Appealing a parking ticket fine

Started by bogball88, December 27, 2012, 04:34:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bogball88

Drove down to the pub last night and picked up the car this morning at 2pm at which time I had a parking ticket on my window. Didnt know that it was a no parking zone but upon further inspection I found that it was.

What is the process for appealing and what reasons can I give for my appeal even though I dont have any real excuse to tell them apart from I didnt want to get caught by the cops after drinking 15 pints of stout  :D

All suggestions welcome

Gaffer

"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

Gabriel_Hurl

If you appealed that I hope they'd punish you more for wasting their time

Minus15

You have no grounds at all for appealing so why would you even comtemplate doing that?

Tony Baloney

bogball88

obviously I know I have no grounds for appealing, however I do not wish to pay the fine and was wondering if theres any excuse that I could give them which they would take and let me off!

seanaglis

My wee lad was born in october 5 weeks early. He was in special care for a week. I went to pick him and the mrs up at 4pm (visiting time at hospital, no parking spaces) on a wednesday and parked on the footpath along with about 10 other cars (causing no obstruction). Was about 15 mins and came back out to find that all the cars had been done. I wanted to drive to find one of the cnuts to give them a mouthfull but the mrs didn't want me to the day was in it. I wote off and appealed it (attached a copy of his discharge letter from special care) but the cnuts told me that the ticket was correctly issued and they couldn't do anything. Has left a sour taste in my mouth and I hate the site of them fcukers

Hardy

Quote from: bogball88 on December 27, 2012, 04:34:22 PM
Drove down to the pub last night and picked up the car this morning at 2pm at which time I had a parking ticket on my window. Didnt know that it was a no parking zone but upon further inspection I found that it was.

What is the process for appealing and what reasons can I give for my appeal even though I dont have any real excuse to tell them apart from I didnt want to get caught by the cops after drinking 15 pints of stout  :D

All suggestions welcome

Ah - you're a student.

ziggysego

Testing Accessibility

Gaffer

Quote from: bogball88 on December 27, 2012, 05:13:05 PM
obviously I know I have no grounds for appealing, however I do not wish to pay the fine and was wondering if theres any excuse that I could give them which they would take and let me off!

Tell them you are the village idiot!
"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"