire.
Comparing apples n rotten spuds

wolfe tones get a lot of unwarranted stick on this thread, totally unnecessary. Love the band. In recent years they have slid to be fair as their music since the 'Beat the Irish' CD have been poor as their recordings have all been to background music and not the instruments; and this has come into their live showings also.

I'd take the Wolfe Tones over the Dubliners any day.

Every little improvement is to be welcomed.

balladmaker

Hardy

Thanks, balladmangler. It's the thought that counts. I'll treat it like one of those charity presents you get, like a goat for Africa and pass it on unopened.

Happy Christmas.

theticklemister

Ta Johnny mcevoy ar tnag anois!!!!!!

Beidh andy irvine ar tnag De Domnaigh.

Rossfan

Cuirfeadh Johnny duine a chodladh. :-\
Is dóca go mbeadh Andy níos bheómhar.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM